Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

His dewgong would use rest, id get it down to one health, it would wake up and use rest immediately.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

FOREVER

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Roz~

Oh yeah, this was annoying... but I just used my Ampharos to kick its ass.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

HugoMeister

Nintendude73

Don't put your Pokewalker in the washing machine!  Any steps gained are counteracted by the fact that the Pokewalker will no longer work afterward. :P

Taser9090

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on March 24, 2010, 05:45:30 AMmy pokemon are good, ive been able to get to Lance's Charizard... but now that im back in school im too busy to play... maybe the weekend.. I started with Totodile :P and where do you get so many max revives?
I traded all my Pokemon, including some rare items, from my Pearl to SoulSilver (Took about 3 hours). I only use my items, not my old Pokemon.

Quote from: Nintendude73 on March 24, 2010, 06:03:06 PMDon't put your Pokewalker in the washing machine!  Any steps gained are counteracted by the fact that the Pokewalker will no longer work afterward. :P
Right. Put it on top of the washing machine!

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Dude

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 24, 2010, 10:30:19 AMCyndaquil, and I just beat fucking Whitney and her fucking Miltank.

Fuck her.
I beat her on my first try ;D

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Roz~ on March 24, 2010, 03:34:03 PMHow come you could play during Biology class? xD

haha, we have one really awesome substitute teacher at the school who gives us the teacher's instructions (but makes them really easy), in this case, all there was was a movie, which we didnt have to take notes on........ so, the teacher just talks with us, and shes really nice. so i just whipped out my DS and beat the Elite Four, lol; seeing as I wouldve just talked the entire time...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

dahans

Quote from: Cobraroll on March 24, 2010, 01:25:16 AMWith so many PokéFans on this site, it's strange that Emergence hasn't got more readers. You find the link in my signature. It may look like a lot of text (it is!), but take one chapter at a time, and you'll be all right) [/plug]

Also, per dahans. It won't be released until the 26th here. I wonder if I should buy it, really. I've always been a fan of the Pokémon games, but the only DS we own in this house is my brother's, where the touch screen is almost broken (silly sod used a pen once, when he couldn't find the stylus. Really a good idea when playing a game where you have to rub the screen as fast as possible).

Also, the price in Norwegian stores is equivalent to £60, or about $100.
Wtf???
100$? In austria it's much cheaper. You have to pay 45â,¬ or about 60-70$.  Which is absolutely OK. Believe me Erlend, this game will be/is worth buying.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Dude on March 24, 2010, 07:26:04 PMI beat her on my first try ;D
1st move: attract, which when used by AI has a 99% chance of making you not attack.
2-5 move: stomp, which has a 99% chance of making you flinch when being used by AI (YEAH FUCKING 3 FLINCHES IN A ROW)
6-7 move: Rollout, attract stops any attack from going through
After 2 rollouts in a row, GG.

me irl
[close]

Taser9090

The gym leaders were easy. Except for Clair and Lance. I had no dragon or ice moves, and they kept using their potions.
Whitney just keeps making her miltank suck her breasts all day, which made it harder for me. It was a fun challenge though.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Roz~

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on March 24, 2010, 07:28:54 PMhaha, we have one really awesome substitute teacher at the school who gives us the teacher's instructions (but makes them really easy), in this case, all there was was a movie, which we didnt have to take notes on........ so, the teacher just talks with us, and shes really nice. so i just whipped out my DS and beat the Elite Four, lol; seeing as I wouldve just talked the entire time...

Wow, that's really nice. I wish I had teachers like that x)

Oh, and I hate Clair's Kingdra. QQ

Nintendude73

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 25, 2010, 12:32:27 AM1st move: attract, which when used by AI has a 99% chance of making you not attack.
2-5 move: stomp, which has a 99% chance of making you flinch when being used by AI (YEAH FUCKING 3 FLINCHES IN A ROW)
6-7 move: Rollout, attract stops any attack from going through
After 2 rollouts in a row, GG.
I had the same problem, that bitch.  I might have fixed it if I'd switched to a female Pokemon, but I don't think I had any good ones with me.  I still beat her on the first go, it just took forever.

Roz~

I used my Nidorino with double kick, but then again it wasn't that powerful against her. Hopefully I was lucky with the Attract thing, Nidorino managed to attack almost every turn.

Oh, and I managed to beat that goddamned Kindra with my Gengar. Clair's probably as annoying as Withney; if not then she's right after her.

Cobraroll

That Miltank... has to be one of the most annoying foes you meet in any Pokémon game, ever.

Or perhaps that Lucy and her super-annoying combo of Milotic, Shuckle and Seviper.

Either way, Taunt stops her flat, as do Safeguard or Substitute, but to a lesser extent. Then use whatever Fight attack you have on hand.

As for Clair's Kingdra... Try to use your strongest attack. Kingdra may have few weaknesses (only one, in fact), but it's not resistant to anything but Water, Steel and Fire either. Which means that everything else will hit for neutral damage. Go for STAB.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

HugoMeister

Misty's Starmie in RBY still scares me. This thing will eat you if given the chance, of course, blasting you with bubblebeam until you drowned.