News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Cobraroll

This may be a lot to ask about, but I've got a question:

It seems like you always have a pretty big queue of songs you're going to "virtousify", and you keep taking requests (and that's awesome). I know several of these may not be fulfilled, or at least pushed down the queue, but could you possibly post a list of songs you're going to do, in your first post? You provided a list some pages back, but could you put another in the initial post of this topic? This way, we can see what to expect (some day), you can ask about which ones to give priority, and we'll prevent a lot of double requests. And we can know what to look forward to.

Is it an idea?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

MaestroUGC

Final Bowser from Super Mario Galaxy added.

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy-"Final Bowser"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

I'll try to quicken the pace since my over-extended hiatus. Again, commentary welcome.

Coming soon: Super Smash Brothers Brawl-Main Theme........That's right, I said it.

universe-X

UGC, you never cease to amaze me. But you've always ceased to make me dissapointed. ;) I haven't heard the song yet, but I just know I might die from how great it might sound.

SSBB Main Theme • Virtuoso = Epic

Have you taken into consideration the Besaid Island theme yet? Roz~ put up a link a few posts ago.

MaestroUGC

universe-X

I see what you mean.

Just heard the Final Bowser theme, at first I did not think it could get anymore better than the original, but once again, this song you made just amazed me. I love how you kept the original song in there while adding your own style in it and more. I also like where (I was a little dissapointed :P at first) where you had those staccato notes for the main "chorus" and then just filled the song up. Ending: loved the originality in it. Well thought up, very good job.  :)

EDIT:^^ not sure if some of that made sense. After a little investigation, I've found some similarities between this song and some of my own Chaos remixes. I'll point a few, (I'll use the MIDI timer since I only have Reader 2009).

1) At about 0:04, in the left hand there is a little swirly, I guess I would call it, similar to what I have in my Final Bowser 64 mix.

2) from about 1:29-1:31 the notes go into a lower octave, kind of what I have in my Battlerock one so far.

I'm not saying that you were copying, I'm just saying it sounded similar. It's a little of a coincidence though. Once again, great job on this song. (and if it's ok, i'll like to copy that style you have in the left hand starting at 1:38 for my Battlerock-Chaos, which should be up in about a week or two. You can see what I have currently in the Home-made compositions place.

See you around. :)

universe-X

also, may I make a request for the Megaleg battle (contradiction, I know) and Koopa's Road (Bowser's Star Reactor). I'm pretty sure you know both songs.

MaestroUGC

Megaleg...sorry but no. My Galaxy quota is filled for my 50 total. As far as Koopa's Road goes...

universe-X

:o 50!? WoW!

So Koopa's Road is an official request? *crossesfingers*

MaestroUGC

Main Theme from Super Smash Bros. Brawl added.

[Wii] Super Smash Brothers Brawl-"Main Theme"-MaestroUGC MUS MID

A note: This isn't like my normal form. During the transcrition process I realized how insanely complicated it is, like most orchestral transcriptions. So what you have here is simply a transcription with some liberties...Enjoy!

Coming Soon: Something from SM64...

universe-X

Gosh, UGC, I hate you! You get these songs done so fast while I'm here struggling. :P Gotta listen to SSBB in the morning.

Final Bowser Battle 64, baby! That is going to be epicly epic, I just know it. (My favorite theme from SM64 ::) )

EDIT: hmmmm, just heard it, it's not one of your best works in sound, I must say, but I can clearly hear how hard the notation is. Great job, though, sounds a lot better than the original. :)

P.S. on your youtube video, you misspelled "total" in the phrase "toatl awesomeness and epic win :P

marioguy

MaestroUGC

I treated it  more of a transcription than I did an arrangement. That attributed to its uniqueness in sound and quality.

Cobraroll

Brawl Main Theme is cool, but why does it repeat? It's a typical "play once" song, it's only in the menus that it repeats.

Other than that, I have no issues with it. At times, it sounded a little "overkill" with chords, but I guess that's just Finale. Can't wait to see more!

And "something" from SM64... unless you're doing Lethal Lava Land or Big Boo's Haunt, it's going to be awesome. All the other songs in that game are among the best video game songs ever written. Even Select a File would make me happy.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.