News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Stupid Video Game Moments

Started by Cyndaquazy, April 12, 2009, 01:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyndaquazy

I'm glad for your little catch-up "Where've you been?" session, but please keep it for other threads.
My Site
And now you're being a douche again, stop.

Davey

YES SIR, 11 POSTS AND JUST JOINED, CYNDAQUAZY!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Davey

Well I'm just saying who's he to tell us what to do in the off topic forum?

Gooch

Dear Lord, don't make us take you back to chatroom court...again :P

Lets see, not so much in the Video Game, but i went to Myrtle Beach once upon a time, and took my Wii (extended trips with only sunbathing to do for hours on end makes Gooch-ie a dull boy). Along with that, i brought a few multiplayer games such as Mario Party (useless and no one wanted to play them), Brawl, Mario Kart Wii. Well, the week comes to a close, and we pack up. Turns out i no longer have enough room for my Wii and its games, so, i divvy Mario Kart to my sister's back-pack. We get home, i collect my favorite game (Mario Kart) and proceed to pull it out of the case...to find the disc is completely warped. Her Jumbo-Sized doll's head was pushing into the case...and made the disc bend...for 9 hours. I hold a memorial for it every year. Currently, im not entirely committed to wanting to buy the game again...for 50 bucks :P

Davey

Just get a SNES emulator and get the original Mario Kart. It's better than Wii, especially in that beaten to death franchise.

SuperFireKirby

Its still 50 bucks? God, I hate how popular wii games never go down in pricing even after two years when almost everyone with a wii owns a copy(cough'SSBB"cough).

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

No, get Mario Kart 64 or Double Dash.  So much fun with those two.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

And Gamestop is still selling used copies of Double Dash for 30 bucks! I hate Gamestop so much.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Stupid video game moment... I was EV training my Vaporeon, and I hadn't saved for a couple of hours... I was doing something on the computer at the same time, and I accidentally hit the power button >< I had to do train it all over again... I was mad, because I hate to EV train pokémon, so annoying to do QQ
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Cobraroll

^Oh well. If you've got the right items (Unless you run a Choice Specs set, I assume you're EV-ing HP or Defense or Speed, so Power Weight/Belt/Anklet, respectively), and train at the right places, you can EV quite quickly. If you have Pokérus as well, EVs come like leaves on a windy autumn day.

But getting that stupid Pokérus... I've played my games for about 1000 hours in total, and never seen it.

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Cyndaquazy

On that Pearl game at the top of this topic, I had Pokérus, too.  :'(
As far as EV training goes, I just use the vitamins (Iron, Protein, etc.)
My Site

Gooch

I actually have all (or close to all) of the Mario Kart games, so i still play Double Dash on occasion (still a high spot of my favorite games). On the note of Mario Kart 64, i love the idea of the Virtual Console and such, but i dont like having to "rebuy" my old N64 games. Personally, i would invest if Nintendo were to somehow pop up with a N64 Hi-Def cable :)

Another Stupid moment (actually in-game this time). Anyone remember getting an Eon Ticket for Ruby/Saphire/Emrald? I got one and used it on my Ruby version (thus unlocking Latias in-game). I went to that little island, had an awful time catching it, spent a good few days just playing through a few battles a day trying to catch it. In the end, i became frustrated and used my master ball. Content that i had caught it, I save and leave the island. Upon walking around, i chance upon Latios (first time) and realized i used my master ball on Latias...the one that doesn't flee after one turn... I never got to catch Latios :(

Gu4n

You must be an expert, so what do you think about Mario Kart Wii then?

KefkaticFanatic

I have owned all of them except the original SNES, and I can say that the Wii version is awful and a waste of time.  The extra racers just make it incredibly annoying, the AI item usage is completely broken, and online play is STILL laggy.

me irl
[close]