News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

I have a request

Started by Zintendo, May 06, 2009, 03:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zintendo

for that guy with the wizard icon to make a sheetmusic adder for the website.  I know you say your busy, but I also know that means you dont want to do it.  just do it, please?  you would make a lot of people happy, start that up again this weekend.  hell you know what ill buy you a virtual console game i just want to see new sheet music so i can play some different stuff.   

-Thank you JaMaHa

p.s. im lazy too

SirIngusBingus

...This thread is pointless. Don't you think that if, at any point in the last 9 months, JaMaHa was able to get the upload script working, he would have? We all want to be able to update again, but we can't. We just have to be patient. I'm confident old Jammy will get it done eventually. Until then, we'll just have to wait, and do whatever we can.

Anyway, this thread could probably do with a good lock.

Brassman388

Who the hell do you think you are? You first come here thinking that everyone is completely useless, thinking that no one is doing anything to try and impoving the site whatsoever. Then you come back, grovelling to jamaha about how "wrong" you were, asking for his forgiveness. Now you come back again with this shit, supposedly "requesting" him to make the uploading script. You need to find something more providing to do rather than bug us at this site. Hell, why don't you go and make your own site and see how hard it is. Or even to see if it becomes as well known as NSM. I dare ya. So honestly, shut the hell up. I'm tired of reading these pathetic threads that you keep making. Anymore questions?

GreekGeek

Quote from: Zintendo on May 06, 2009, 03:18:27 PMfor that guy with the wizard icon to make a sheetmusic adder for the website.  I know you say your busy, but I also know that means you dont want to do it.  just do it, please?  you would make a lot of people happy, start that up again this weekend.  hell you know what ill buy you a virtual console game i just want to see new sheet music so i can play some different stuff.   

-Thank you JaMaHa

p.s. im lazy too

You must have guts to talk to this forum like that. If you'd looked at this forum a little better, you had seen that there has been soooo many requests for a sheetmusic adder as you call it. I'm not gonna say it as harsh (but rightful) as Brass, but he's right.

Do it yourself if you think it's that easy.

And shut up indeed.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Brassman388 on May 06, 2009, 08:05:19 PMWho the hell do you think you are? You first come here thinking that everyone is completely useless, thinking that no one is doing anything to try and impoving the site whatsoever. Then you come back, grovelling to jamaha about how "wrong" you were, asking for his forgiveness. Now you come back again with this shit, supposedly "requesting" him to make the uploading script. You need to find something more providing to do rather than bug us at this site. Hell, why don't you go and make your own site and see how hard it is. Or even to see if it becomes as well known as NSM. I dare ya. So honestly, shut the hell up. I'm tired of reading these pathetic threads that you keep making. Anymore questions?

I was going to yell like that, but I decided to mellow down a bit. I'm glad Brassman wasn't quite so kind.

Dude

Zintendo

I'm so fucking sick of everyones hate.  its been almost a year now, Yes I know very damn well JaMaHa did a FANTASTIC job on this website, but now that it is missing a uploading script thing, no more new sheets :'(.

A simple request, and all this hate starts pouring on me.  what the hell.  If he cant get it done then so be it, jedi.  But I know you can JaMaHa and you dont want to because its been awhile.  get some help from some source youtube wikipedia books tutorials something get someone else to do it, all i know is if you keep this up 2 years will pass, then guess what 3 years pass, omg 5 years pass then The best Nintendo-Sheet music starts to fall. 

JaMaHa i have paypal account i can give you money to pay another professional scripter guy if that is what is just absolutely has to come down to.  I know i sound like a dick when i say this, but 9 months man i think you have been putting this off.  school is more important though so i cant say i mean that but hey do you get summer break off?

and for the love of god, no more hating on me. 

I say i wanted forgiveness because i didnt know it was so hard to do.  dont say thats a bad thing what the hell so is it a crime to say im sorry?!?!?? I cant belive you freaks...

Zintendo

and hey since i dont know explain howcome the previous script for sheetmusic uploading cant be used again?  I really have no idea.

??? ???

p.s. I got my first sheet music downloaded with the help of this guy on youtube, Wowa1575, he taught me how to get finale notepad.  I love this website ever since, and that was like almost 2 years ago. 

Zintendo

Where's my pep pep?  pep pep?  Their you are.  TIM AND ERIC AWESOME SHOW     GREAT JOB!

im starting to think that because this is under drshnaps that this website is limitated, and if so by what how much.  I need to know these things you should post them somewhere permanently jamaha so retarted idiots, like me, that everybody seems to like to take their anger out on,  :'( understand the situation and dont get needless hate again......

???

I learned like 5 whole songs from this website and i would hate to see it mimic the roman empire. 

and where is that witchyworld sheetmusic at somebody has it but i forgot who if anybody knows let me know please.  No, I do not mean the boss battle in witchyworld.

Zintendo

if you have a wii go look into the conduit now.  you will thank me.

jake3343

First of all, did you just Quadruple post?!?!

How unnecessary...

Anyway, everyone is hating on you because you are being annoying. Sorry to tell you, but it is really your fault. Here's what I mean...

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMI'm so fucking sick of everyones hate.  its been almost a year now, Yes I know very damn well JaMaHa did a FANTASTIC job on this website, but now that it is missing a uploading script thing, no more new sheets :'(.
You know, you could just go into the arrangers topic and get the sheets there. They aren't any different than the ones that will be on the site when there is an update. It is really very easy to find them.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMA simple request, and all this hate starts pouring on me. 
Trying to script an entire sheet uploader while still keeping an entire site an order and having to deal with any sort of problems that one may have in real life. Yep, so simple.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMwhat the hell.  If he cant get it done then so be it, jedi.  But I know you can JaMaHa and you dont want to because its been awhile.  get some help from some source youtube wikipedia books tutorials something get someone else to do it, all i know is if you keep this up 2 years will pass, then guess what 3 years pass, omg 5 years pass then The best Nintendo-Sheet music starts to fall. 
Not having a working sheet uploader =/= having the website fall. Seriously, you act as if this entire website depends on having this sheet uploader finished. As long as the sheets stay where they are I don't think the website will die.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMJaMaHa i have paypal account i can give you money to pay another professional scripter guy if that is what is just absolutely has to come down to.  I know i sound like a dick when i say this, but 9 months man i think you have been putting this off.  school is more important though so i cant say i mean that but hey do you get summer break off?
JaMaHa is perfectly capable of making a sheet uploader himself. He will finish it when he sees fit and he has time. He doesn't have to rush and finish it just because some whiny person who comes and complains and yells at him and insults him tells him to.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMand for the love of god, no more hating on me. 
and for the love of god, no more being a whiny, jerkish, annoyance.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMI say i wanted forgiveness because i didnt know it was so hard to do.  dont say thats a bad thing what the hell so is it a crime to say im sorry?!?!?? I cant belive you freaks...
Just because you said you were sorry doesn't mean you can come back and bug us some more.

The rest of your posts are really irrelevent and/or off topic. Though I did notice that you said how JaMaHa should post somewhere so people will know what is going on and why there are no updates, even though JaMaHa all ready posted a news update on the front page addressing exactly this.

All in all, we aren't hating on you because we are "freaks", we are telling you to stop because you are being a jerk. First you come in and start insulting JaMaHa and yelling at him about how he needs to finish the uploader. Then you ask for forgiveness and say how you were sorry. This does not erase what you said before. You still were being very inconsiderate to JaMaHa. Then you make this topic and request for JaMaHa to finish the uploader. You won't have respect because respect is not earned through an apology, but through being here for some time and showing respect to others. You have failed to do the latter.

HugoMeister

Jake, you deserve waffles for that.

Everybody, give Jake some waffles.

* HugoMeister hands Jake a box of waffles

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

kotorfanboy

I think I'll offer my thoughts on the matter at hand.

Yes, Zintendo barging into the peacefully existing NSM forums stirs dissent in some members, but he does raise valid points in some cases, even if his methods of raising the issues are mislead in some parts. He didn't say it in the best manner, but his intentions are to better the community and the site, and we should not be so quick to dismiss it.

Yes, he did take a bit too hostile and a bit too inflammatory a stance in initially demanding for the script to be made. But, he did apologize and he is dedicated to following through on an issue he feels is important. The delivery and tone within the post may turn one away from his message, but we should heed his concerns because it is a concern that does affect our site.

Jake made some excellent points in his post, and I'm not trying to discredit him whatsoever. Yes, the submission boards are an excellent tool for finding sheets, as submissions pile up more quickly than sheets can be reviewed and put on the site. However, this is a short term fix. If we want to return NSM to what is was before the crash, we need to develop some sort of submission system. Perhaps not immediately and on demand whenever Zintendo brings it up, but soon. It won't lead to the fall of NSM as Zintendo said, but there is a distinct benefit of having the songs well-perused and high quality compared to in submission topics. It's not the most pressing issue, but it's not non-existent by the same token.

Jake's points about respect and the community are bit a tangential to what I'm focusing on, so I'll leave those be, as he makes excellent points.

