Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

you still need a pokemon that can fly! The Hoothoot/Noctowl is a great choice! Otherwise go with a Pidgey!

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 15, 2010, 06:46:18 PMYup.

Beat the first gym leader... And I got my egg... and it was about to hatch... so I saved (would restart if it had the wrong ability)... so it hatched... so it had the wrong ability... and calm nature... and good endurance... so I restarted... SAME FRICKIN' STUFF. T.T I didn't know all that stuff was predetermined in the egg...

So I'm probably going to train Blissey now. :P

SIGH...

My team: Gastly Lv15, Totodile Lv14.

Soon-to-be Chansey...

Unless anyone has a better idea. (Soon)

Haha yeah, you should have saved before you received the egg, though having it hatch a numerous amount of time just to get a good nature and the right ability, considering you don't use any AR codes... would've been long, even though you like breeding :P

And if you really need a flying type, I'd suggest Skarmory. It can spikes, it's bulky... of course it's more of a defensive Pokemon, but it still has a decent attack stat imho, so it would be a nice addition to your future team, from what I've seen. Don't feel like thinking hard about it right now. x)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Slowpokemon, you need a "ground" based pokemon in your party (ground, rock, flying, fighting, normal)

Oh, and guess who beat Lance with Pokémon under Lv 48! (and my Lv 46 Ampheros beat Lances Lv 50 Dragonite!)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 15, 2010, 08:03:21 PMSlowpokemon, you need a "ground" based pokemon in your party (ground, rock, flying, fighting, normal)

Oh, and guess who beat Lance with Pokémon under Lv 48! (and my Lv 46 Ampheros beat Lances Lv 50 Dragonite!)

First of all, call me Slow xD

Secondly... I was considering training a Geodude. But I decided against it.

And thirdly... I can't find Skarmory in HeartGold, can I? Or is that in SoulSilver?*

And fourthly... Level 48? I went INTO the Pokemon League level 40, everyone! I beat Lance with a team from levels 40-42! I was extremely weak!

*EDIT: Nope, no Skarmory in HeartGold... Gligar though. I don't know if Gligar can Fly...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 16, 2010, 06:57:21 AMFirst of all, call me Slow xD

Secondly... I was considering training a Geodude. But I decided against it.

And thirdly... I can't find Skarmory in HeartGold, can I? Or is that in SoulSilver?*

And fourthly... Level 48? I went INTO the Pokemon League level 40, everyone! I beat Lance with a team from levels 40-42! I was extremely weak!

*EDIT: Nope, no Skarmory in HeartGold... Gligar though. I don't know if Gligar can Fly...

Well, arent you mr hot shot... and you probably used like 1,000,000,000 full restores and revives. My Typhlosion was at Lv 48, Ampharos at Lv 46 and everyone else at Lv 42-44.

Also, Gligar cant fly, but you need some flying type that can! You can get that free Spearow in Goldenrod, or catch a Farfetch'd west of Ecruteak, or somehow get a Murkrow

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 16, 2010, 10:28:31 AMWell, arent you mr hot shot... and you probably used like 1,000,000,000 full restores and revives. My Typhlosion was at Lv 48, Ampharos at Lv 46 and everyone else at Lv 42-44.

Also, Gligar cant fly, but you need some flying type that can! You can get that free Spearow in Goldenrod, or catch a Farfetch'd west of Ecruteak, or somehow get a Murkrow

Ooh... sorry, didn't mean to offend you xD
I like the Murkrow option, actually. That would leave me a choice to train a Normal-type Pokemon without feeling guilty that I already have one. Plus, Honchkrow is amazing.

Farfetch'd would be simple to train. :P

Choices, choices... Whatever.

DrP

no one offends me (unless you are of a certain political type), but people can make me mad!! haha

You can find Murkrow at the Safari Zone

Now I want to train one!!

SlowPokemon

Murkrow it is! Can't wait till then! So final team -
Feraligatr
Gengar
Magmar
Sunflora
Honchkrow
And then, either Alakazam, Mamoswine, or Gliscor.

Somebody make up my mind! ;)

DrP

Mamoswine!

Alakazam is great, but he is too similar to Gengar and Glisgor is similar to Murkrow... so if you wanna switch it up, take Mamoswine!

SlowPokemon

Okay! Let's take a look at the types I have resistance to (only listing one for each category)
Normal - Gengar
Fire - Feraligatr
Water - Sunflora
Grass - Magmar (probably going to be Magmortar)
Electric - Sunflora
Ice - Feraligatr
Fighting - Gengar
Poison - Gengar
Ground - Sunflora
Flying - Urk...
Psychic - Murkrow
Bug - Magmar
Rock - Uhm...
Ghost - Murkrow
Dragon - Aahh...
Dark - Murkrow
Steel - Magmar

Strong against (by type, not move) -
Normal - oonly if Feraligatr = Superpower
Fire - Feraligatr
Water - Sunflora
Grass - Magmar
Electric - Mamoswine
Ice - Magmar
Fighting - Murkrow
Poison - Mamoswine
Ground - Sunflora
Flying - Mamoswine
Psychic - Gengar
Bug - Magmar
Rock - Sunflora
Ghost - Murkrow
Dragon - Mamoswine
Dark - Again with the Superpower...
Steel - Magmar

Not bad matchups (sorry for the length of the post :P)

DrP

what you need then is a Steel Pokémon... Dragons have little effect on them, as well as rock and flying.

Might I suggest Siczor or you go back to Magneton, or a Steelix?

SlowPokemon

Nah, I'll live without one - I don't wanna give anybody up. And I would not train Scizor because its type combination gets rid of its resistance to flying and rock. ;)

DrP

right, the bug...

but you wont have to face in any major rock type battles! and you can KO them with Feraligatr's surf!

SlowPokemon

Incorrect! Feraligatr is not going to learn Surf because of its dreadful special atk stat (made even more dreadful with mine's nature). It may know a PHYSICAL water-type move... but not Surf...

So, yes, I won't have a Surf Pokemon.

DrP

Well the  Waterfall is gonna be a must for Feraligatr, but you have to teach one of your pokémon surf, maybe have one on the side like a Poliwag or a Gyrados, or something