News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

DS-i GBA Slot

Started by shane91c, March 10, 2009, 08:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you disappointed that Nintendo have removed the GBA slot from the DS-i? (No more Guitar Hero!!!)

HELL YEAH! :(
Not really...

Tranzlater

Of course you have.

IT'S NINTENDOINK, KIDS
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Tranzlater on May 25, 2009, 11:26:30 AMIt's a new revolution! Only £98054868484222.78!

Think you could convert that to $s for us Americans?

Tranzlater

Sure. $98054868484222.79

Spot the difference! That's what it's like to live in the UK. Over inflated prices and our stock market crashed!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

So, only 98 trillion dollars? That's not so bad!

I don't think our Gov't has that much...

SuperFireKirby

No, it doesn't. In fact, our dumbass government doesn't have a penny to spare.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

So, I got a DSi. It's pretty cool, and the L button works. Tell me if you want to hear about it.

KefkaticFanatic

My brother got one 3 days ago.  He seems to like it.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Screen looks great, but the sound is worse than the original DS I had previously. It's atrocious.

The downloadable games currently consist of Dr. Mario (which I bought), and magic tricks (which I didn't). Dr. Mario has no multiplayer for some reason. Still, it was free with the system.

The internet service is faster than I expected, but it's still a crawl compared to any PC. Not very useful either, as you can only use it when there is a compatible wireless router nearby, and if there is, chances are there's an actual computer nearby too.

The camera is, as we expected, a novelty.

Haven't tried the Sound function yet. Apparently you can edit music or something. Yeah, right...

Other than that, it's just a smaller, somewhat more powerful DS with slightly larger screens and slightly different buttons.

...Still, the L button works, so...

KefkaticFanatic

The fact that you can only use WPA security with DSi features is ridiculous.

me irl
[close]

WiiMan96

Quote from: Tranzlater on May 26, 2009, 02:14:18 AMSure. $98054868484222.79

Spot the difference! That's what it's like to live in the UK. Over inflated prices and our stock market crashed!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

You're not the only one. :P

Petpetfood

...We completely went off of topic now, reviewing the ds-i instead of the gba slot problem to begin with. I haven't got one yet, but I might get one, considering BOTH of my ds's have broke. The first one I dropped 2 years ago, and the one I have now, the R button does'nt work anymore. So ya ummmmm.

SirIngusBingus

What is it with the L and R buttons on the DS?

Petpetfood

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 17, 2009, 09:16:46 AMWhat is it with the L and R buttons on the DS?
Shigeru Miyamoto failed making them. Or it's the "Made in China" that screws us over. But I could still use my black ds lite that has the broken R button. I could deal with no drifting in mario kart ds. (not)

SuperFireKirby

There's really no upside to the removal of the GBA slot except more room for hardware. Thats about it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Except they added nothing of value.

me irl
[close]