News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Pokemon like Lugia are useful when using an Uber team. As far as I can remember, I've never used a single lengendary Pokemon. I mean, what's the point in having a Pokemon that can destroy everything in-game? Oh, and maxing out 2 stats is not always the good thing to do.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Legendary usage seems cheap to me.

I'd never use an uber team - the most fun thing in the game is the Battle Frontier, and you can't use half of the legendaries there - none of the good ones anyway. :P

In my Platinum I like to train a random Pokemon up to Lv50 for the Battle Frontier - I've done that with a Hitmontop (not all it's cracked up to be) and a Shuckle (useless because I don't have the TM Toxic) in my SoulSilver.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

I would just EV max of 2 stats or split into 3. The counting issue is really the problem here...if there was a way to see them I would definitely try 3. 2 is the only way you can see if you've maxed out the EVs. The Gengar I'm training right now is level 55 and has 190+ SpAtt. The EVs aren't maxed out yet and I'm working on the Speed too.

The Legendary ban is :(

I've played more than 200 hours of Pokemon games in my old Ruby version and I only found a colored Loudred. None in any game after that except the free Gyarados.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 27, 2010, 10:18:19 AMIn my Platinum I like to train a random Pokemon up to Lv50 for the Battle Frontier - I've done that with a Hitmontop (not all it's cracked up to be) and a Shuckle (useless because I don't have the TM Toxic) in my SoulSilver.

I trained a sweeper Starmie in several games. Good speed, SpAtt and it can learn lots of different move type (Electric, Ice, Water, Psychic were some of the attack types I made them learn). Fun.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Oni-Link

My first shiny was a Cacnea.
Oh Cacnea, how I wish I caught you.

Roz~

Oni-Link

Nana1Popo2

^ woah, thats a pretty good drawing of a pidgey...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Oni-Link

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SlowPokemon

Can't remember what my FIRST shiny was, but I know I had a shiny Articuno in my LeafGreen (completely coincidental) and I FOUND a shiny Tentacool that refused to be captured. Also had a shiny Rattata in a different file. LeafGreen was the only game I caught a shiny in, but I was given the choice of a shiny orange Aron in the Slateport Battle Tent. It made me mad.

My brother has had bad luck with them. He found a Voltorb with a blue top in his Sapphire with no Poke Balls, and recently in his HeartGold he found a golden Pidgey on his way to Mr. Pokemon's house. He hadn't received his Poke Balls xD.

My old neighbor found a gray Slugma in his Emerald and a gold Pidgey in his Leafgreen. Maybe the DS generations are bad with me for shiny Pokemon. Lol.

Cobraroll

My first shiny was a Pidgeotto, in FireRed. Coincidentally, my second was a Staravia in Pearl.

I've also got a Kricketune and a Starly in Pearl, and a Lotad in Emerald.

And I've clocked a little over 1000 hours in all my Pokémon games in total.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

My first Pokemon game (Ruby) has over 400 hours by itself.
Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Silver pretty much WERE my childhood.
I love those games.

Ruto

I guess I don't play nearly as much as you guys after all :D

Ruby had about 300 hours, 1 shiny Loudred. Leafgreen had about 280, no shinies ever. All the later games were clocked at 100 hours or less.

I've heard my share of bad stories about shinies, some appearing in the RS safari zone, the battle pyramid (E)..lol. After that I didn't want to play battle frontier anymore.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Anyway, to any of y'all in my area, the Pokemon championships are coming to the Gwinett Center near Atlanta, Georgia.

I wanna go really bad.

Roz~

I wish there was something like that here. I'd love to participate in one of those.