The concern is that we need a submission system, preferably an uploader. We don't need it immediately, but we need it sometime. Jamaha says he's been working on it, and as a regular member, I'm going to have to put my faith into what Jamaha says he can do and what he says he is doing. Patience is a virtue. If he needs our help, we need to be there ready to give our help. I understand your concern, Zintendo, in wanting to help this site reach its potential, and I respect the fact that you care and are impassioned about helping out, but we must do what we can and only what we can. You can say that you believe an uploader is an urgent concern, and others can deliberate over its necessity to the site. You should not should not look to create a post with the intention of stirring dissent, attacking Jamaha, and looking to argue; You, and we, should look to do what we can to help each other. We're all in this community together.

So, with that said, Zintendo is not the only one at fault here. I admitted before that his approach was reckless and damaging to his goal of raising this issue at hand, but you should not crush him immediately because of it. We have to try to look at his core argument, and discuss it like rational, logical people. What we have here is an emotionally charged assault on this one person who, despite his demanding tones, is just trying to help out. Look beyond the fact that he was hostile (which it seems he has paid for and then some in his constant blows from everyone), and look to the fact that he thinks the uploader is an important part of this site. Jake took steps to proving that submission topics would easily suffice, and we must act like mature people here and discuss this rationally. But the topic is one that can be debated and discussed.

With this said, let me repose the question. Zintendo believes that the uploader is a demanding and necessary aspect of the site, and it should be worked on immediately. Jake countered, saying that submission topics were effective, and downplaying the fact that lacking an uploader would hurt the site.

So, I urge you to actually discuss what the topic at hand is. Not Zintendo's antics, not anyone's responses, but just the issue. Please, if we want to help the site progress we must discuss what is best for the site. The brutal irony is that we want to help the site while shooting down the one person who is provoking the discussion (albeit a hostile provocation, as I've discussed) to move the site forward. I believe I'm rambling on a bit here and I've repeated a few things several times, so I'll tie things up.

How important is the uploader to the site's welfare? Do we believe it is an urgent concern, and we should tell Jamaha how urgently we want it? Or do we think we can let things work out, and Jamaha can take his time in restructuring the return?

I trust we have the maturity and logic to handle this situation appropriately.

GreekGeek

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMI'm so fucking sick of everyones hate. 

We didn't start this topic, you did. You also started the "JaMaHa's fucking idiot"threat, which was in my opinion the most insulting and inappropriate thread EVER. It's unbelievable how you switch from "he's fucking idiot" to "Ooh JaMaHa, I wanna lick your feet and solve all of your problems". It really seems like you're bipolair or something... Or you're just sick.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMYes I know very damn well JaMaHa did a FANTASTIC job on this website

Licking, licking, licking his feet.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMJaMaHa i have paypal account i can give you money to pay another professional scripter guy if that is what is just absolutely has to come down to. 

No, because we don't know how to handle this situation. Maybe you should step out your own thoughts and look for the Submission threads. Then you'll see how much work still is done, but mister "JaMaHa is my GOD" is the only thing that comes in your mind.
And thanks for your offer, but I think JaMaHa has thought of that before ;) and it's a sickening attempt to be the HERO of this forum, while you have 11 posts and you are completely useless to this site with your insults and crap.

Quote from: Zintendo on May 12, 2009, 05:43:49 PMI say i wanted forgiveness because i didnt know it was so hard to do.  dont say thats a bad thing what the hell so is it a crime to say im sorry?!?!?? I cant belive you freaks...

You're not saying sorry, you're making JaMaHa some kind of divine person and insulting the other members. That's not a way to say sorry. I'm not a freak, you are, with your quadruple posting with the essence of "I fucking hate you all, but JaMaHa's my hero".

I don't agree with the way things go either, but the fact you're too lazy or too damn stupid to read some other things than your own sickening posts, you insult people, including me, in a pretty reckless way (no one likes to be treated like that, even you don't, with your whining of "everybody hates me" (and yes a lot of us do rightfully)), your stupid and unnecessary threads and the lack of effort you put in this site, makes you the biggest loser and sick person NSM has ever had.

And Jake you deserve some waffles ::)

Jamaha

Hi there, sorry I missed this topic.

For your queries about the uploader - it's done. That's right, I finished it last week. However, it still requires some minor tweaks. For example there is no way for the updaters to delete the uploaded files/entries yet, so it's not too user-friendly.

I need to do some tests on it as well. I have never done a script like this and I want to ensure it works as planned.

Then there's the issue of HI UPDATERS I POSTED A TOPIC IN THE STAFF FORUM, I NEED YOU.