News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Dominating the Battle Frontier with my new Pokemon!

Cobraroll

Xatu is out of the picture. Sub-par in every aspect, and an Electric Pokémon would sweep my team with ease.

I've used Gengar in every Pokémon game I've played. Perhaps Mismagius is an option, or Honchcrow. Piloswine/Mamoswine too, maybe.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

I forgot you could use Gen IV Pokémon... perhaps you could use a Gallade or Froslass!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 08, 2010, 01:23:04 PMXatu is out of the picture. Sub-par in every aspect, and an Electric Pokémon would sweep my team with ease.

I've used Gengar in every Pokémon game I've played. Perhaps Mismagius is an option, or Honchcrow. Piloswine/Mamoswine too, maybe.

All of those are great options but while Honchkrow is amazing, same problem with electric types.

I picked up my SoulSilver today! ^.^ I'm training that same Kirlia - level 29  now. So close to evolving!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 08, 2010, 04:01:08 AMMy current team:

Crobat
Fearow
Weepinbell
Typhlosion
Poliwhirl
(Furret - HM slave)

These were awesome when they all were little. I'm currently heading for Blackthorn Gym. When the time comes, I'll get Victreebel and Politoed, probably swap Fearow, and fill the last slot with something (suggestions?).

On a side note, I'm glad that Victreebel was buffed in this game. With Leaf Blade and Weather Ball, a Swords Dance set is viable again, with the last slot filled with Sleep Powder or something. Switch into something in the sun (preferrably after one of your Pokémon has been knocked out), use Sleep Powder before the enemy can attack (with Clorophyll, you'll outspeed everything), and Swords Dance as they switch out or stay in, asleep. Proceed to use Leaf Blade and Weather Ball as you please (in the sun, Weather Ball becomes a 100 Base Power Fire attack).

I love Victreebel.

I suggest using Skarmory instead of Fearow. Because it's a Steel-type, it can cover up every weaknesses your team can't at the moment, i.e psychic, dark, ghost, dragon, etc. You'd have one slot left, and your only weakness would be rock. But since you don't have any Electric-type pokemon, Magneton/Magnezone could be a good choice too. Magnezone would be better than Magneton obviously. You'd have every type covered, and you'd still have a slot left for a good lead, unless you already plan to use one of your team member as one.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

So, random question...
What's y'all's favorite and least favorite Battle Frontier facility? Typical, but mine's Battle Tower. The simplicity is very fun and easy to understand. My least favorite is the Battle Factory. Ugh.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 09, 2010, 01:45:39 PMSo, random question...
What's y'all's favorite and least favorite Battle Frontier facility? Typical, but mine's Battle Tower. The simplicity is very fun and easy to understand. My least favorite is the Battle Factory. Ugh.

Emerald: Battle Pike
Platinum: Battle Tower

SlowPokemon

I love the Battle Pike the best as well, but since this was in a Heartgold/Soulsilver topic... ;)

DrP

SlowPokemon

Definitely. I'm just messin' with you...
In Emerald, Battle Pike=1, and probably Battle Tent=2. The tourney thing is pretty darn fun.

DrP

the Battle Tent was pretty amazing... I personally love the Emerald Battle Frontier over the Gen IV one... I just dont want to restart my Emerald just yet... I got the Chikorita from Prof Elm, though!!!

SlowPokemon

That's not such a big accomplishment unless you mean Professor Birch. ;)

DrP

yep... forgot... it was professor birch (which is probably the coolest professor in the anime... but they are all cool)

SlowPokemon

Professor Oak just has this aura of coolness about him... Professor Elm is that absentminded guy we all know (or are)... Professor Birch is that guy who loves his job, maybe a workaholic...and Professor Rowan is that tall, scary guy who turns out to be nice.

The new professor is a woman. :P

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 09, 2010, 02:14:27 PMProfessor Oak just has this aura of coolness about him... Professor Elm is that absentminded guy we all know (or are)... Professor Birch is that guy who loves his job, maybe a workaholic...and Professor Rowan is that tall, scary guy who turns out to be nice.

The new professor is a woman. :P

Yep, I wonder what her name is gonna be (I'm predicting Professor Magnolia or Professor Maple)... and surpisingly a Rowan is my favorite tree (and this was before we knew he was called Prof Rowan)... eh, I like all those trees (oaks, elms, birches...etc)