MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Excellent...

MaestroUGC

And with that:

[NES] Tetris-"A Theme"-Version 2-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF

I started updating the original arrangement a couple months ago, but there were a couple of new things I wanted to do with it. It was never meant to be completely re-done, just simply updated to fit my current style. I will not be doing this for every arrangement, only the ones that I can do something new with.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bespinben

Wow...that was simply amazing! Just listened to your Tetris "A Theme" - by golly, it was full of wondrous Russian grandeur! I especially liked the part with those fast sixteenth note runs on the right hand while the left hand pounded out the melody.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

Status update: 50%

Part one is finished. No you can't have it. Yes, I realize this post is simply to tease you. This past week my creative energies have been kicked into high gear with me completing numerous other projects simultaneously. I'm going to try and keep this energy going to try and finish DK64 in a timely manner. I'm also going to be revising my Legend of Zelda - Overworld arrangement as well, and touch up of few of my early 10.

Bloop

How is ANY human be able to play most layer 2 notes?

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on July 06, 2011, 03:38:34 AMHow is ANY human be able to play most layer 2 notes?

Maybe some kind of freaking chinese/japanese virtuoso pianist, who knows...  :P

Korados

Quote from: WarioMan98 on July 06, 2011, 03:47:15 AMMaybe some kind of freaking chinese/japanese virtuoso pianist, who knows...  :P

Or maybe he's the reincarnation of Franz Liszt? ;D

MaestroUGC

Ah...It's nearly done. Just a couple of themes laft to arrange and DK64 will be complete.

And it will be with DK64 that I will put in my two weeks notice. I'm...done. I'm just done. NSM has bee great to me these past couple of years, helping to shape my style in both improvisation and identity as a transcriber of music, both video game and classical. But as time passes and I grow older, I find myself drifting away from this hobby of transcription. This is not a reflection of the community here, but simply a result of my maturity in music. This project was simply a way for me to describe my love for video game music and relay the nostalgia I feel for these themes. Now that I find myslef playing video games less, I don't feel the need to arrange music I don't know or never knew.

On that note, let me clear: I'm not done arranging video game music. There are still a couple of pieces I want to do before I close this chapter in my life. I also plan to revise my older arrangements, as you have seen, as well as orchestrate a few nostalgic themes. I will most likely always dabble in something video game related down the line, and if you wish to see what I do, and have access to my last 10 arrangements, follow me on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/UGC001

Once I finish DK64 and post it here, that will be the last arrangement you will see from me on this site. I will leave the links to my arrangements up for two weeks, after which I will remove the links and close the thread. I will also have the arrangements on the site removed. I will try to make a website in which the sheets would be available for download, but with school starting back up soon I can't guarantee that.

I thank you for your patronage and support, and wish NSM much success in the future.
MaestroUGC

Bespinben

You'll always have my support Maestro! I'm subscribing to you right away  ;)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Hey, did you ever consider doing a virtuoso arrangement of something from the Professor Layton games? I don't know how well that would work, but something like Professor Layton's Theme or St. Mystere? I don't know if they could be made into good virtuoso arrangements, though. Just a question. :p
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Korados

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 09, 2011, 08:36:18 AMHey, did you ever consider doing a virtuoso arrangement of something from the Professor Layton games? I don't know how well that would work, but something like Professor Layton's Theme or St. Mystere? I don't know if they could be made into good virtuoso arrangements, though. Just a question. :p

Ehhhh... Did you read Maestros posting? That's really ignorant of you to post a request now!

SlowPokemon

*facedesk*

Wow. I'm stupid. Good luck in your future ventures Maestro/
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Who will do the virtuoso stuff around here now?
Who will arrange almost impossible songs?
Who will put in normal songs a piece of pure epicness?

Sniff... Farewell, then, Maestro.  :'(
Good luck out there, too.

NSM will never forget you! ;)

MaestroUGC

As of right now, I'm debating whether or not to leave my existing arrangements on the site. As you know I'm in the process of revising my older arrangements. I think I'm going to do this, I'm going to revise as many pieces that I feel can be made better (or at least do some new things), and clean up the sheets that desperately need it out of my 40 arrangements. Since nearly everything in batches 3 and 4 are up to my personal standard, those will most likely be untouched, save for few arrangments. I will leave my thread up, but will no longer be actively participating on this site. I will update my thread with each new revision and arrangement as they come, but don't expect a steady flow.

As you have noticed, I haven't been updating as often I used to two years ago. This is for two reasons: 1) School. It has taken a large amount of my time, and as a composition student I have to actively write pieces that my teachers task me with. Which means less time to spend on my own compositions (priority) and even less time on my arrangements (hobby). 2) I am now in a performing piano quintet, and am currently in the process of arranging a great multitude of pieces for us to play; as well as sacrificing even more time for rehearsal.

To sum things up; I'm leaving in presence, staying in contribution. I will only visit this site to update my thread, and as such will only see replies and messages then. I will leave contact information at the appropriate time if you wish to contact me.

P.S. I only have two themes left on DK64, expect it at least by the end of next week. Maybe sooner if I'm feeling frosty...

P.P.S. I would also like to start looking for a successor...

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn