News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Im not a fan either... Cressalia was pretty cool... Shaymin was cool, too! Heatran and any Regi was just ugly

Cobraroll

Ho-oh is definitely the king of the legendaries. Most people keep saying there are just 4 legendaries, plus one semi-legendary (Mewtwo, which was artificial and therefore not subject to any legends - yet), but I think the correct number is 10. The Gen. II Pokémon should have the same status as the Gen. I ones, as they were designed at the same time. Game Freak had Gen. II in mind even before they released Gen. I.

As for later ones, I like Rayquaza, Dialga and Giratina. Though, I'm not too fond of any legendaries from Gen. IV. Hopefully, they'll stick to three legendaries in Gen. V (though, it's more likely to be closer to thirty than three).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Hahaha... you can be funny, cobraroll...

Anyway, I didn't like Rayquaza all that much for the same reason I didn't like Dialga or Palkia that much - he was kind of robotic.

Cobraroll

I had my first loss in SoulSilver today. It was against a friend of mine in the Battle House. His Gyarados 5-0'd my team, until I managed to (barely) defeat it with my Crobat. We found out later that he had transferred his Pokémon from an M3 card... with two cheats activated. "Bypass 512 EV" and "Perfect IV". Turned out his EVs were maxed in ALL stats, with perfect IVs. Before we found out, we had traded, so now I have one incredibly dangerous (read: boring) Latios and an equally dangerous (boring) Registeel. I'll probably still train them, though. But if I ever receive more Pokémon from him, I'll make sure the EV cheat is disabled. It's no fun otherwise.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Offkey

Meh, gotta beat Red in HeartGold now, is there any other way to train for this than just repeating the league over and over? Afaik the second wave of gymleaders has lower levels than the elite 4...
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

Roz~

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 01, 2010, 07:16:19 AMI had my first loss in SoulSilver today. It was against a friend of mine in the Battle House. His Gyarados 5-0'd my team, until I managed to (barely) defeat it with my Crobat. We found out later that he had transferred his Pokémon from an M3 card... with two cheats activated. "Bypass 512 EV" and "Perfect IV". Turned out his EVs were maxed in ALL stats, with perfect IVs. Before we found out, we had traded, so now I have one incredibly dangerous (read: boring) Latios and an equally dangerous (boring) Registeel. I'll probably still train them, though. But if I ever receive more Pokémon from him, I'll make sure the EV cheat is disabled. It's no fun otherwise.

You should just release them. Hacked 'mons suck.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

It kinda takes away the fun of raising.

Hum hum hum.

DrP

Quote from: Offkey on August 01, 2010, 07:57:30 AMMeh, gotta beat Red in HeartGold now, is there any other way to train for this than just repeating the league over and over? Afaik the second wave of gymleaders has lower levels than the elite 4...

Some leaders have Lv 62, 63 and 64 Pokémon. Blue's Pidgeot (i think) is level 72

SlowPokemon

Lt. Surge is the weakest I believe, or maybe Falkner, and Claire and Blue are pretty strong. :P

DrP

Jasmine's Steelix is Level 62, Claire's highest is Lv 60 and Blue's lowest is Lv 67. Misty has two Pokémon at Lv 60 and Blaine's Magmortar is Lv 62

SlowPokemon

Aaah, whatever. :P Haven't faced them in a long time.

DrP

I'm going to on my long drive... maybe get strong enough to beat the Elite Four (it's because the only Pokémon in my party that knows Ice Beam... is Dragonite)

SlowPokemon

That's not a bad move, actually... Just don't teach it Draco Meteor. :P