News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

what do you play at school?

Started by killers4793, March 25, 2009, 06:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killers4793

i want to know what most orchestras and bands are playing because my music sucks other than that we are playing  Orff_ Carmina Burana full orchestra plus choir   :)

mantis985

Concert Band-  Gershwin stuff, Porgy and Bess, Wicked(Defying Gravity)
Jazz Band- a ton of stuff.  "Chameleon", some Tower of Power, idk theres a lot.  Im responsible for over 300 songs...
Percussion ensemble-a song I wrote, my arrangement of Mortal Kombat,"Tribal Beat Sound System", and Tumbao Talk.  And a brazilian samba thing.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

GreekGeek

We don't have an orchestra, just a choir.
Ave Maria, Hallelujah, Erständen is der heilig Christ and that kind of shit.

Really dull.

Shadoninja

play a choral version of best of queen :P
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

GreekGeek

They never would :P
That doesn't go along with the image of our school (dull and extremely old)

killers4793

force your teachers to at least get some fun classical music we just played overture to rienzi it was one of the best things i have played

FartherThanMusic

I'm not in a band at my school, but I know what they're playing because I watch them practice all the time.

Intermediate Band- John Williams Trilogy(Raider's March, Shindler's List theme, and Star Wars theme)

Jazz Band- Linus and Lucy, Chameleon, and something else. I forgot.
Practice hard, practice strong, practice everyday!

random_goldfish

Let's see...this year alone I've played two Carmen Suites, Dvorak's 8th Symphony, Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, some oringal film score from Star Wars, Danse Macabre, some Benjiman Britten, and some Khachaturian
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

Quote from: FartherThanMusic on April 01, 2009, 04:59:25 PMI'm not in a band at my school, but I know what they're playing because I watch them practice all the time.

Intermediate Band- John Williams Trilogy(Raider's March, Shindler's List theme, and Star Wars theme)

Jazz Band- Linus and Lucy, Chameleon, and something else. I forgot.

Mine is better...

Mussorski's Pictures at an Exibition.
Barber's Adagio for Strings
Danse Boheme from Carmen
An arrangement I did of Nobuo Uematsu's Clash on the Big Bridge. (The FF XII Version)
Country Gardens
Hymnsong of a Phillip Bliss
And a few selections from Zorro

random_goldfish

Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

ALPRAS

Im pushing myself to be a great pianist and this moment, Im learning the Concert Nº2 in C minor by Rachmaninoff (Best music in the music history)

killers4793

has any of you heard of carmina borana you cant beat that when we can only play it in a professional theater

random_goldfish

Yeah, Carmina Burana is a classic. I'm guessing that you're playing O' Foturna?