News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Emergence (Final Update - 28.03.12)

Started by Cobraroll, March 27, 2009, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondbl

love it!  Oh my god, it's the best thing ever!  I really hope you'll continue!  I'm dying for another chapter!  No rush - do your best!

Cobraroll

^Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I'm into an exam period, with various other things to take care of in my spare time, so I don't get as much time to write as I used to. Unfortunately it will be a while between updates from now on (though, I try to keep it under a month). My main revisor (thanks for all help, GreekGeek!) is also busy with school, so even the polishing process takes a little longer.

Also, thanks to JaMaHa doubling the character limit, I have space to write a few notes of thanks before the fun starts. My deepest thank yous to:
 - GreekGeek and dahans, for support, ideas, revision and constant feedback
 - All the other readers, for reading (that includes YOU!) and feedback (might include YOU!).
 - JaMaHa, for doubling the character limit, eliminating the need to cut chapters short or posting in two parts (which is no fun).
 - Bulbapedia, for information. I spend about an hour on Bulbapedia for each chapter I write, mostly to check if I'm contradicting the canon when I write. Though I ignore the "four moves only"-rule, all moves used by Pokémon in the story can be used by Pokémon in the games. Item descriptions and effects are also taken from here.
 - Smogon University, for saying which moves are viable on this and that Pokémon, and which items Rob would give to each Pokémon as a competitive battler. Their damage calculator also helps me a lot (I used it extensively in this chapter - trying to be realistic, you know!).
 - Wikipedia (yeah, I dropped the URL), for other info. I try to put in references to popular culture here and there, and I get the source from good old 'pedia.
 - Nintendo, Game Freak, and all those folks for making Pokémon (and not finding this story and sue me for copyright infringement).
 - NinSheetMusic, for existing, and hosting the story.
 - Once again, YOU, for reading it.

Have a nice day.

Chapter thirty-five: Sparks fly

I was not alone as I went to school the day after. Xatu was slowly circling above me, hidden by an invisibility bubble. Espeon walked
beside me, also invisible. Weavile followed me too, but I didn't know exactly where he was. Today, I had dropped the ball belt, and
instead crammed the Poké Balls into different pockets. It still looked a little awkward, but I needed to have a fighter team ready at
all times, and it looked better than the belt after all. It felt a little weird to walk around like this, as if I had a pair of
bodyguards that only I could see. I felt secure and vulnerable at the same time. Somebody was after me, somebody only I knew about.
Each time I heard a car in the distance, I jumped, and each time one drove by me, my hand reached for the right jacket pocket. Am I
becoming paranoid?, I asked myself. The answer was that I had been it for quite some time. I was almost surprised that I made it to
school without anyone trying to kidnap me. I looked over my shoulder one last time before I went through the front doors. There were
plenty of people in the lobby. I was safe here.
"Hey, who's chasing you?", a voice asked as soon as I got in. Edvard was sitting on a bench, apparently failing to rehearse for the
upcoming History test.
"Nobody. I just thought I saw... no, never mind"
"Are you going to play tennis after school?", he asked and pointed at my jacket. Damn, I had accidentally pushed the button of
one of the Poké balls, and it had swollen up to full size. It was now clearly visible to everybody.
"Forgot to take it out of the pocket last night", I replied. "Played a little with Emily"
"In January?"
"She's training to stay in shape during the off-season"
"Funny, I thought she hated tennis. Looked a lot like that back when we had it in PE in November"
"So much for that cover story", I thought. Luckily, Edvard didn't follow it up.
"Anyway, you're free this evening?", he continued.
"Umm... yeah"
"Want to go see a movie with me and Matt and Andy? You've spent too much time with the girls lately"
"Okay", I said, thinking it would sound suspicious if I said no. We eventually agreed to catch the seven o'clock bus from the town
hall, and have a pizza later.

