News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 10, 2010, 10:32:51 PMLuckily, I have a tri-wing screwdriver :)
Um, the old gbc games use a "gamebit" screw.

Ruto

Quote from: Roz~ on May 11, 2010, 03:33:06 PMYes, that's what I meant. As Dude said, the internal battery died. But it's actually pretty easy to change your game's battery, so you might want to try. Now my old gold's brand new :D

And I think GS graphics were and still are pretty badass. I grew up with the snes, so I just love them. Imho they are a lot better than the RSE ones. Just because it had improved so much since RBY made me love them... finally the Pokemon looked cool! (At least to me.) And yeah, I agree that yellow was a pretty good game. I loved the fact that I could have the same team as Ash without having to trade with friends.

There was a nice soft quality to them. RSE's color palette was like a green and pink explosion. More like emerald green and mauve, aka the best way to ruin both green and pink...ergh.  The font was the worst in the series but at least they took care of the excessive spacing.

In addition to having Ash's team, I liked Pikachu following you and that little Pikachu window, Team Rocket, stuff based on the show, a lot of the Pokemon graphics. Oh the memories. It was my second Pokemon game :)

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Dude on May 11, 2010, 03:46:40 PMUm, the old gbc games use a "gamebit" screw.

...right.

Well I don't own any GB or GBC cartridges anymore so I couldn't check :P

Pretty sure we have something to open it somewhere though.

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dude

dahans

Yeah it does, what is that supposed to be?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Dude

dahans

raymondbl

Quote from: dahans on May 15, 2010, 04:09:59 PMOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thx :D

isn't it obvious from the last posts that that was what it was?

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

dahans

Quote from: raymondbl on May 16, 2010, 10:37:17 AMisn't it obvious from the last posts that that was what it was?

sorry I am not familiar with the english terminology. it was not obvious for me...

Dude

Don't feel stupid dahans, most americans are oblivious to what it's like knowing 2 different languages.

universe-X

Dude

dahans

Quote from: Dude on May 16, 2010, 02:57:21 PMGood enough :P
Yep, it was.

Quote from: Dude on May 16, 2010, 02:41:41 PMDon't feel stupid dahans, most americans are oblivious to what it's like knowing 2 different languages.

No I do not feel stupid, raymondbl's comment was just a bit superfluous... I'd really want him to speak German with me. Or even Spanish? Latin? What do you prefer raymondbl? Can you show me a Sechskantschraubendreher without googling? Would you be so kind?

However Pokemon HG and SS are great games! :D