News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

E3 2009

Started by SuperFireKirby, May 29, 2009, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirIngusBingus

'Tis better than nothing.

Quote from: dahans on June 06, 2009, 02:59:33 AMWhat do you think about SMG 2?
LAME. It's the same game with different levels. What they should have done, if they were set on doing a rerelease, is brought back an older game, namely, Sunshine. Besides, Sunshine had a story, meaning a sequel is possible. Galaxy had no story worth speaking of, so a sequel makes no sense.

KefkaticFanatic

I never really liked Galaxy all that much.  I preferred both Sunshine and 64 over it by far.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Good, I'm not the only one who feels that way. Galaxy was good, yes, but it wasn't awesome, like the other two.

Harvest

I dislike all of Nintendo's key "hardcore" franchises.  I really can't play any Mario, Zelda, or Metroid series games so I have never gotten any enjoyment from Galaxy, Twilight Princess, or the third Metroid and I do not look forward to any future installments.

I have no idea why, must be the lack of swearing and blood?  Can't be, because I enjoy Animal Crossing :P
-

Jamaha

SirIngusBingus

*Ingus casts Firaga

dahans

yep SMG wasn't that good. Sunshine and SM64 were much better (the best games ever in my opinion). But I will buy it and then Ill see if it's good or not.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: dahans on June 07, 2009, 11:41:02 AMSunshine and SM64 were much better (the best games ever in my opinion). But I will buy it and then Ill see if it's good or not.
Now that is bullshit.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jamaha

Gu4n

Personally, I think Galaxy (although it may not be as revolutionary as Super Mario 64) takes the Mario-franchise to the limit: I highly doubt it's possible to create a better Mario-game than Galaxy.

KefkaticFanatic

I really hated the whole planets thing.  It just got annoying and repetitive.  It was a decent idea that could be used for like 5 stages or something, but basing nearly the entire game off of it just kind of ruined it for me.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

They seem to be using that kind of concept in different forms for alot of games nowadays.(I'm talking strictly about Nintendo in this sentence BTW)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Tranzlater

I loved 64- easily the best.

I didn't really like Sunshine, actually. It felt a chore to go thru all those levels... gawd...

Galaxy was great- I liked it how they brought back a load of stuff, and the galaxy system was good- but yeah, the story was next to none, worse than even the original SMB, and that was for NES. I don't know why they are making "SMG2", they should do a sequel but not another galaxy. What more is there to do? The story will just be "Oh, no, Peach was captured by Bowser again, oh no, the station fell apart only now it's in an alternate universe, oh no... let's do the same all over again... yaaaay..."

Quote from: Harvest on June 07, 2009, 10:06:53 AMI really can't play any Mario...or Metroid series games

Blasphemy

Quote from: Harvest on June 07, 2009, 10:06:53 AMI really can't play any... Zelda games

I share your pain.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Expecting a good story from a Mario game is like expecting a good story from Pac Man.  Just accept that you'll never get one and just play the game.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

^Meh, Sunshine's wasn't bad.

And I assume you're not including the Mario&Luigi and Paper Mario games in that, are you?