The school day was, all in all, quite event-less. I had difficulties catching up in Math class, seeing as I hadn't had any time to do
homework the past few days. I had to copy Emily's notes for History, but I thought I'd do well enough in English. Julia arrived just
in time today as well. She chose the desk next to me on purpose, so that my struggling became all the more obvious compared to her
brilliance. What was worse, though, she started making subtle jokes about me, jokes that quickly caught on due to her popularity. This
started to feel more and more like my old class. Luckily, I got support from Edvard and the gang, as well as Emily and Greta.
"What do you have against him, really?", I could hear Greta hiss to Julia after a not-so-subtle suggestion that I had been responsible
for the fate of my former classmates, just ten minutes into English class. Julia didn't answer her, but turned over to me and
whispered just loud enough for everybody but the teacher to hear:
"I think she likes you. Does Emily know about you two?"
Greta's face turned red, apparently with anger. The rest of the class giggled.
"Shut up", Emily whispered to her.
"Can't you come up with anything more original?"
"Hey! Silence!", the teacher shouted from his desk. "Emily, this is your last warning..." I could see Julia stared hard at the
teacher, muttering some words under her breath. Her lips barely moved. The teacher continued. "Actually, you've disturbed us too much
already. Just go home. Come back tomorrow"
Emily got up from her desk without a word. I could see she too was shaking with anger as she gathered her stuff and walked out of the
door. To my left, Edvard muttered:
"Crazy guy". Matt, who was sitting in front of us, nodded. I was angry as well. My fingers twitched in the general direction of my
right pocket, where a battle-eager Scizor lay ready in its Poké Ball. But there were too many people here, it would be foolish to
summon a Pokémon now. Besides, most of the rest of the class were on Julia's side; I would have gotten a lot of new enemies by
knocking her out. For now, I'd just have to tolerate it.

"Say whatever you want about her brains and looks, but that Julia is a bitch", Matt said as we sat on the bus later that
evening. We all agreed. It had taken me a while to comfort Emily afterwards. The teacher had always liked her, so she thought the
reason why he became so angry was that she had totally failed on the last test, or that she had done something very wrong. The
argument she had had with Miley yesterday didn't help her mood either. Greta and I had visited her, and I couldn't explain the real
reason behind the teacher's temper before Greta went to the bathroom.
"Can she use magic?", Emily had whispered. I thought that sounded unlikely, but couldn't see any other explanation.
"Luckily, so can we", I had replied. "With Espeon around, and a little planning, I guess we can counter emotional spells"
This fact disturbed me a little. If Julia was able to alter people's emotions, she could set everyone up against me. I had never liked
the thought of mind control, but always discarded it as science fiction. Okay, the Pokémon could do it to a certain degree, but they
were products of my imagination and didn't have to follow the laws of reality. However, the thought of Julia pulling a trick like that
made me uneasy.
"Is Emily okay, by the way?", Andy asked and dragged me off the trail of thought.
"I think she is fine. She's tough when the situation demands it", I replied. "She sounded all right when I talked to her"
"I didn't quite get why Mr. Robinson got so angry", Edvard said. "He's always been an old git, but he's never gone mental that fast
before"
"He was probably just having a bad day", Andy said. We didn't speak more about that subject. Instead, they started asking what I had
been up to the past week. I had to improvise a little. Come to think of it, it was only a few hours more than a week ago that I was
kidnapped by the TLA and only five days since I got back. The story I told the guys involved lots of gaming and catching a cold, so I
had had to sleep a lot. Luckily, I managed to change the subject before they asked too many questions. I made a mental note of making
a proper cover story to use in future situations like this.

