Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

That early? That's amaziing! Can't wait to play the game. :D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Roz~

Well Pokémon Platinum was released on September 13, 2008 in Japan, and was released on March 23, 2009 here. I think we can expect the same delay for HG/SS.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

dahans

That sounds great! I think the game will be released later in Europe.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

HugoMeister

Yeah I saw that a few days ago on the nintendo site. I lol'd, seeing as its Pi Day.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

dahans

Roz~

That's nice, you guys will have it early too. Can't wait to buy it, gold is my favorite version  :D

dahans

Roz~

Yeah, Gold/Silver/Crystal really are the best Pokémon games ever.

dahans

Cobraroll

^If so, then I have bad news for you. The head coordinator of the Pokémon franchose stated in an interview that they're going to repeat the Pokémon formula until it simply isn't profitable any more. I must say, I love Pokémon, but I hate this mentality. Releasing almost identical games, only with updated graphics and more Pokémon, every few years, rinse and repeat. New kids jump into the franchise, grow out of it, and yet more jump into it, not realising that it's all been done several times before. And as long as Pokémon continues to be as popular as it after all is today, I think we can look forward to Pokémon counts well up in the thousands, and two-digit generation numbers (when using regular numbers, at least).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Roz~

I agree with you. It's only the fourth generation of Pokémon, and in my opinion they don't look like Pokémon anymore. As Cobraroll said, the games are all the same, except for the new Pokémon and the gyms whose type changes. They should try to add more fresh things into the franchise. They could at least change the storyline, since it's really getting old and it's always the same. I'm pretty sure it won't happen though.

dahans

However, we can't restrain Nintendo from doing that...

KefkaticFanatic

As they stated, if it keeps selling like hotcakes, why stop?

me irl
[close]

Roz~

I totally understand that, of course, if they make money with that, they shouldn't stop. But sometimes listening to fans wouldn't be too bad either.