News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

And with that, I bring to you a day in the life of Captain Olimar.

[GCN] Pikmin 2-"Awakening Wood"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

This is the last deviation from my announced arrangements, next up is: Super Mario 64-Dire Dire Docks
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

i did not like it. that song was a march and u took it WAY too slow. try playing a sousa march at 40 bpm-same feeling.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

Definitely better...

I cant wait to hear the Dire Dire Docks... one of my more favorite levels from SM64!

Taser9090

I thought the beginning would just stay at a slow tempo :p

I can't wait for Dire Dire Docks. Such a relaxing song.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

MaestroUGC

[N64] Super Mario 64-"Dire Dire Docks"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

Yes, it is done, arranged for mood, not technique. Enjoy my adaptation of a beloved theme.

Next Up: Map Theme - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Cobraroll

Dire, Dire Docks is a special song in many ways. Most notably here, it sounds rubbish in Finale now matter how you format and notate it. Yours is, sadly, no exception, though I think it would sound wonderful if played on a real-life piano. The song has this special feel, and I felt that you did it justice. Well done. The arrangement also certainly seems playable. I hope to hear it recorded one day.

Looking forward to your next!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

Yeah, U-X can tell you how I struggled trying to do this piece justice. Finale cannot do justice to any piece notated within it, that's just the nature of electronic music.

universe-X

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 12, 2010, 03:09:18 PMYeah, U-X can tell you how I struggled trying to do this piece justice. Finale cannot do justice to any piece notated within it, that's just the nature of electronic music.
Like the little shout-out ;D

Anyways, yeah, I don't see too much of a way to Cziffra-fy the song much more than this. Maybe some power chords? Nah...
It is good (I saw the video) and I definitely felt the emotion, even if Finale is a "robot". (I hear things in my own way :P)

While it is good, I didn't like it. Probably because I'd play it slightly faster and my keyboard adds a beat (I play it at 135 bpm, while this was 120). In other words, I prefer fast-paced music :P

Nice job though!

KefkaticFanatic

I honestly think it's useless and unnecessary.  The original song was perfect, and your arrangement doesn't add anything notable to it.  All you do is as usual, spam chords and just add a few bonus notes every once in a while.  Also any piano arrangement misses the awesome drum beats at the later part of the song, and can therefore never do true justice to the song.

Just my opinion of course.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Korados

off-topic: OMG!!! I wasn't here for two years or something! How did I dare to forget this site?!

topic: I want to compliment you for the BK/BT suite, it's awesome! Maybe this was mentioned before, but movement four seems to be missing, in the folder there are I, II, III, V and VI. Maybe that was just a mistake with the roman numbers or something? If not, could you please upload the fourth movement, too. I'm looking forward to hear it! Thank you! ;D

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

[SNES] Super mario World 2: Yoshi's Island-"Map Theme"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

This is a great party theme, easily one of Kondo's most triumphant works and ingenious works.

Up next: Pikmin Medley.