News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Tangy's Arrangements - (12/01/2014) Pokefan Encounter (Pokemon ORAS)

Started by Tangy, May 03, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

Haha, I DID try viridian forsest. If you would have downloaded the medley I have arranged, you had seen seen it.
Some chords seem a bit odd, especially in measure 27/28... Probably you could try to fix that. Otherwise I like it :D.
Welcome back :D.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

Weird... I thought we had a version of Viridian Forest already? At least, I have a version made by a certain Merlin on my PC. Though, it lacks this website URL, so it might have been from another side. Anyway, yours is better.

Great work!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Tangy

Thanks for the welcomes guys! ^__^

I always check the site before I make arrangements, and I also do a search on the forums for the piece I'm going to arrange so that I don't do one somebody else is already working on.

Which is why I didn't notice Dahans's arrangement of it, haha. I'll make sure to check it out later. :)

Yeah, measures 27 & 28 are horrible sounding atm. :P I tried removing the red notes and it sounded much cleaner, so I'll probably go with that (and add some chords to those notes to make them match :P).

Taser9090

For Rhythm Rally, you could put the notes going higher, then lower, then higher, then lower. You know, the part where where you have to hit the ball really fast.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

dahans

Quote from: Tangy on May 28, 2010, 03:40:21 AMThanks for the welcomes guys! ^__^

I always check the site before I make arrangements, and I also do a search on the forums for the piece I'm going to arrange so that I don't do one somebody else is already working on.

Which is why I didn't notice Dahans's arrangement of it, haha. I'll make sure to check it out later. :)

Yeah, measures 27 & 28 are horrible sounding atm. :P I tried removing the red notes and it sounded much cleaner, so I'll probably go with that (and add some chords to those notes to make them match :P).

OK, Viridian city isn't on the site yet... So I suggest that we chose your arrangment for submission. To be honest, yours is better.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Tangy

@Taser - I'm not sure what you mean. D: Sorry. xD.

@Dahans - Thanks. xD. Yours is part of a giant arrangement, so it's really more like something seperate. ;) I did check it out, btw, I like it. :D Took me forever to listen to the whole thing, haha.

I changed bars 27 & 28, and they sound better now. :P

Taser9090

Quote from: Tangy on May 28, 2010, 05:01:10 PM@Taser - I'm not sure what you mean. D: Sorry. xD.
I had a hunch you would say that... (I need to explain things better)

The long transitions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-yVY7lwtQ
0:18-0:23

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Tangy

Small update, but first one in a while... A replacement for the Donkey Kong arcade "game start" theme. This one is much more accurate so hopefully you guys like it. :)

.MIDI  .MUS   Original I couldn't find just the music so that's a clip of the actual game. This theme is the first few seconds. :)

*concert band arrangement removed for now, sorry*

Sekter77

Heh. I can imagine that concert band version being played by some marching band at a college for games. It's a great way to tell the other team they're in danger.
Guitar and video games.

Tangy

Update! :3

Still Alive (Portal) 
*Original*

I removed most of my in-progress pieces from the first post. They just aren't being worked on so there's no point. :P

Winter

Seems good to me, but the left hand get's just a tad too loud at measure 23.

Also I though at about measure 17 the sheet would look more like this.

Korados

What a sarcastic song, never heard it before, I love it and your arrangement but it's from a shooter game, isn't it? I don't approve shooters very much... But thank you, anyways!

Cobraroll

^IT'S NOT A SHOOTER!

It's a first-person puzzle game  ;D. Well, you are being shot at from time to time, but that's just part of the experience.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Tangy

I honestly have no idea why it took me almost four months to respond. :P

The left hand getting too loud is just the midi being a midi, not much I can do about that. On piano, one would understand not to play it that loud. :)

At about measure 17, I wanted to re-enforce the fact that the first chorus was different from the following two. It has more of a feel similar to the previous line, without the heavy guitar chords as in the next part. I think the sheet that you provided was more accurate to the actual song, but on piano it just makes the first chorus sound weaker instead of different. It's just not all that interesting imo. Does that make sense?

And indeed... it's a puzzle. :) You get a gun, but it just shoots portals, hehe.