Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 22, 2010, 07:49:44 AMNo. Cooler are in SoulSilver.
Teddiursa, Skarmory, Vulpix, admittedly Ledyba and Beedrill, and LUGIA and GROUDON.

Though apparently some people like Ho-Oh and Kyogre. :P Go figure.
I like Kyogre, but I'm not really a fan of Ho-Oh.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 22, 2010, 07:49:44 AMNo. Cooler are in SoulSilver.
Teddiursa, Skarmory, Vulpix, admittedly Ledyba and Beedrill, and LUGIA and GROUDON.

Though apparently some people like Ho-Oh and Kyogre. :P Go figure.

Nonsense.
Donphan > Ursaring
Arcanine > Ninetales
Ariados > Ledian
Gliscor > Skarmory
Kyogre > Groudon
Oh, and you can get Lugia and Beedril in HG, so it doesn't matter.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Roz~ on May 22, 2010, 01:25:58 PMNonsense.
Donphan > Ursaring
Arcanine > Ninetales
Ariados > Ledian
Gliscor > Skarmory
Kyogre > Groudon
I second this, except:
Arcanine ≥ Ninetales
I like Ninetales. It's a cute Pokemon.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on May 22, 2010, 09:25:58 PM
Nonsense.
Donphan > Ursaring
Arcanine > Ninetales
Ariados > Ledian
Gliscor > Skarmory
Kyogre > Groudon

...Okay, Donphan and Ursaring are both beast. Ninetales I love. Ariados is far better than Ledian, agreed. Skarmory and Groudon>>>>> Gliscor and Kyogre.

Aah, forget it, I don't really want to get in a fight over this. Not really worth it.

Let's face it... you can't post anything about Pokemon without having someone disagree with you. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 22, 2010, 07:15:13 PMAah, forget it, I don't really want to get in a fight over this. Not really worth it.

Let's face it... you can't post anything about Pokemon without having someone disagree with you. :P

I didn't want to get in a fight either, I just wanted to realize what you just said. ;o

Nana1Popo2

speaking of skarmorys.... im looking for one :o anyone wanna trade?...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

SlowPokemon

So what's everybody's teams for HGSS?
Y'all are going to think mine sucks:
SoulSilver:
Meganium, Ampharos, Slowking, Heracross, Ninetales, and Dragonite. :P

Used to have Pidgeot, but I swapped it for Dragonite. Now it just sits in my PC. T.T

...I feel bad for it.

Roz~

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on May 22, 2010, 09:56:18 PMspeaking of skarmorys.... im looking for one :o anyone wanna trade?...

I could give you one if you'd like. I have one sitting in my PC and never used it, except for fly. It just came out of an egg, so it's only level 1 though. You can either PM me or answer here! :)
Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 23, 2010, 08:26:50 AMSo what's everybody's teams for HGSS?
Y'all are going to think mine sucks:
SoulSilver:
Meganium, Ampharos, Slowking, Heracross, Ninetales, and Dragonite. :P

Used to have Pidgeot, but I swapped it for Dragonite. Now it just sits in my PC. T.T

...I feel bad for it.

My team consists of Typhlosion, Ampharos, Gengar, Victreebel, Nidoking and Poliwrath in HG. And I don't think your team sucks.

KefkaticFanatic

Pidgeot is crap anyway, but you should use a Scizor instead of a Heracross.  It's much better.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Scizor is waaaay overused. Heracross is much better. With a superb attack stat and a moveset of Strength, Aerial Ace, Megahorn, and Close Combat, plus the Guts ability, I have to say I really like it.

Nana1Popo2

*sigh... so the Name Rater likes the name of one of my pokemon, but i dont, and want it changed. anyway that it can be done?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Roz~

If it doesn't work, it's because you received the Pokemon in a trade. If it doesn't have your OT, you can't change it's name.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 23, 2010, 12:48:55 PMScizor is waaaay overused. Heracross is much better. With a superb attack stat and a moveset of Strength, Aerial Ace, Megahorn, and Close Combat, plus the Guts ability, I have to say I really like it.
It's used more because it's better.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 23, 2010, 12:48:55 PMScizor is waaaay overused. Heracross is much better. With a superb attack stat and a moveset of Strength, Aerial Ace, Megahorn, and Close Combat, plus the Guts ability, I have to say I really like it.

At least change Strength and Aerial Ace for Stone Edge and Night Slash. And Scizor's attack stat is slightly better than Heracross's one just so you know. Plus, if Scizor has technician, with good moves it is stronger than Heracross. And let's not forget the typing of these two Pokemon : Scizor's only weakness is Fire, and it has numerous resistances, compared to Heracross, who has 3 weaknesses, Fire/Flying/Psychic, and has less resistances than Scizor.