DS-i GBA Slot

Started by shane91c, March 10, 2009, 08:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you disappointed that Nintendo have removed the GBA slot from the DS-i? (No more Guitar Hero!!!)

HELL YEAH! :(
Not really...

Tranzlater

The DSi is being released in less than two weeks in Europe O_o
Oh joy.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

So I went to the preview thing yesterday, it's pretty cool.  The system is nice and compact, will support WPA with any game, and both the cameras are .3 megapixel.  Not that big of an issue; I'll just use my phone.  The shop is going to be totally separate from the Wii shop, so you'll have to buy a different set of points for it.  There's this nice little feature where you can just press the power button and it does a soft reset back to the DSi home menu, kind of like the PS button on the PSP, except it doesn't warn you.  I might go out and get one, considering my DS isn't really great shape.

me irl
[close]

Tranzlater

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 23, 2009, 10:11:40 AMSo I went to the preview thing yesterday, it's pretty cool.  The system is nice and compact, will support WPA with any game, and both the cameras are .3 megapixel.  Not that big of an issue; I'll just use my phone.  The shop is going to be totally separate from the Wii shop, so you'll have to buy a different set of points for it.  There's this nice little feature where you can just press the power button and it does a soft reset back to the DSi home menu, kind of like the PS button on the PSP, except it doesn't warn you.  I might go out and get one, considering my DS isn't really great shape.

Aww damn.
Nintendo, why'd you lie to us?
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Because they always do.

(See: Everything about the Wii that was promised)

me irl
[close]

musicguy49

Personnally, I don't really care...I don't really play GBA games anymore plus I still have my old GBA! ;D

Tranzlater

I may just get a GBA, and then get a DSi when my DS really does go down the crapper.
Or I might just get an emulator...
Probably not for long.

Wrydryn

I've dropped my DS lite a couple times and let me say the buttons can't handle a little drop. My L button is broken and the power switch is jammed. I'll just buy another DS lite when to price goes down because of the DSi. But the things I want in a DSi are better graphics, longer battery, and different Wi-Fi settings mine can't connect!

MasterPenguin

The DSi can connect to WPA secured networks. ;)

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Wrydryn

I can live without Wi-Fi.

BKLover

As it turns out, Nintendo is planning to make a Shop Channel for the Ds-i so that you can download and play your favorite Gameboy games to an SD card. :) Hope I've cleared some stuff up!
You can't cure stupid. House

(By the way, BKlover stands for Banjo Kazooie lover!:D)

Tranzlater

Quote from: BKLover on March 26, 2009, 08:23:44 AMAs it turns out, Nintendo is planning to make a Shop Channel for the Ds-i so that you can download and play your favorite Gameboy games to an SD card. :) Hope I've cleared some stuff up!

You mean like the wii virtual console?
Oh and the update that allows you to play channels directly from SD cards is here! Unfortunately, you can't read memory, which is what the SD cards are for so it's pointless.
I hope they implement a better system into the DSi, and also into the Wii (I had to link it to the thread, didn't I?)
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

Everyone already knew that.

And the SD card system is yet another awful failure by Nintendo.  All it does is temporarily move the data to the Wii system memory, which you could already do yourself.  You can't use any save data with it either.

me irl
[close]

tangy

I watched the thing for it on the nintendo channel and it looked really cool, actually. It's like a mini-wii. Which is why I'm not getting one. xD. I have a wii already, and I don't want to replace my DS with something that can't play the GBA games.

Also, without the GBA slot you can't migrate pokemon from your GBA pokemon games to your DS games.

Shadoninja

They should make a headbanging game for this.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman