News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

School...

Started by dahans, May 06, 2009, 10:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekGeek

People can choose between roughly three kinds of education:
VMBO: worst education for the stupid people (4 years)
HAVO: mediocre education for the less stupid people (5 years)
VWO: best education for people who want to look like they're not stupid (6 years)

dahans

And you have chosen the VWO, am I right? :)
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

GreekGeek

Yeah, actually Gymnasium, which is a harder specie of VWO and where you have to learn the Ancient Languages.

dahans

Latin and greek? I am learning Latin myself and I am fascinated. I love to translate Ovid (ars amatoria, amores, metamorphoses) and Vergil. It's amazing.

GreekGeek

Latin and Greek indeed. Ovid's metamorphoses are quite dull, I'm sorry. We're readin' Vergil at the moment and the Aenaies are great. The Iliad is ten times better though.

SirIngusBingus

The oldest language my high school offers is Italian.

...But I love Italian  ;D

GreekGeek

I studied some Italian as well.
Latin is nicer though in my opinion.

SirIngusBingus

Italian has more flow than Latin. But I still wish I could take Latin at my school...

GreekGeek

Correct.
But Italian grammar is built this way that it's an exception if a word isn't an exception, isn't it?

SirIngusBingus

No, most of Italian is very regular. More than I expected, actually.

GreekGeek

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on May 18, 2009, 12:32:49 PMNo, most of Italian is very regular. More than I expected, actually.
Okay. Then my Grammar book was unnecessarily difficult.

dahans

you think Ovid is dull? OK might be. I really would like be able to translate in greek. Ilias must be great.

GreekGeek

Quote from: dahans on May 18, 2009, 01:10:22 PMyou think Ovid is dull? OK might be. I really would like be able to translate in greek. Ilias must be great.

Well his stories are interesting, but we've had to read some much of him that it gets kinda dull.
And Greek is far more fun than Latin.

dahans

It was great if my school would offer greek. 20 years ago they did. And 20 years ago we had to translate from german into greek/latin. That must have been difficult...

GreekGeek

I love to translate stories English -> Greek (which is extra hard since my english is bad)