News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

E3 2009

Started by SuperFireKirby, May 29, 2009, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 04, 2009, 06:54:36 PM
Quote from: Harvest on June 04, 2009, 05:44:47 PMYeah, but put this computer in that room and he would be done the test in less than a second and have everything 100% correct.
A computer is only as smart as a human wants it to be...

We're talking about a computer that is smarter than a human.
-

SuperFireKirby

Yes but if the computer isn't connected to the internet, it can't just summon answers out of the blue by automatically searching them up. It either would have to use answers programmed into it by a human or, where AI comes in, logic and reason also pragrammed in by a human. So maybe later down the line we can make a computer that can match our intelligence based on pure intellect without any use of outside resources but right now I don't see it being possible.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

The humans who designed this computer wanted it to be better than a human so they programmed all those things into it.  Yes, a computer is only as smart as the maker wants it to be, but in this case the maker wanted it to be smarter than any human.

-

KefkaticFanatic

...so if you want it smarter than a human, you can theoretically do that.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

I haven't heard much about this E3- only New super mario bros. wii and Halo reach. But what's this I hear about MGS for Xbox360?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

There is one.  It will feature Raiden.  It is a multiplatform MGS.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Harvest on June 04, 2009, 07:26:37 PMThe humans who designed this computer wanted it to be better than a human so they programmed all those things into it.  Yes, a computer is only as smart as the maker wants it to be, but in this case the maker wanted it to be smarter than any human.

But the maker must be able to design the computer to be smarter than it! You can't just build a computer that is smarter than the human race, because all of the information it knows has to come from somewhere. There is a BIG difference between being smart (being able to understand and figure out) and having a larger memory (knowing more facts). Just as a computer could learn everything the interent has to offer, so can a human, assuming he has thousands/millions of years. A computer is only faster, not more intellegent.

Quote from: Tranzlater on June 05, 2009, 12:18:29 PMI haven't heard much about this E3- only New super mario bros. wii and Halo reach. But what's this I hear about MGS for Xbox360?

Project Natal looks to be the most promising new concept-Microsoft has created a controllerless interface, and it's pretty dang awesome.

Of course, the new Assassin's Creed looks completely badass, as does the new Splinter Cell. And Silent Hill looks pretty good too.
DJ Hero, on the other hand, looks just plain ridiculous.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 05, 2009, 02:11:27 PMBut the maker must be able to design the computer to be smarter than it! You can't just build a computer that is smarter than the human race, because all of the information it knows has to come from somewhere. There is a BIG difference between being smart (being able to understand and figure out) and having a larger memory (knowing more facts). Just as a computer could learn everything the interent has to offer, so can a human, assuming he has thousands/millions of years. A computer is only faster, not more intellegent.
That's what I'm saying! All the informaton that a computer may ever know must be programmed into it unless it is programmed to simulate thinking by making a resonable guess based on the command or question given. And we don't have that kind of technology yet.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Exactly.

Dragon Age Origins looks like it could be pretty good, but I'm worried it'll turn into another one of those generic RPG games.

Harvest

Well I really have no argument to what you're saying.  However, I'm right that a computer equal to a human brain but faster is better.  Really that is what I was saying.
-

dahans

What do you think about SMG 2?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Tranzlater

Huh. It's like what I see as the difference between intelligence and cleverness- clever = knowing alot, intelligent = a good brain, able to understand.

We can make a cleverer computer, but we can never make a more intelligent computer unless we make it organic, or something.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

SMG2 looks okay but I would much rather have a new LoZ.

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, it'll be announced NEXT YEAR.  Which means we won't get it until next holiday season at the earliest.

me irl
[close]