News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I'm winning every event with my Dragonite. :)

I think there's some sort of reward for that. Maybe.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

my lips are sealed! My Dragonite is pretty awesome... i think I have a perfect team in mind!

SlowPokemon

Cool! All my Pokemon are level 70 - Dragonite, Meganium, Heracross, Ampharos, Slowking, and Ninetales - goes for a pretty beast team on Battle Revolution. :)

DrP

... and on HG, too!

Just swap out Typhlosion for Meganium, Alakazam for Slowking, Snorlax for Heracross, and Staraptor for Ninetales, you got my team! (though im trying to find a suitable replacement for Starraptor)

SlowPokemon

Staraptor kind of sucks... I have yet to find a really good Normal/Flying Pokemon.

Especially since you already have a Flying-type... Get a Steelix. I took your advice and used one in HeartGold, and they give you incredible resistance. Plus their defense is great.

Roz~

Actually Staraptor is probably the best normal/flying out there. It has an incredible atk stat, plus it has great speed. Pidgeot as overall good stats, and Swellow has 125 speed stat, but the rest, except atk, kinda sucks. Anyway, I personally think that normal/flying sucks, so I just use a Skarmory instead. :P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on July 26, 2010, 08:18:08 AMActually Staraptor is probably the best normal/flying out there. It has an incredible atk stat, plus it has great speed. Pidgeot as overall good stats, and Swellow has 125 speed stat, but the rest, except atk, kinda sucks. Anyway, I personally think that normal/flying sucks, so I just use a Skarmory instead. :P

I agree with everything you said. :)

Staraptor is the "general" Flying-type for the Sinnoh region, like Pidgeot, Swellow, and Noctowl. I get so bored of using Swellow that I always use a Skarmory or an Altaria in Hoenn. :P

Pidgey I can live with in FireRed/LeafGreen, but now that it doesn't learn Wing Attack till way late, it's not that great.

Staraptor is a simple choice, good during the game but relatively horrible for Battle Frontier/competitive battling.

Roz~

Skarmory > All. <3
Staraptor is considered a BL pokemon, and can be useful in competitive battling, depending on what tier you play of course, although I've seen teams with a Staraptor fare well in the OU tier. I guess it depends on how you use it.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm not really a fan though. :P

I'm gonna go on the battle frontier soon, I think.

Roz~

I don't really like it either.
And I should try the Battle Frontier at least once, so I guess I'll do that later today too.

SlowPokemon

Oni-Link

I'm doing pretty good on the Battle Frontier with my TTar, Jolteon, and Salamance.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 26, 2010, 08:28:05 AMI agree with everything you said. :)

Staraptor is the "general" Flying-type for the Sinnoh region, like Pidgeot, Swellow, and Noctowl. I get so bored of using Swellow that I always use a Skarmory or an Altaria in Hoenn. :P

That was a great idea you brought up (see bolded part). Staraptor is probably the best out of the four "general" bird Pokémon, not to mention Brave Bird is an awesome move!

...and why do I miss all the good conversations in the morning?
I think I may switch out Ampharos... I have yet to decide.

I do need to go catch a larvaitar in Mt. Silver. I think I'll let my Aprijuice "blend" and get a little stronger so I can face Clair and Lance

SlowPokemon

DrP

I've heard good things about Tyranitar... just need to train it well!