News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 15, 2010, 09:36:25 AMsorry to double post, but...

You can get a Jirachi from Nintendo WFC in Mystery Gift... but it ends today (maybe this is old news, but i just found about it today)

I got the same Jirachi from Gamestop back in March... o_-

And it's really hard to build a team around Totodile...

I'm considering dropping it... Probably not though. It's characteristic makes its already-high attack very developed! :D

I'm pondering something like this for a final team -
Feraligatr
Togetic/Blissey
Magneton
Magmar
Alakazam/Gengar
and probably Sunflora

Someone give me suggestions and help me decide...

I'm in Violet City with nothing but a level 12 Totodile.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2010, 10:31:51 AMI got the same Jirachi from Gamestop back in March... o_-

And it's really hard to build a team around Totodile...

I'm considering dropping it... Probably not though. It's characteristic makes its already-high attack very developed! :D

I'm pondering something like this for a final team -
Feraligatr
Togetic/Blissey
Magneton
Magmar
Alakazam/Gengar
and probably Sunflora

Someone give me suggestions and help me decide...

I'm in Violet City with nothing but a level 12 Totodile.

Well, I'd go with a Togetic! Blissey will be unable to obtain until after you can visit the safari zone, which will require further training from there... with Togetic, you have more time to get the Togepi happy from the egg!
Alakazam would be a great choice since it can learn fighting moves for when you face Karen, and it has a leg up on Morty AND Chuck (and it can be a strong opponent to Clair's Kingdra, which was my case).

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 15, 2010, 01:10:00 PMWell, I'd go with a Togetic! Blissey will be unable to obtain until after you can visit the safari zone, which will require further training from there... with Togetic, you have more time to get the Togepi happy from the egg!
Alakazam would be a great choice since it can learn fighting moves for when you face Karen, and it has a leg up on Morty AND Chuck (and it can be a strong opponent to Clair's Kingdra, which was my case).

Good advice! Most of what you said about Togetic and Blissey, I had already thought of - here's the thing. If the Togepi that hatches has the ability Serene Grace, I'll train it. If it has Hustle (worst ability ever...) then I'll trade a Chansey egg from my SoulSilver and train that instead.

I'm going to train Gengar because I need something to train before the first gym... Probably Alakazam as well. And the last two spots will most likely be filled with Magmar (can be found at Burned Tower) and Sunflora (National Park). (And Feraligatr, of course)

DrP

SlowPokemon

Probably Lickitung. Can use Cut, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb. I would most likely teach it Surf, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb...

Probably a Bellsprout for Flash...

I don't know about Fly... maybe my Togetic if I train it.

Or, if Lickitung's too late, I could use Tentacruel for Cut, and all the water HMs.

Furret can learn a bunch as well.

And I may teach Waterfall to Feraligatr for Physical STAB move. Or possibly I'd wait for Aqua Tail (but level 58 is a bit late...)

Cobraroll

I use Furret and Wooper as HM slaves.

Furret: Strength, Rock Smash, Cut and Rock Climb

Wooper: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall.

No Flash or Defog. I can navigate caves without them. It has worked so far (and why would I need Defog anyway?).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

I currently have a Poliwrath, Sandshrew and Golem as HM slaves...but I usually use Furret and something else

...and id use waterfall for Feraligatr and then delete it before level 58!

SlowPokemon

Haha good advice.
I'm not playing until 8:00 though... I have to wait for night to catch Gastly in Sprout Tower Dx

DrP

yes. don't forget about the haunted monsters... BOO! hahaha

I want Friday to come... cause you should know why

I just reached Will. I'm gonna write more in both my book and fanfic and finish my last two G/S arrangements, so ill get to the Four Heavenly Kings later

SlowPokemon

Why do you want Friday to come? Lapras reasons? o_O

DrP

My thoughts exactly! Me wants a Lapras!

You know what they should put in a Pokémon game? Seasons that change with the DS clock, and have set days and areas that gain weather effects on different days (not like R/S/E where some places were constantly raining)

Roz~

I agree, it would be really sweet. And I should also catch a Lapras tomorrow, could be a good idea.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Yup.

Beat the first gym leader... And I got my egg... and it was about to hatch... so I saved (would restart if it had the wrong ability)... so it hatched... so it had the wrong ability... and calm nature... and good endurance... so I restarted... SAME FRICKIN' STUFF. T.T I didn't know all that stuff was predetermined in the egg...

So I'm probably going to train Blissey now. :P

SIGH...

My team: Gastly Lv15, Totodile Lv14.

Soon-to-be Chansey...

Unless anyone has a better idea. (Soon)

DrP

you're a long ways from a chansey... you gotta beat Jasmine to get anywhere near it. You need a Pokémon that can fly, so may I suggest a Hoothoot... then you can train it with psychic moves to beat Morty and Chuck... flying AND psychic moves, not to mention you can have fly!

SlowPokemon

Did you not hear me - er, read me - say that I would trade a Chansey Egg from my SoulSilver???
So, any better ideas besides that? :D