News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Where do you come from?

Started by Dynemand, March 06, 2008, 12:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Well let's see: Where I am living currently, the average January temp is 18.11°C and the average June temp is 25.33°C... the total year average is 22.94°C, which basically means (in Fahrenheit) that year-round, it is NORMALLY between 60-80... only three weeks ago was when we had record temperatures of 44.39°C... now that was nasty!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Jub3r7 on October 20, 2010, 05:22:30 PMWow, I live one state above you, SFK.
This summer, it got like 95*F, more or less, didn't it? Maybe to the 110's?
Technically, he could be talking about Alabama as well.  But the heat index might have gotten up to 110F but the actually temperature definitely didn't get that high.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

I was talking about GA.

And about the 110's, I was just trying to remember if it got that high or not.
When I vacationed to Florida, I remember it being nice and breezy...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

I know you were talking about Georgia, I was just pointing out that detail.

Anyways, if you come here in mid November to March it's pretty nice but after that it's just brutal.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

I heard the humidity just kills... and the mosquitos and such... is this true??? I was in Massachusetts where the humidity was horrible, and I'm used to New England humidity... is it worse than that???

Humidity is non existent out her... just DRY, DRY, DRY... you can get a gnarly sinus infection from the Santa Anas (google the Santa Ana Winds)

Ruto

I've been to Hong Kong in the summer, and yes, humidity KILLS. The weather there is similar to Florida's 33-35C in the summer and humid. Really, really humid. It could rain for a week at a time. There was this one time I went out and came back in 10 minutes with my head completely soaked from the moisture (which is odd, because I wasn't actually sweating  :-\) and dived into some bushes to search for a missing ball and came out covered in mosquito bites.

I hate humidity...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

My favorite conditions...
I like it in the 50's, not humid but not too dry either.

Sekter77

Yeah. We get a nice balance of weather in mountainous West Virginia. Although fall is in full force right now and it's quite chilly. Not much of that humidity stuff. That's one thing I'm pretty thankful for is the mild summers. I can't imagine that kind of humidity.
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on October 21, 2010, 11:53:12 PMI heard the humidity just kills... and the mosquitos and such... is this true???

No, there are like no mosquitoes in Forsyth County, Georgia.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 22, 2010, 01:47:50 PMNo, there are like no mosquitoes in Forsyth County, Georgia.

You're too far from water then :D. My friends tell me the mosquitoes in Malaysia are the worst ever since there's everything there they could want, tropical forests, water, humidity and heat.

I haven't found a place where I want to be all year round.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 22, 2010, 01:47:50 PMNo, there are like no mosquitoes in Forsyth County, Georgia.

I'm a lucky censored.

Whenever it rains a few counties south from you, mass mosquito breeding occurs.

DrP

that sucks... there are mosquitos lurking outside our front doors... and it has wonderfully been raining nonstop for 8 hours!!!!

Sekter77

Mosquitoes this late in the year? It's almost Halloween, I thought they'd all have moved off by now. I guess it's just weird having grown up in a mostly mosquito free climate. Best of luck to all of you avoiding nasty bites.
However we are expecting a rainstorn tomorrow or the day after. But 8 hours might be a little extreme.
Guitar and video games.

Jub3r7

Well, during the summer and fall they're terrible, when your outside.
But in winter, it's bliss!

DrP

Quote from: Sekter77 on October 24, 2010, 08:31:47 PMMosquitoes this late in the year? It's almost Halloween, I thought they'd all have moved off by now. I guess it's just weird having grown up in a mostly mosquito free climate. Best of luck to all of you avoiding nasty bites.
However we are expecting a rainstorn tomorrow or the day after. But 8 hours might be a little extreme.

well, mosquitos are quite uncommon here as it is... I live in the "south" but on a different coast...

what part of the country/world are you from??? if it is mosquito free, it is either the mountains or the deserts!