Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Taser9090 on April 08, 2010, 02:54:14 PMSince they decided to remake Gold and Silver, they also wanted to remake Pokemon Pikachu 2.

also, in my opinion, since you can walk with your pokemon in the game, they decided, why not in the real world too?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

universe-X

dahans

The game is.... OK. After the pokemon league it's really boring, because there is no story line or hardly any tasks you have to fulfill...
However, my pokemons are level 45-47 and the pokemons of my opponent are usually 8 levels higher xD.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Taser9090

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on April 08, 2010, 04:48:16 PMalso, in my opinion, since you can walk with your pokemon in the game, they decided, why not in the real world too?
Yes, that was I was thinking.

The game got boring right after I got the GB Player. I don't want to train my Pokemon (who don't really have good stats) up to level 80. That's about double the levels when you beat all the gyms :/

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Cobraroll

^Get the National Pokédex and try to beat the Elite Four over again. Your levels should go "whoosh" way into the far 90s.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Taser9090

I don't want to use my max revives... I suck at the elite four :/

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Ruto

Buy some Revival Herbs at the Goldenrod underground. A must have since they were introduced and worked like the description!

I remember way back that they used to work just like regular revives, where they only recover 1/2 your HP.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 12, 2010, 09:20:29 PMBut they make your pokemans not like you :(

I wouldn't worry about that. If I need to revive a Pokemon and recover all their health in single turn, I'll do it.

Also, my Pokemon seemed just as friendly after the battles :D

KefkaticFanatic

Yeh, I had to burn off a max revive on damn Clair's Kingdra.  Such a bitch.  Finally beat her with Golem on her last Dragonair (the one without Aqua Tail) and the rest of my party fainted.

me irl
[close]

Taser9090

I'll probably clone some sacred ash when I battle Red and the Elite Four...

KefkaticFanatic

Fuck yea, after about 46 hours Elite Four is down.

Team:
Gengar
Alakazam
Tysplosion (sp)
Golem
Dragonair
Scyther

Too lazy to list levels, they were from 39-43

me irl
[close]

Ruto

Ohhh nice team. I was forced by a sibling to start with Totodile but I really missed having a Typhlosion

I had

Feraligatr
Ho-Oh
Gengar
Graveler
Ampharos

levels 40-46

and a level 29 Growlithe for the lolz. I think I used 8 Revival Herbs for Lance and Karen XD. Can't wait to EV train everyone.

You've got a great team though, but what happened to Ho-Oh/Lugia?

KefkaticFanatic

I tried 3 times to capture it, all times it eventually used struggle and KO'd itself.  Ragequit and just KO'd it so I can get it later.  I didn't want to take the easy way out and use a legendary :P

Also, that fucking Aerodactyl was a BITCH.  Until I figured out it gets raped by rock throw.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

XD

I remember the days of the old GS when it took me 2 hours to catch Lugia. But I did it! Yeah, I was a kid then, but they didn't have Timer Balls, False Swipe as a TM or Pokemon abilities. This time it took a while because I was trying to get a Ho-Oh with a good nature and IV.

I think Dragonite was worse! Not as bad as Milotic, Garchomp, Lucario, Houndoom...but still annoying. Aerodactyl just got creamed by Ampharos lol. I'm going to try to beat Red soon, but I don't know what to with my team. I need Rock Climb to get to him but I don't want to change my movelists or leave behind someone. :/