The movie we saw was okay. Sort of a "leave your brain at the door" action movie. Neither the best nor worst I had seen, but we all
enjoyed it regardless. After that, we went to have pizza. I knew I missed out on a night of Pokémon hunting, but the social, relaxed
atmosphere made me feel a lot better than I had even after yesterday's success. My life didn't seem like a hopeless struggle any more,
and there was a feeling of friendship I couldn't get from the Pokémon. Lots of talking later, we were walking back towards the train
station, where we would catch a bus heading home. The night was clear and calm, but very cold.
"Nine forty. We could catch the 55 bus", Matt suggested. We were walking beside some large storehouses now, all boarded up and shut.
This part of the station was used as a storage and maintenance area for unused trains. It was very large, more than a kilometre of
dead-end tracks, with several track switches and buildings all over the area. Even though we had reached the station area, the
terminal building was another kilometre away.
"That bus doesn't stop at the town hall", Edvard said. "What about the 57 bus?"
"Sounds like a good...", I said. Then my voice drowned in the roar of a large engine. We all turned around to see what it was. It
turned out to be a monstrous black truck, resembling a fire truck, with a ladder on the roof and all. Behind it followed several black
vans, and a semi trailer, black as well. They all had the same emblem in big yellow letters on the side: TLA.
I froze, my hand automatically reached for the right pocket. They were many, but I would not go down without a fight. I was about to
shout for Espeon and Weavile when I realised the convoy didn't slow down. The TLA vehicles just drove past me, and up a road between
two buildings to the right.
"Hey, there's nothing but a gate up that road", Edvard began. "I saw it when we walked past earlier. That road only leads to the
maintenance area. I thought that gate was chained shut, as nobody's been using that area for..." He was right. We could hear a
crunching sound as the truck drove straight through the gate.
"Do we have time to check this out?", Andy asked.
"Should we?", I said, but nobody replied. They were already jogging up the side road.
"What's that noise?", Matt asked as we got closer. I stopped. It sounded like electrical sparks. Lots of them. Then Xatu's voice in my
head informed me what it was. I stopped abruptly. The boys turned around to see why.
"Seriously, guys", I said. My voice was shaking. "We shouldn't be here. Get the hell away from here. Run. Catch the 49 bus instead.
Just get away"
"Why?", they all asked, almost in unison. Then a sound like a lightning strike pierced the night.
"Just trust me. Get away"
Edvard was about to protest, but somehow he shut his mouth again. "What about you?"
"I'll take care of this" I think there was something in my voice that made them all stop. Or it might have been Espeon, who had been
walking ten steps behind us all the time.
"You heard him. We can still catch that bus", Matt suddenly said. They started jogging back down the road, with no further questions
asked. I felt very hypocritical about mind control, all of a sudden.
"Call us if you get into trouble!", Andy shouted over his shoulder. A few seconds later, they rounded the corner of the nearest
buildings, and were out of sight. I started walking up the road, past the remains of the shattered gate. The road widened out to a T-
intersection and went parallel to the train tracks, but the tracks of the trucks showed that they had headed straight forward, through
a small fence and out to the train tracks. The sound of sparks was even louder now. It appeared to come from behind a section of cargo
carriages a few metres ahead. A TLA van was parked in front of it.
"Hey! You!", a voice suddenly said. A TLA grunt appeared from behind the van. "Get away!"
I noted that his face was unconcealed. He had the same featureless face as the other grunts I had seen at the TLA base. This was a
little creepy, to say the least, but it also took away any hesitations I had about bringing him down.
"Take him out, Espeon", I whispered. The man suddenly started to glow blue, was lifted about half a metre off the ground, and flung
into the darkness to the right.
"Lay down, you're surrounded", another voice said. I turned around. Behind me, another van had slid out of the shadows. A number of
grunts were already securing the gate. Six others were standing in a semi-circle around me. Two of them were carrying guns. I put my
hands on my head, and dropped down on my knees. These were too many to engage in open combat. The backup kicked in when Weavile, only
visible a black mass, darted out of the shadows and passed straight between us. One of the armed grunts collapsed. All the heads
turned to the spot Weavile had emerged from. Problem was, now he was behind them. The other armed grunt dropped to the ground without
a sound. Then a third and a fourth went down, and Espeon took care of the remaining two. I got up again, looking around for more.
"More are coming!", Xatu's voice echoed, as if he had read my thoughts.
"Better get going, then", I said, and jogged around the carriage that blocked the view to the source of the noise.

