Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Red was sort of disappointingly easy...

I mean, I beat him with my team (which is well-balanced!) at level 65! And although his Pikachu is really high, the others aren't so much (i.e., Lapras...).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

I don't like the Pokéthlon. Mostly because my Touch Screen is broken and I can hardly make my Pokémon move.

Also, looking at RNG, I'd say hacking (or the use of M3 card) is as morally sound as abusing the RNG. Especially if you need an external program to do it.

Oh, and the Elite Four were pathetic. Perhaps that was because I had an lvl 55 team and set Battle Style to "shift". Politoed made extremely short work of Lance with Ice Beam. When I finally had saved up enough coins to buy that TM the first time, I clicked wrong and bought Thunderbolt instead. Two hours since last save. I spent the better part of the following day flippin' Voltorbs.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Shift might have helped a little bit!

Wasting time flipping voltorbs got me a porygon, eevee and mr mime

SlowPokemon

Eevee and Mr. Mime are pretty easy to get elsewhere, though. :P

Porygon would be my first choice.

And the elite four are even ridiculously easy after they're leveled up and have six Pokemon each. Will's highest is 62, Koga 63, and Bruno and Karen are 64. Karen does have two that are level 64 though.

Lance, however has all six, some new ones such as Garchomp, Altaria, and Salamence, plus is level 75 at Dragonite, and his lowest is Gyarados at level 68. So, he's still pretty easy, but requires a bit more work on my part.

Roz~

I defeated Lance with my lvl 64 Poliwrath. Ice Punch ftw.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Certainly, but I prefer Ice Beam... Blizzard is also good, but with 70% acc. not very reliable...

Fire Blast has 85% percent now, so I can rely on that. Same with Megahorn.

Roz~

Flamethrower > Fire Blast imho... for some reason I always miss with Fire Blast. x) And I prefer Ice Beam too, but it wouldn't be wise to teach that to a Poliwrath anyway. :P

SlowPokemon

Haha, I know. I was just sayin' in general. :)

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 31, 2010, 03:00:36 PMFlamethrower > Fire Blast imho... for some reason I always miss with Fire Blast. x) And I prefer Ice Beam too, but it wouldn't be wise to teach that to a Poliwrath anyway. :P

Flamethrower is pretty awesome... and Eruption has kinda made it up there too... just have to keep my hp high

SlowPokemon

Eruption is awesome with a Camerupt, and Water Spout is with Wailord. ;P

I love Groudon. It's such an awe-inspiring and good Pokemon.

Kyogre is also cool.

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 31, 2010, 06:08:18 PMEruption is awesome with a Camerupt, and Water Spout is with Wailord. ;P

I love Groudon. It's such an awe-inspiring and good Pokemon.

Kyogre is also cool.
I like how a shiny Groudon is basically a golden one.

SlowPokemon

Groudon is pretty epic. Dialga and Palkia are too robotic.

Roz~

Raikou ftw. I don't like third and fourth gen legendaries that much.

SlowPokemon

I like Latios and Latias, and Groudon and Kyogre. I don't like the Regis, and anything past that I don't really like.

Giratina has a cool type-combination, but not a very practical one... it's susceptible to everything Ghost-types are, plus everything Dragon-types are. :P

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 31, 2010, 06:33:51 PMI like Latios and Latias, and Groudon and Kyogre. I don't like the Regis, and anything past that I don't really like.

Giratina has a cool type-combination, but not a very practical one... it's susceptible to everything Ghost-types are, plus everything Dragon-types are. :P
Giratina has massive HP in his Origin Forme.