News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

it was a good thing you kept the harmony stagnant, too. i almost forgot what key we were in d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

You can't beat a good diminished 7th chord.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

fingerz

Quote from: Jompa on October 02, 2013, 02:11:58 AMIf you cared like very very much about counterpoint when you did this, then you have very very many "illegal" areas.
I don't care though, this was really nice!!
Yeah, I get lost the second people start talking technical about music like this... I have no knowledge in this area, but will hopefully have that gap filled after doing composition at Uni for the next four years. :P

*SMACKSMACKSMACKSMACKSMACKSMACK* Yup, those dim7 chords have left their mark... XD Wonderful job, Maestro! I always look forward to listening to a new arrangement you produce because they're just simply amazing. Keep arranging more so I can have my day made more often! :D

Oh yes, a question for you, I think...

Question: Why DO you arrange? What makes you want to arrange? Think hard on that and let me know. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

Yugi

fingerz

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 03, 2014, 05:43:32 PMAnswer: Money, Fame, Women.
I see... Do you get paid to arrange? That's really cool! I was listening to a radio interview about arrangers and they're not really that well-paid... XD You're famous alright! People love your stuff! I didn't know arranging attracted women. I guess I should do a lot more then. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

I don't get paid, I'm hardly famous, and I'm single.

fingerz

Bummer... XD There's obviously a motive, though. :)

MaestroUGC

It really just boils down to personal enjoyment. I'm combining my two passions, music and video games, into one. You have no idea how excited I get when I'm working on an arrangement these days.

Take the Kanto Rhapsody, the style in which I arranged those three pieces are taken straight from Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsodies in form, tone and flair. Liszt is one of my all time favorite composers and possibly my favorite composer of piano music. What he did with the rhapsodies I had wanted to do something similar; Liszt worked with folk and gypsy music he heard while traveling through Hungary while not even having a direct relationship to the country outside of heritage. I wanted to do the same with Pokémon, a game which I don't have any real history with and in itself deals with a lot of traveling from town to town.

Combining that with my ideology of RPG music, cinematic scenes aside, town themes and such as essentially folk music for the areas, I had found the perfect soundscape to achieve this homage.

I used to pump out arrangements at a rather fast rate, but now I don't even begin working on a new one until there's something I want to achieve with it.

fingerz

Yeah, I agree completely. It's a perfect blend of two things I love as well. :)

Yup, I've listened to a lot of Liszt's works and admire him greatly. Your Kanto Rhapsody captures his style perfectly and it's just a lovely piece to listen to. Plus, I really like what you do with your arrangements. You actually ARRANGE them to fit what you want them become, whereas I just transcribe note for note. I hope to one day do what you do, but I don't feel like I have the musical knowledge to attempt it yet...

Thanks for answering, though! I think it's nice to know that people just do it for pure enjoyment. :D

MaestroUGC

Yes, earlier this week I had the idea to arrange "Great Mighty Poo" in the style of Tallis' "Spem in alium".

Needless to say it gives me great enjoyment whenever I think about the idea.

fingerz

Oh my god, please do that! I would probably die listening to it. XDDD

MaestroUGC