I almost bumped into a grunt as I turned the corner. He was holding a large machine gun, firing at something obscured from my view by
a burning black van. The area was still lined with rails, and surrounded by various train carriages and vehicles. Large floodlights
atop the vans lit up the place. There were several dozen other grunts here, and some agents as well. They were all yielding firearms,
firing at the same spot. However, I didn't hear any sounds that might indicate a hit, or any ricochets for that matter. I laid down
and crawled past the back of the grunt, so I could see what was behind the van. I stayed as close to the carriage as I could without
crawling underneath it.
In the middle of the large circle of TLA people was something that greatly resembled a UFO. It was a large disk or flat sphere, about
a meter across, hanging in mid-air. On what I assumed to be the front of it, a lone large lens-like red eye shone brightly. It had a
smaller orb hanging on each side, each of them had a single, black eye on them. One small and three large horseshoe magnets were swirling around it in a cloud of dust. A yellow antenna was sticking out of the top of the main disk. This was a really weird Pokémon to see in real life. Occasionally, a shower of sparks was emitted from the magnets. The Pokémon rotated slowly around, as if it was scanning the area. Come to think about it, it probably did just that. It looked like a very easy target, but for some reason, none of the TLA people were able to hit it directly. I knew from experience that the grunts couldn't aim for two cents, but not even the agents seemed to hit it, even at a distance of fifteen metres.
"Why can't they hit it?", I thought. "And why doesn't it do anything?"
"It's charging", Espeon said. "And they are hitting it. Look at the bullets"
Then I realised the dust cloud floating around it wasn't dust at all. It was bullets. They were slowed down and orbited the Magnezone
in mid-air. Now and then, sparks flew between the bullets. I guess we were speaking of a very large electrical charge here. Even the
train rails underneath it looked bent and twisted. A continuous buzzing sound filled the air, like the sound high-voltage power lines
give off, only louder.
"Can this possibly end without a lot of destruction?", I thought. The answer gave itself a few seconds later, when a large black truck
arrived at the scene. A large machine gun was mounted on top of it. The TLA agents put down their own guns. I could see a smile on the
nearest one. With a sound like a chainsaw, the gun roared to life. It looked like they had given up catching it alive. But before any
shots could be fired, Magnezone replied with its powerful signature move. A small yellow orb resembling a tennis ball appeared in mid
-air right above the top of its antenna. The orb hovered in front of Magnezone for a split second, then it was fired off towards the
truck like a cannonball.
The following explosion was tremendous. Lightning bolts flew in every direction, bridging between train carriages, vehicles and people
all over the area. The noise shattered my eardrums. The rails closest to Magnezone glowed blue for a second, then turned a faint red
as the discharge calmed down. Everything that touched them was burnt to crisp. TLA grunts and agents alike were fried or flung in
every direction. The floodlights flashed brightly for a split second before they turned dark. The people who weren't hit got up and
started shooting again. The chaos seemed complete, but Magnezone was unaffected. It turned around and fired off another Zap Cannon.
The orb missed its intended target, continued in between two carriages, and hit a service shed. It was blown to pieces.
"We should get away", Espeon said. I agreed, I could hear the sound of boots against gravel from the other side of the carriage.
Reinforcements were obviously on their way.
"Where?", I hissed.
"Just away". I started crawling towards the truck Magnezone had hit. It was twisted beyond recognition, as if it had been dropped from
a great height and then put on fire. It did not look like the best hideout around, but there were nobody around it, as opposed to
everywhere else. Grunts now appeared from every direction, more vans arrived, and I could hear voices talking about a helicopter.
"Not good", Espeon suddenly said. I looked at her. Her tail was pointing to the right, towards some carriages on the other side of the
open area.
"Oh no", I groaned. The carriages were loaded with large tanks labelled "Plane fuel", and large, red warnings with a flame on them.
Some of the TLA grunts tried to move the heavy carriages, but it looked like they were stuck. Magnezone had switched attacks now,
instead firing beams of light that sent whatever it hit flying. The TLA people kept shooting at it, but they still weren't able to
hit. We had reached the truck now, but realised that it was too hot to even touch, never mind hiding inside.
"They have seen us", Espeon said. I decided I couldn't rely on a sneaking strategy any more.
"Lucario, Metagross, Scizor, go!", I shouted as I got up and threw the respective Poké Balls. The mere sight of the Pokémon made the
grunts flee in horror. I ran past the truck and found a gap between two carriages about thirty metres away. Good to have the back
against something.
"Lucario, keep the TLA people away. Scizor, calm down Magnezone. Metagross, stay here", I shouted. Now, several carriages near
Magnezone had derailed, the rails were twisted, and there were considerably fewer TLA people out in the open. I guess the magnetic
field alone would have been lethal under normal conditions, and the TLA people had retreated a little. Regardless, Magnezone kept
shooting everything that moved in a display of furious frenzy. Hopefully, Scizor would be able to knock it out with Superpower, and we
could make a hasty retreat. Now, Scizor was darting towards Magnezone, barely touching the ground, with the pincers aglow. Magnezone
was turned the other way, searching for more TLA people to knock out. As Scizor approached it, he lifted the pincers, ready to
strike...
There was a bright flash and a sound like a thunderclap. Scizor was thrown backwards, and I could see scorch marks all over his shiny
red armour. He landed with a crash a few metres away, and lay still with his eyes closed. Magnezone had spun around at the last
moment, and fired off a Thunderbolt.
"A one-hit knock-out", Metagross remarked. "And now you made Magnezone angry"
"Lucario, take care of it", I shouted as I pulled back Scizor. "Focus Blast!"
Lucario ran towards Magnezone, arms outstretched forward. He stopped about fifteen metres away from it, and fired off a projectile
looking like solid smoke. Magnezone did a barrel roll and barely avoided the attack. The Focus Blast hit a carriage instead, blowing
it off the tracks and tearing it in half. Pieces of it flew in every direction, and a large bar hit a fuel tank on another carriage
with a loud clang. It was seriously dented, but luckily not torn open so much that fuel would be spilled. The sound Lucario uttered
was untranslatable, but would be roughly the Pokémon equivalent of swearing. Then Magnezone retaliated. The Thunderbolt hit Lucario
square in the chest, and he too was flung backwards, knocked out in a single hit.
"Why is it so angry?", I asked Metagross.
"Panic", Metagross replied. Then his eyes turned a bright blue. I could hear a scream in the darkness as a TLA grunt was thrown away.
I had almost forgotten their presence; there was no time for small talk now.
"Weavile, how is the TLA doing?", I shouted. Weavile was sitting atop a carriage, with a clear view of the gate a hundred metres away.
"Cars everywhere", was the reply. "Some hospital cars. Black cars. Big red cars. Flashing lights. Blockades"
"Civilians", Metagross muttered. "We have to find another way out. The area has another entrance over there. Check that as well"
"We have to stop Magnezone first", I said. "The news will be here any second, and we can't risk a full attack on TV"
"I can do it", Metagross said. "It won't take me down in a single hit. If it has sustained any damage before we got here, I might be
able to knock it out"
"Helicopter!", Weavile suddenly shouted. Oh no. Now, the chaos would be complete.
"Civilian or TLA?"
"TLA!"
It was flying quite high above us, but even at this distance I could see that the TLA helicopter was equipped with a large machine gun
and a floodlight. This was going to hurt, regardless of how the events played out. The helicopter stopped in mid-air, and turned so
that the side with the machine gun was facing Magnezone. Magnezone tilted backwards and looked directly into the floodlight. The
bullets that were still floating in the air around it clustered around the magnets. Sparks flew everywhere.
"Oh-oh...", Xatu's voice echoed in my head. Then, hell broke loose.

