News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Concerning NSM and game music...

Started by dahans, May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 29, 2009, 12:46:44 PMYou people are amazing.  I can't believe you haven't discovered that yet.  You need to spend more time on the internet.

Yeah, well. I've only been on the internet this year. Which hasn't even been a year yet.

kirby_superstar

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 28, 2009, 06:11:47 AMAlthough I do like your name Kirby Superstar you are an idiot. I have literally never heard anyone on here discuss mtv unless they were bashing it into the ground. And when I bash the radio, I'm bashing the stations that are most listened to(AKA rap and pop rock stations). And further more, I have never heard a single peice of jazz music in a LoZ game. So please don't act like you know everything whn you don't.

oh my goodness, seriously i dont wanna have a flame war

but ill address what you said

1. your first point is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, im not a fan of mtv i was making apoint
2. this is also not an argument? i agree rap/pop rock station are generic and reproductive
3. then you've never played zelda dumb head, or you dont know jazz, or better yet koji kondo, who's biggest roots and influences one can see clearly come from jazz; or if you want a specific example: the Milk Bar
4. i dont know everything, haha, im not afraid to say it, but you clearly dont know anything at all

moving on  ::)

i dont get pandora..... :'( it doesnt work outside of the U.S.
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

Brassman388

kirby_superstar

'tis
very....

but, whatever, i like canada, lol, and commas, :)

SuperFireKirby

Kirby, there are very few Zelda peices that are evenly remotely close to Jazz, the Milk Bar is one of the few exceptions. 'Sigh'

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

Acually now that I think about it, Koji Loves jazz. He promoted his entire legend of zelda and mario peices into making them into jazz band songs. Big Band of Rogues sound familiar?

SuperFireKirby

Yes but the original pieces of zelda music, for the most part, do not sound like jazz.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

kirby_superstar

nope not exactly, but did i only mention LoZ?  ::) but even though the milk bar is one exception, its still jazz right, and its still vgm...oh my goodness no way

SuperFireKirby

I'm sorry but could you rephrase that sentence so it's actually understandable?

Brassman388

Well, the point I'm trying to make is that, Vgm music has the capability to become whatever style that it needs to be. Whether it is VGM or not.

kirby_superstar

Thank you :)
It's glad to see there is someone who isn't completely obtuse replying right now

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: kirby_superstar on May 30, 2009, 12:53:07 PMnope not exactly, but did i only mention LoZ?  ::) but even though the milk bar is one exception, its still jazz right, and its still vgm...oh my goodness no way
Your reply sounded like a bunch of remarks jumbled into two sentences. Can you please rephrase your thoughts so its not just a disorganized mess I can't seem to understand?

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: kirby_superstar on May 30, 2009, 01:09:15 PMThank you :)
It's glad to see there is someone who isn't completely obtuse replying right now

...interesting...adjective use...

Brassman388

Not sure what you two are getting at.

kirby_superstar

i dont know what you're getting at ingus, but that was a perfectly acceptable way to use obtuse in a sentence....if you were even getting at anything....

back to you kirby, im sorry for not being clear ::)

I didn't say that only LoZ has jazz music, I gave another example. Furthermore, I didn't ever state that it contains exclusively jazz music. Then you said that the Milk Bar is just one exception followed by a sigh, of what I can only assume to be exasperation. However, my point was that regardless of whether you think that the Milk Bar is "[...]one of the few exceptions." it is still a piece of video game music. Video game music, in itself, is not a genre. It is an umbrella term for any music found inside a video game; hence, I find it quite obtuse for one to say that they only listen to vgm as if it were it's own seperate, clearly defined, genre.

there's my perspective
happy?