News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

i didnt have that problem.. and i have 2010... so 2011 must be effed up or somthn...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

PianoMan

The Pikmin medley made me feel like crying. Good job. I would have enjoyed a boss battle or a collected part in there, though.

MaestroUGC

Yeah...I would've too...

I am glad it brought out such a strong emotional response, that means I achieved what I wanted.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Korados

Tried it with Finale 2010 and it works fine! Wonderful job, but I'd like to see the names of the songs in the songs, I did'nt remember all of them, because I played it the last time a couple of years ago.

Cobraroll

No Ai No Uta?

I know it doesn't appear in the games or anything, but still... It's the song that the most reminds me of Pikmin (mainly because it's the only Pikmin song I've heard).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Taser9090

The medley sounds great! Even when you're pressed for time, you still make it sound awesome. I just wish I could play it :p

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DonValentino

Just wanted to say that some links are broken. The "Fountain of Dreams" and the one from Mario RPG, can´t remember it´s name.

Hope I could play at least one of your arrangements, too!  :'(

MaestroUGC

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? As you may have noticed, I haven't been doing much arranging lately. Simply put, I've been busy with my own music and school. However, as I begin the final push towards finals, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, one reason I haven't even started the DK6 Medley is that I don't have time to sit down and figure out some of the little nuances and themes that I want to present. More often than naught, every time I sit down at the piano, I either rehearse a piece, or try to work out one of my own melodies. However, I have been piecing together how I want to present the music from this game, so all that remains is really a matter of dictation. The semester for me ends the first week of May, and I will begin to work on the Medley immediately following my last test. Until then, enjoy the work my peers are producing. Keep it up you guys, you are keeping NSM thriving.

DonValentino

Sekter77

Donkey Kong 64 music? Sounds cool to me.
By the way, your Elite Four and Brinstar arrangements are really good! But they certainly are virtuoso pieces.
Guitar and video games.

MaestroUGC

Well d***. I feel like I'm letting you and myself down. No more of this stalling. I just need to get the groove back, the only way to do that is to just get into it. You'll have to excuse me, for I've been distracting myself with my music. It seems I create a new melody of motif every week, and that dominates my mind. I do have the set list for the Medley, I'm taking a "As-You-Hear-It" approach; meaning the themes presented will appear as you come accros them in-game. Instead of doing a straight transcription, as with the BK Suite, I'm going to apply my melodic transformation approach, as heard with my Pikmin 2 arrangement. At the moment it seems like it'll be all-in-one, but I may change that as I get into it.

MaestroUGC

I feel like I need to prove to you all that I am not just giving you empty words. As a sing of good faith, here is a preview of what to expect:

C'mon, click it!

This is the opening cutscene from Donkey Kong 64. There are a couple of minor errors, but I will correct them in time. Thank you for your patience and patronage.

Korados

That was just epic, wonderful, Mr. Kirkhope would be proud of you! I once wrote him an e-mail about that site and how we all arrange his music, but he never replied... Nah, you can't have everything, right?

mewyoshi

wow! your arrangments are amazing! fun to play yet challenging! Keep up the good work I can't wait to try the DK medley when its finished, that game has some of my favorite music.

MaestroUGC

Status update:

40% Completed.

I know this is taking a while, but I'm in the midst of other things right now. Most of my time is either spent at work or working with my own piano quintet. However, I am currently re-arranging the Tetris A Theme to update both it's notation (which was horrendous) and do a couple of new things with it. You can expect that here soon, to enjoy in the meantime.