If you sort the Electric attacks by base power, two moves come out on top of the list. Which of them is the strongest is a matter of
heated debate. Zap Cannon will always paralyse, but has an accuracy of a mere fifty per cent. The other move, Thunder, will hit its
target seventy percent of the time, but won't always paralyse However, it has a distinct advantage: It can hit targets high up in the
air. This was probably the reason why Magnezone used it now. The helicopter was blasted apart by a bolt of electricity. I could see
the gunner and the pilots fall out of the wreck, and the rest of the helicopter body rained all over the area. Most of it was burning.
"Xatu is down", Espeon said. I found its Poké Ball in my pocket, and pressed the button. A red beam zipped skyward, then retracted
into the ball again. Luckily, I got him before he fell into the crowd or something.
"Metagross, now!", I bellowed. The sound of sirens was getting louder and louder, even hearable over the sound of chunks of metal
hitting train carriages. Metagross ran towards Magnezone, taking a Thunderbolt without slowing down. He stopped ten metres away from
it, and several red glowing orbs formed in the air above him. They grew to the size of basket balls, then flew into Magnezone one by
one, each hitting with a flash and a burst of smoke. Magnezone was thrown backwards for each hit, eventually coming to a halt above
the wreck of the carriage Lucario crushed. Then it retaliated with another Thunderbolt, which hit Metagross right in the face.
"Come on, Metagross!", I shouted. Metagross stood still for a few seconds after the sparks died out. Then, it looked like his right
foreleg couldn't bear him any longer. His enormous disk-shaped body crashed to the ground. Weavile shrieked, then leapt out from the
shadows behind me. He was upon Magnezone in a second, with claws aglow. He hit Magnezone in the eye, and the Magnet Area Pokémon
slammed into the ground. I called Metagross too back into his ball, and turned toward Espeon.
"We have to run!", I shouted. "Can you carry Magnezone?"
"It weighs almost a quarter of a ton!", Espeon replied. "No problem, in other words"
"Where do we go?", I asked Weavile.
"People everywhere. Some police, some TLA, some-"
We were interrupted by a loud whooshing sound, and a flash of orange light. Parts of the helicopter had landed on the battered fuel
tank, which had caught fire. The heat was intense even here, fifty metres away. Great. At least, now it couldn't be any worse.
"Over there!", Weavile said and pointed. We ran between two carriages, going towards the main station area, but away from the road. I
could see flashing lights in every direction, but there were no TLA people to be seen. We made an easy target, with a blue, glowing
Magnezone floating a few metres behind us. With five out of seven Pokémon knocked out, we wouldn't be able to battle our way out of
here. Unless we found an escape route, fast, we would be done for.
"There is a road up here. I saw nobody there five minutes ago", Weavile mumbled. I followed him between two empty passenger carriages,
and found myself at the edge of a forest. A small road twenty metres to my left led up to a gate. Just a few more steps...

