Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Taser9090

The arcade medley was great. I could only expect so much from you :p

I can't wait for SMW

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

dahans

I love your arcade medley. Unfortunately I would be never able to play it on a piano. However, great arrangments and I think this medley was missing on this site. Well done!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MaestroUGC

[SNES] Super Mario World-"Ending Theme"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

Ending Theme from Super Mario World Added. Enjoy.

Next Up:
Yoshi's Island: Castle

universe-X

I'm not able to open the MUS or MIDI at the moment, but that could just be me. . .

Seeker

This is a signature.

universe-X

OK, I got it open. I love how everything seems to be increasing: sound, difficulty, speed. And then that sudden change in speed brings everything back to normal. Then finally, the classic "rag ending". You definitely did not hold back on this...

Olimar12345

im usually a big fan of the work u do, however the ending song sort of dissapointed me...im lovin the 12/8 time but, u left some things out, had the occasional missed rhythm, and that whole bridging thing u added-i think could have been alot better...  i love the things u do-just look over this one once more...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Well I'm sorry you feel that way...maybe this can make up for it.

[SNES] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island-"Castle"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

Up next:
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Fountain of Dreams.

universe-X

Holy crap! That was quick!

Heard it, and it is kind of losing that "Virtuoso" aspect . . .

The ending and beginning were both pretty easy, only the middle was a bit more of a challenge, but with enough practice, the full song could be played by an intermediate -> mid-expert. Just try to remember what tools make up a virtuoso player. Not just different time signatures, fast tempo, or too many "filler" notes. On the actual song, great job, but it truly could've been better . . .

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I know...I designed these past two to be one of my "forgetable" arrangements (you can't write only masterpieces).

I'll make sure these next few will blow you away. Besides, the way I planned this was to have each set of ten performed in one setting. These middle arrangements give the player a break from the hustle. I have no intentions of revising them for this reason.

The Ending theme is essentially a false ending. Designed to make the audience think the set was over, or at least was going to end prematurely. This was a technique used heavily by Beethoven, the man with a everlasting ending.

The Castle theme is a more relaxed waltz (when compared to the Underwater theme) as the theme itself was heavily subued in the game. Unjustly so in my opinion. When I arrange, I think of everything, and so difficulty came into effect in this calmer middle section.

universe-X

KefkaticFanatic

Make sure Fountain of Dreams is actually playable, unlike 90% of the arrangements out there.

me irl
[close]