Stupid Video Game Moments

Started by Cyndaquazy, April 12, 2009, 01:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyndaquazy

On this topic, one can post any stupid things you have done concerning video games.

For me, the stupidest thing I've done is restart my Pokémon Pearl without trading over all my Level 100 Pokémon to my Diamond. Most of those Level 100's are ones I've had since the beginning of my fandom and had emotional bonds with. I could provide you with a list, but it would hurt too much.

Now I'm gonna have to start over with the task. (I still kick myself in the a** for doing that) >:(
My Site
And now you're being a douche again, stop.

Cobraroll

Also in Pokémon Pearl, I played lots one evening. Trained for taking the seventh gym, taking the seventh gym, going through all the faff in the Galactic building, climbing Mt. Coronet, and levelling lots in the progress. Finally, the battle against Palkia. It was my Garchomp against the Space-ruling kickass dragon from another dimension, and I didn't want to waste any master balls (actually, it's as easy to capture Palkia as it is to capture Chatot). So I figured it out that it would be smart to weaken it a bit first. A Dragon Claw would suffice...

Critical hit

Palkia fainted

Game turned off (I wanted Palkia after all)

Last save point: Four hours earlier, a total of 21 levels earlier in the progress, and one gym, a warehouse and the most irritating mountain in Pokémon history to beat again.

I went swearing to bed that evening.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

ALPRAS

When I was in the Final Battle in the game "Rolo to the rescue" (for MegaDrive/genesis) (Ive taken 5 hours to get there!) Ive pushed my controller to hard and the console crashed........Ive never played that game again....

KefkaticFanatic

Playing any of the 3D sonic games.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

The opening cut scene of Chibi-Robo. Uber, but oh so stupid.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ALPRAS

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 13, 2009, 07:29:56 AMPlaying any of the 3D sonic games.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and Sonic R are cool :P
the rest? shit.....

Tranzlater

Huh... what did I do...

Oops another Pokémon one!
Getting an illegal copy of Pokémon Emerald, and if you tried to connect it to Diamond (or even played on diamond) it erased your Emerald save file.

I decided to ignore this and removed the diamond card from my DS and continued to play on Emerald. I got relatively far (5th or 6th gym, I think) and then was about to go online on diamond with a friend- and guess what, I forgot to remove the emerald game pak. It erased all the data- hours and hours worth.

Dammit.

EDIT: Oh and the first time I played on any pokémon game and used my master ball to catch a pikachu, when I had no idea you only get one master ball.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

random_goldfish

Quote from: Gamer4250 on April 13, 2009, 07:29:56 AMPlaying any of the 3D sonic games.

XD
I have to agree...but I did happen to like Sonic Adventure 1 alright...in fact...I'll go as far to say that I like it.
Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Black Knight are already in the bargin bins.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

SuperFireKirby

Here's one: I was playing Dark Cloud 2, an action RPG game for the PS2, and after about 55 hours of gameplay I had finally made to what I thought at the time was the last dungeon, Moon Flower Palace. I had gotten about half way through it(and the all the dungeons in this game besides the first and second range from about 10 to 20 times bigger than LoZ dungeons.) and I saved my game -of coarse. My friend came over to try out the game and asked if he could save it, and I said sure. He saved it to the first slot. And 55 hours went right down the toilet.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nakah

Everything in every Final Fantasy game, ever.

Brassman388

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Nakah on April 17, 2009, 11:33:47 AMEverything in every Final Fantasy game, ever.

I'm slightly offended.

SuperFireKirby

Final fantasy is pretty good so dont be hatin.

Composer #40

I have one that's similar to Cyndaquazy's story.

Phantasy Star Online is an RPG game released for the GC and XBOX. A simple hack-slash game where you have to level up and you get better weapons on the way (basis of the whole game). You get to reach a max level of 200, similar to the max level 100 in pokemon games. I managed to get my first character up to Lv. 145 and I found a new weapon. Then I go back to play it to try the new weapon the next day and a horrible thing happened.

The game informed me that my memory card became corrupt.

Besides loosing some 120+ hours of game play on that character, I lost all of my other characters AND all of my data for my GC games.

It happens Every. Day!

SirIngusBingus

That isn't stupid, that's just unlucky.