Then suddenly, two headlights lit up the road, and two people appeared behind the gate. Police. They had seen me.
"Espeon, Hypnosis!", I shouted. Magnezone crashed to the ground behind me. Espeon's eyes glowed yellow for a second, and one of the
police men collapsed.
"Rob! It's me!", the other one shouted.
"Joe?", I replied.
"What are you doing here?"
"Never mind", I said. "I need to get out of here. Can you unlock the gate?"
"Running won't be any good. We were just sent up here to open the gate for the rescue team. There are dozens of cars coming up the
road"
"Please, help me!", I shouted, a little louder than I had intended. Joe unlocked the gate, and swung it open.
"I suppose I could drive you down the road, but I can't leave the area", he said.
"We can hide in the car!" I was desperate now.
"Get in, then", he sighed. Weavile was first, jumping into the back seat. Instead of going in, I ran around the police car, and opened
the back compartment.
"Put Magnezone down here", I shouted to Espeon. Its large body floated around the vehicle, and was put gently down. The car suspension
protested heavily, but the crank shaft could bear the weight.
"Is that a UFO?", Joe asked, baffled.
"Nope", I replied and closed the cover, barely missing Magnezone's antenna. "Now, we have to go. Questions just delay us"

The next two hours went by painstakingly slow. I had to lie down behind the driver's seat, completely still. The other policeman woke
up five minutes later, but Joe convinced him that he had inhaled too much smoke, and should go home. Then Joe drove back to a parking
lot down the road, and left the car. I could hear voices all around the vehicle, the sirens never stopped, and several helicopters
passed by above us. After an hour or so, Joe came back to turn on the radio, so I could hear the official story of what had happened.
Apparently, some local youths had been testing home-made explosives near the service depot, resulting in a fire. The helicopter crashed
due to static electricity built up in the smoke. A TLA spokesperson was interviewed, denying the reports of gunfire. As he spoke, for
some reason I thought the rather poor cover story sounded extremely convincing, and almost forgot the real line of events for a
second.
It was past midnight when Joe was dismissed. He drove me home without saying a word. The radio kept reporting that the fire department
would soon have the fire under control, but there was a risk of dangerous chemicals in the area, so they couldn't go too close. I
guess the TLA wanted them out until they had removed all traces of their presence.
Luckily, Magnezone was still unconscious when we pulled him out of the car. We put it down in the garage while Weavile went to the
cave to fetch its Poké Ball.
"There is a microphone in the car", Joe explained as we stood in the garage waiting for Weavile. "Excuse the silence, but I couldn't
say anything"
"I'm fine with that", I said, realizing how un-fine I really was with everything else. First and foremost, I was extremely tired. My
ears hurt from all the noise, and my clothes smelled of smoke. I was also quite dirty, as I had crawled around on the ground and leant
towards rusty and greasy carriages.
"Goodnight, then", he said, put his index finger to his lips, and sat silently back into the car. I nodded and waved, and went back
into the house. I was badly in need of a bath and a night's sleep. I didn't even want to think about the fact that school started in
less than seven and a half hours. I got a feeling that if the TLA didn't get me soon, exhaustion would.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

raymondbl

what was the quote for?  ???

anyway, that chapter was great!  I love how you put in Joe and describe magnezone as a ufo :)  However, I never really understood how Julia and the agent got their "powers".  Was it by a potion?  or something else?  Overall, you did an Amazing job, keep it up!   ;D

Cobraroll

^Gah, I accidentally quoted my first post instead of modifying. Sorry!
(It's deleted now)

And the process of getting the powers... well, it involves using a deus ex machina and a few MacGuffins. I may reveal it later.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 20, 2010, 11:13:11 AMAnd the process of getting the powers... well, it involves using a deus ex machina and a few McMuffins. I may reveal it later.
*fixed

Anyway, great chapter. Can't wait for more.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheLegend

:o :o :o :o :o

<3<3<3<3<3

I read all of it in 1 day.  It's so amazing.  wow.  thanks for the story!

