News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Tangy's Arrangements - (12/01/2014) Pokefan Encounter (Pokemon ORAS)

Started by Tangy, May 03, 2009, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Happy birthday!

Oh, and I saw your Desert arrangement a while ago, but was at school at the time, so I didn't have time to comment. It's really good.

Keep it up!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Taser9090

YES! Finally, a Rhythm Heaven arrangement!

I'm very greatful, there are so many great songs in that game. I also think there should also be some songs from Rhythm Tengoku. Not saying that you should make some, but...

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Tangy

Thank you guys! :)

Yes, I'll definitely do more from Rhythm Heaven. ^^ It's awesommee. I've never played Rhythm Tengoku (well, it was never released outside of Japan, so...). I should listen to some of the songs though.

Taser9090

Only some songs from Rhythm Tengoku can be easily played by ear. I think Rhythm Heaven has better songs though :p

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Tangy

New arrangement up:

Built to Scale (Rhythm Heaven)

Didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. :( Oh well. It's not done yet...

Oh yeah, and Munchy Monk 2 has been updated. It's pretty much done now. :D

Taser9090

Cobraroll

Nice Song of Storms!
(though, check out the 8va in measure 83. I think it kicks in one note too late).

Could this be considered (and submitted as) a Virtouso arrangement? It's quite good, hard to play and a little different from the version already on site, so perhaps?

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Tangy

Thanks. ^^

And whoops, that's fixed now, thanks. :)

I don't think my arrangement would be considered virtuoso... I can play it, and I don't consider myself more than an average pianist. (Plus I want to see MaestroUGC make a virtuoso arrangement of it, hehe. ^^)

Nintendude73

I don't usually bother looking in individual members' threads, but I saw Rhythm Heaven on your topic earlier and had to drop in.  Love the arrangements, especially MUNCHY MONK.  My favorite song from that game.  If you plan on doing any others, might I request Love Lab?  That song always gets stuck in my head...  Both of your current RH arrangements would be accepted if they were put up for submission... whenever I find time to do another update.

Tangy

Thanks Nintendude! ^_^ Yes, I get Love Lab stuck in my head a lot too. xD (unfortunately, I get that Dazzles song stuck in my head more -__-) I'd love to try it. (lol, love. Love lab. :P)

Tangy

I wanted to try to arrange something for something other than piano... so I tried the pokemon title theme for concert band, since I need to learn to arrange for concert band for school anyways.

Thought I'd post it here, because I figured some people would be interested. ^_^ It turned out well, but the dynamics on finale are kind of... well, I don't like them. It seems to translate forte to meaning "so loud it's ugly". So here's the versions with and without dynamics: I'm not sure which one I like better. xD.

Pokemon Title Theme - With dynamics
.MIDI

Pokemon Title Theme - Without dynamics
.MIDI

Obviously I'm not submitting these to the site though. ^^

And I haven't forgotten about Love Lab. ^^ It's just a really hard piece to figure out by ear. I finally got the rhythm all down, and the melody, so now I'm working on the bass and harmony.

Cobraroll

Just thought I'd point this out; the .mid-links you've provided directs to the .mus - files, and vice versa.

Oh, and the arrangement is great, by the way. When I first heard the .mid, I thought you had put in an organ in there (which would have been absolutely awesome, though impractical), but I now see that this is not the case. Though, it still sounds majestic.

Tangy

Oops, not sure how that happened, but I fixed it. :P Thanks for pointing that out.

Lol, nope, no organ. xD. I based it off of my school concert band, which is why it only has one bass clarinet (ME. n_n), one bassoon, one oboe, and one piccalo. And no organ. ^_^

Tangy

UPDATE! :) Check the first post. I don't usually put songs up until they are almost completely finished, so I put all of my partially complete ones up for you guys to see.

Brassman388