oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

E3 2009

Started by SuperFireKirby, May 29, 2009, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Awesomesauce

Ingus wins at A.I..
Also, does the PSP Go play old PSP games? :\
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

KefkaticFanatic

No, he's thinking with human mind terms.  It is possible.  He's not thinking of it right.

It does not play UMDs at all.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 02, 2009, 04:43:19 PM
Quote from: Harvest on June 02, 2009, 04:14:08 PMOk so this Natal Milo thing.

So they've actually developed AI equal to a human brain as well as advanced robotic voice?  I doubt both of those. 

If it is real, I would so kill that kid.

Robotic voice, yes, we've had that for years. As for the AI, it's impossible for it to equal that of the human brain, but MAN, that's pretty dang close.
Areyou talking about that AI IBM has been working on for a long time now. It upposed to be able to be to answer questions given using logic and reason of sorts. It's going to go on jeprardy unplugged from the internet.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 03, 2009, 01:41:33 PMNo, he's thinking with human mind terms.  It is possible.  He's not thinking of it right.

It does not play UMDs at all.

Elaborate. I could be wrong.

Harvest

Perhaps make a computer equal to a human mind then take that and connect it with another.  Have them work seamlessly together, as if they were one computer.  Tell them to design a better computer.
-

SirIngusBingus

That's the same thing as above; it's jsut more RAM and more speed if 2 computers are working together.

KefkaticFanatic

It's simple to make a computer that is better than the human mind.  The human mind is restricted by our set-in-place laws, silly moral issues, etc.  A computer has no need to worry about such issues, it simply retrieves data.  If we could create one that could be self sufficient and actually be able to figure out things on its own, then there you go.

The only problem is actually making this.  We have nowhere near the technology to make a computer this smart.  Not yet.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 03, 2009, 03:52:32 PMThat's the same thing as above; it's jsut more RAM and more speed if 2 computers are working together.

Two humans can't work together as if they were one human.  Plus, a human with double the memory and double the speed in decision making has a more powerful mind than a regular human...therefore increasing the speed and ram of a computer would make it more powerful than a human..
-

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Harvest on June 03, 2009, 08:23:54 PM
Quote from: SirIngusBingus on June 03, 2009, 03:52:32 PMThat's the same thing as above; it's jsut more RAM and more speed if 2 computers are working together.

Two humans can't work together as if they were one human.  Plus, a human with double the memory and double the speed in decision making has a more powerful mind than a regular human...therefore increasing the speed and ram of a computer would make it more powerful than a human..

No, it would just make it a human that is faster or more efficient.

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 03, 2009, 06:54:07 PMIt's simple to make a computer that is better than the human mind.  The human mind is restricted by our set-in-place laws, silly moral issues, etc.  A computer has no need to worry about such issues, it simply retrieves data.  If we could create one that could be self sufficient and actually be able to figure out things on its own, then there you go.

The only problem is actually making this.  We have nowhere near the technology to make a computer this smart.  Not yet.

Some sort of emotionless cyborg might actually work better here, but your idea is more sound than Harvest's.

Anyway, back on topic, FF XIV is scheduled for 2010, but it's another MMO, which isn't really the series' forte. However, it doesn't seem as technolohy-focused as the most recent ones, which made me happy.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Harvest

Therefore, the computer being twice as fast and twice as efficient is better than a human brain...

I really thought being faster would make you better.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Harvest is right.  I don't know why you're saying he's wrong.  You must be insane.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

I'm sure I'm insane, but here's my reasoning:

Just because something is faster doesn't mean it's smarter. The computer would simply take less time to do the same task as humans, but the humans, with enough time, could do it equally as well.

Example: Class taking a test. The first kid done isn't guarenteed the highest grade, is he?

Harvest

Yeah, but put this computer in that room and he would be done the test in less than a second and have everything 100% correct.
-

SirIngusBingus

My point is, we can build computers that can operate at incredible speeds, (and thus get great amounts of work done) but we can't build a computer that can do something we could never do, no matter how much we had to do it in. A computer must be programmed to do something; they can't do anything we are unable to create a prgram for.

Example: Let's say, we're trying to figure out how to acheive warp speed space travel. We could make a computer figure out the formula, but only if we could find the formula ourselves eventually. If it is completely impossible for us to do, then it is also impossible for them to do. A computer must have instructions, even if they're very vague intructions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Harvest on June 04, 2009, 05:44:47 PMYeah, but put this computer in that room and he would be done the test in less than a second and have everything 100% correct.
A computer is only as smart as a human wants it to be...

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!