MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

Maybe accepting remixes would help, but there isn't space on the site. It's set up for the originals.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Bloop

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 05, 2010, 02:00:47 PMI like this arrangement, but I want to point out a couple of things:
1) When making chords, try not to go beyond a ninth, maybe a tenth but use it sparingly.
2) The arpeggios in the left hand are good, but the initial chords make them a bit excessive.
3) I love the glissandos in the right hand, though because of the structure of the arrangement, it might be better to put in grace notes. That way the player doesn't drag his finger down and still have to play the note an octave above.

Its a nice arrangement, but I still think there is much more you can do with it, keep trying.

Also, thank you Gooch.
Euhm, can you place grace notes in finale notepad 2008?

MaestroUGC

Sure thing; do you want them to be chromatic passes, or perfect scales?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bloop

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 05, 2010, 11:21:32 PMSure thing; do you want them to be chromatic passes, or perfect scales?
what's the difference?

Tangy

Quote from: MasterPenguin on July 03, 2010, 08:05:57 PMSource.

That contradicts everything you said about remixes, just fyi. I wasn't gonna say anything, but you kept using the word remix incorrectly. :3

And we have medleys on this site... Those are different from original arrangements as well. @_@

Cobraroll

I'm with Gooch here. Just to throw that in.

Also, in what way is the current setting harming the site? All the virtousized songs are already submitted as normal difficult ones. We do provide accurate transcriptions, even if there are some versions who aren't. We have originals, and some songs with a little "extra" in them. I don't see the problem, ESPECIALLY when most of the songs aren't even hosted on this site. As long as they stay in this topic, they do absolutely no harm. And even if UGC wants them to go on site, they have to pass the mods first. If the mods don't want to upload the virtouso songs, so be it. It's their decision.

The only nitpick I can see is putting the songs (arrangements, remixes, whatever, they're not submitted anyway) in the Submission forum without submitting them. But the way I see it, that's not really a problem. Honestly, it's a single topic.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MasterPenguin

On the topic of remixes, I contacted a bunch of the staff, and here's what they think about having remixes on the site.

Jamaha - No
Nintendude73 - No
Harvest - No
MasterPenguin - No
HugoMeister - No
Nakah - No

So currently, are remixes allowed? No. So if you want to make a remix, just put it in the correct section, where we can all enjoy it still, and we can all critique it still.

universe-X

Not technically all will be able to critique it. Plus, creativity board is such a low-profile board. No one's arrangements really get critiques anymore (at least not mine anyway :P)

master_gamer38

Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

universe-X

To me it's a big waste of time. There's already songs on site, etc. Now that's like saying we should allow ensembles and such because that's what's in the creativity corner.

Dude

I don't think new people should have any say in this debate.

Sorry guys. You just haven't been here long enough to know what is going on.

dahans

Quote from: Dude on July 06, 2010, 02:55:44 PMI don't think new people should have any say in this debate.

Sorry guys. You just haven't been here long enough to know what is going on.

What's NEW for you?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Dude

dahans

oh!
How many arrangments of Maestro are on the actual site? 6? That's not a lot...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

Bloop's not in it, smarty :P he's looking for opinions on his piece.