News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Pokémon Gold and Silver returns - for the DS

Started by Cobraroll, May 08, 2009, 03:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

I did a Charizard only game a couple of weeks ago, I still remember that battle. I had to level up my charmeleon to lvl 33, because then it'd learn Slash. Since it does a lot of crit, I managed to win. But even with a "normal team", I'd have a lot of trouble.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Seeker

This is a signature.

Roz~

Even if you had Pikachu, if it wasn't ~level 25 you'd have a lot of trouble. Stupid X-Defend. Q_Q

Seeker

Really? I thought I remembered blasting through there with ease.

Also, wouldn't X Defend be completely unhelpful against 'special' attacks, or do I understand this wrong?
This is a signature.

Roz~

Her Starmie was strong, too strong. I remember having trouble with Pikachu too. And yeah, the X Defend was probable not affecting special, but it still was annoying.

Ruto

I always used Oddish or Bellsprout. Their attacks aren't as good as Pikachu's but they take less damage.

(Beat HG today, wooo...I only had 5 pokemon and they were in their 40s. Stopped trying, I suppose.)

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Bah, just beating the Elite Four doesn't count, there's still half a game left!

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Yeah, but Kanto was definitely shrunk a little bit. The routes are much shorter than I remember.

Also, I hate the fact that you can't fly directly between Johto and Kanto. You have to stop at Victory Road every single time.

Ruto

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 02, 2010, 07:20:20 AMBah, just beating the Elite Four doesn't count, there's still half a game left!

Ya I know. That's why the second generation games were so much fun XD

Can't wait to see everything else and catch the infinitely more awesome Lugia.  And the Gym Leaders are going to fall like dominoes after the **** Lance and Houndoom put me through, lol. Houndoom's Nasty Plot 3x and a missed Aqua Tail nearly cost me the battle.

@SirIngusBingus

I remember when Silver was first released and you couldn't even fly to Johto from Victory Road.  You were trapped there until you fixed the train (or could wait for the boat, or take the super long Victory Road route). That was the worst thing ever.

Nana1Popo2

*sigh... just found out you cant catch a Houndour or Houndoom in the game.... they have to be traded... :/
that was gonna be my fire type/dark type... i guess i will have to trade it from Diamond.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Ruto

Serebii says Houndour can be caught in the Safari Zone.  Needs 4 Forest blocks, whatever that is.  Otherwise, it has a 5% appearance rate, so I would trade it anyway.

PseudoMario16

got SS!!! the game is sooo much fun!! better than the originals in my opinion. but...im a little confused as to what possesed them to create this "pokewalker" thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Cobraroll

^Search for statistics on the average BMI of children in the Western world the past few years, and... well, you get the point. Basically, they want kids to go out more and be more active. Or specifically, they want it to look like they want kids to become healthier, because a "healthy" profile sells like there's no tomorrow.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

Taser9090

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on April 07, 2010, 05:53:03 PMgot SS!!! the game is sooo much fun!! better than the originals in my opinion. but...im a little confused as to what possesed them to create this "pokewalker" thing.
Since they decided to remake Gold and Silver, they also wanted to remake Pokemon Pikachu 2.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover