News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Tangy's Arrangements - (12/01/2014) Pokefan Encounter (Pokemon ORAS)

Started by Tangy, May 03, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Winter

Tangy

Okay... From what I can see, there's a lot of unattainable chords in the right hand (hense why I simplified that higher part so that both it and the bass were playable by the left hand), and he made the left hand messier by taking out the grace notes. Unless he was simply thinking "treble clef" and "bass clef", but piano sheets are read more with "right hand" and "left hand" in mind...

Also, the ending is incorrect. In the original, when the melody is played the second time, it's played twice with slightly different accompaniment, and those two times are repeated indefinitely. He seems to have put an ending in where there's more chording? I actually originally had the last part chorded like that, but I changed it because I thought it was too difficult. I don't understand how he ended it either.

I think I understand what he was trying to do, because it's rhythmically more accurate in the higher accompaniment. What I was trying to do was make this playable, and what he did is not playable with two hands.. lol.

Edit: With some editing (on his end, I can't change it with my program), I'm sure we can make this work... If some of the parts with the RH were moved to the LH, and a few were taken out... EX: bar two, the bottom two notes of the first chord should be moved to the left hand, but if the right hand plays the next chord, it will give adequate time for the left hand to play the next note.

Also, there's some random notes... bar 8 has the same g written in the treble clef and bass clef, but it's very unattainable by the right hand... lol

Winter

Go ahead and take another stab at it! write in the composer while you're at it, and I'll take your next file. just be sure to get midi and mus!

Tangy

Sure, I'll edit it when I have time. I'll include his name as well. And I'll get the midi in there too, lol, I didn't realize you were accepting sheets from threads, otherwise I would have.

On that note... A new arrangement!

Want You Gone (Portal 2)
*Midi*
*Original*

Xcissors

Hai!! I just signed up.

I guess I'm more concentrated in accuracy than simplicity. Sorry bout that.
I also had no idea how to make grace notes.

I have a repeat in the ending, because it does loop.

If you need me to edit it, your can ask.

Chao!

P.S. Love your portal 2 arrangement btw

Shadoninja

Quote from: Xcissors on June 01, 2011, 10:10:34 PMHai!! I just signed up.

Chao!

if you have anything other than notepad, the grace notes should be in the simple entry palette.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Xcissors

Winter

Tangy, don't forget to put the site link at the bottom of each page, and add the composer.

Korados

Wonderful arrangement, Portal 2 was even better than the first one, I couldn't stop laughing! :D

Tangy

Quote from: Xcissors on June 01, 2011, 10:10:34 PMHai!! I just signed up.

Chao!

It's okay, you should have seen my arrangements when I first started lol... I think my first one was Lavender Town and it required three hands. :)

Now, the ending should look more like the original... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9CkKTadzns If you look here, 0:00 - 0:37 is the intro part (this is not repeated). 0:37 - 1:24 is the next part. It plays the melody through twice, with slightly different accompaniment. These two parts are repeated indefinitely. What I'm confused on is you've included all of this, but at the end you add a third section which is repeated, and I'm not sure where you got it from.

But other than that and what I've said before, I've listened to it on my brother's computer and it sounds much more like the original. :)

Quote from: winterkid09 on June 01, 2011, 11:04:38 PMTangy, don't forget to put the site link at the bottom of each page, and add the composer.
The composer was already there, but I added in the URLs. Is it good to go now?

Quote from: Korados on June 02, 2011, 05:00:00 AMWonderful arrangement, Portal 2 was even better than the first one, I couldn't stop laughing! :D

Thank you! :)

Winter

Just get me a MIDI of the edited version, post both of them again, if you will :)

Tangy

I have done so. Box.net uses the same URL when you update them; they can be found above.

Winter