I just wanted to point out - after this chapter, it's kinda like the Halo 3.  Lots of firepower, incorporates elements, but nothing new.  TLA battles, etc... you need a plot twist now more than ever.  don't get me wrong, it's still amazing!  But this chapter is basically replaying some of the other chapters. 

Idea: You could write a chapter where you skipped many chapters, and the TLA basically has given up, all the pokemon are caught, etc... because we basically have all we need about catching the pokemon and TLA.  Now we need more like TLA realizing that no more people are being killed (except for TLA agents), and something happening with the parents.  OR: pherhaps  you could have more pokemon escape.  Just a few ideas... You don't have to take in any of my ideas... basically your decision. 

again, :o !

dahans

Haha no problem but I think Mark supported you more ;).

I liked this chapter especially the part with the UFO :D. (Magenzone is really ugly IMO)
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

Quote from: TheLegend on May 24, 2010, 05:55:30 PM:o :o :o :o :o

<3<3<3<3<3

I read all of it in 1 day.  It's so amazing.  wow.  thanks for the story!

I just wanted to point out - after this chapter, it's kinda like the Halo 3.  Lots of firepower, incorporates elements, but nothing new.  TLA battles, etc... you need a plot twist now more than ever.  don't get me wrong, it's still amazing!  But this chapter is basically replaying some of the other chapters. 

Idea: You could write a chapter where you skipped many chapters, and the TLA basically has given up, all the pokemon are caught, etc... because we basically have all we need about catching the pokemon and TLA.  Now we need more like TLA realizing that no more people are being killed (except for TLA agents), and something happening with the parents.  OR: pherhaps  you could have more pokemon escape.  Just a few ideas... You don't have to take in any of my ideas... basically your decision. 

again, :o !

Constructive feedback at its finest there. Thanks a lot for reading!

Indeed, I intend to have a chapter soon that will cover a couple of months. Not the next one, but the one after that, I think. There is still some more to tell before I can let time fly. Hopefully, that will include a plot twist or two.

At the time of writing, 93 Pokémon have emerged. Rob are in control of about half of them. I'd say the rest provide plenty to work with. Though, many will just be mentioned in a side sentence (how many remember Politoed?), and the wpc (words per catch) rate will decline a little soon. Most of the Pokémon not yet encountered are quite boring. There is also a possibility there will come more Pokémon in the future...

In the story so far, only six people have died (all offscreen). They were just TLA grunts killed by their own ricochets. At least one agent is petrified, that is, hit by an attack so strong it turned him to stone (as seen in the first, and if I recall correctly, fifth, Pokémon movie). As mentioned, only heartfelt Pokémon tears are able to revive a person/Pokémon from that state, so that agent(s) can be counted as dead for the time being. As a general rule, the Pokémon can neither kill nor wound, only knock out.

All in all, stay tuned for another chapter. I'm into an exam period now, so I can't write as much at the moment. Still, anybody feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions, questions, or in the worst case lawsuits. Speaking of legal stuff, it's on the first page (just a reminder).

Have a good day!

TheLegend

Thanks.  Exams been pretty hard?  Is it off school for you yet?

Cobraroll

School is all over Thursday next week, at latest.

However, my PC has crashed, only works in Safe Mode, and even then it's prone to random crashes. I just haven't wanted to write while the PC is in this condition, due to the chance of losing what I've written.

Anyway, I'm more than halfway finished with the next chapter, so I might just get it done and put up. I'll see if I get time on Wednesday (oral exams coming up...)

raymondbl

Wow, I'm a chapter behind. 

Good to see you back and no rush! 

FallenPianist

This. Is. Awesome.

I read chapter one to nine this morning and I'm now officially addicted.

Nicely done, Keep it up

SlowPokemon

Wow. I stumbled upon the story by chance.
It's rather good. Other than occasional repetitiveness (sorry to echo TheLegend) and a slight amount of cheesiness I like it. Don't get me wrong - the good outweighs the bad.
Keep writing! ^.^
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheLegend

TheLegend

sorry to double post, but now I'm really anxious.  Are you ok with me writing another pokemon story to write on NSM?  It's not going to be exactly like this one, but it's kind of like the anime... we're in a virtual gaming world.  so.... yeah.