News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Concerning NSM and game music...

Started by dahans, May 09, 2009, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirby_superstar

You guys make it seem like the radio just spews bullshit

Thats not entirely true. Whats more, whos to say that what is on the radio is what is deemed good music by the majority of the population, bcuz it depends on the station, and a whole bunch of other factors.

And what i find to be quite irritating is the way that ive come to the conclusion that you think the only music that exists is whats played on mtv, much, and the top 40

A lot of people, even complete tools, lol, have a more diverse taste in music than one would think, dont assume things about other people

Anyway, like someone said earlier, music is music

I dont consider to be a different genre, i find that to be incredibly weird; hence why i believe genre title/labels to be restricting in some cases....anyway, video game music contains many different styles; jazz(koji kondo, mario, zelda), classical & romantic(too many to name), baroque(castlevania), along with pentatonic and ethnic/regional folk melodies, traditional music, flamenco, gothic(and by that i mean gothic not extravagantly dressed people playing guitars so heavily distorted there's no melody to be found) - dont get me wrong though, there are good goth bands, i was just making an example - percussion, showtunes, everything.

and that is why i love vgm, so please people, dont be so biased  ;)
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

Brassman388

Your explanation was satisfactory. I might even to go as far as listening to the radio now. Thanks.

SuperFireKirby

Although I do like your name Kirby Superstar you are an idiot. I have literally never heard anyone on here discuss mtv unless they were bashing it into the ground. And when I bash the radio, I'm bashing the stations that are most listened to(AKA rap and pop rock stations). And further more, I have never heard a single peice of jazz music in a LoZ game. So please don't act like you know everything whn you don't.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

I understand your point SFK, but there is no need to get hostile. He was simply generalizing why the radio isn't all that useless. Nothing to get finnicky about. That's what leads to flame wars and such.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Dude

Jamaha

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

mantis985

I just started using that.  It's great for finding new kinds of music.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

thanks for introducing me to this site kotor.

Brassman388

KefkaticFanatic

You people are amazing.  I can't believe you haven't discovered that yet.  You need to spend more time on the internet.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I wish I had discovered it earlier but oh well. :-\