News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

what is up with this website?

Started by Zintendo, February 28, 2009, 08:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zintendo

like their is never any new posts on the front page, and the drshnaps can go away if one of you leaders just pays for the full thing for this website.  fricken lazy as hell.  i like the old leader, around that time their was a full batch of updates every month.  Now this website is run by monkeys,  I have no  reason to visit here anymore.  also, i was EXTREMELY lucky to find this website with the drshnaps in it, i was waiting for like 2 months back when it first changed the domain name to go back.  every day i would check, and nothing.  now ive found it, but its been like half of a Year!!!    ??? ??? ??? so where is the updates and this website needs to get like new leaders or something.

I dont care if i don't sound professional, and I know I'm gonna hear crap.  But my basic point is that this website is so unprofessional now, like it's a dumb website that a 7 year old decided to make on webs.com now. 

GreekGeek

Okay, it's a rude and shameless description, but you're totally right in some parts. I don't agree with the way it goes as well, but we've made lots of complaints and it doesn't seem to work so I guess we'll just have to wait. And in the meantime, be a little more polite please.

Jamaha

Quotelike their is never any new posts on the front page

Of course there aren't, since there's nothing happening that would be worth posting there.

Quotedrshnaps can go away if one of you leaders just pays for the full thing for this website.

Indeed it would. However, Ninsheetmusic.net wouldn't come back. I can't just go and throw 10 bucks to a random domain registrar and get it back. It's taken. And since this is "a dumb website that a 7 year old decided to make on webs.com" what's the point of paying for it?

Quotei like the old leader

Yes, who wouldn't like Guan. But since his current lifestyle doesn't really allow time for running websites, what's there to do.

Quotearound that time their was a full batch of updates every month.

Indeed, there were. However, there were also lots of active updaters. Would the updates return if I got the sheet upload script done? Perhaps.

QuoteNow this website is run by monkeys,

Thank you for your opinion regarding the species of the administrative crew. However, I can assure you that at least I am 100% human (Homo sapiens).

QuoteI have no  reason to visit here anymore.

Then don't. No one is forcing you to.

Quotealso, i was EXTREMELY lucky to find this website with the drshnaps in it, i was waiting for like 2 months back when it first changed the domain name to go back.

There's nothing we could do about that. I tried contacting the host about renewing the domain, but alas, no reply. The domain name was snagged and is now advertising who knows what.

Quotethis website needs to get like new leaders or something.

And there's the answer! Any volunteers?

Quotethis website is so unprofessional

This all started as a fun little project to put some sheet music on the internet. This isn't a job. While this may come as a shock to many, I do in fact have things to do. Not much. Nothing too special, but still. Right now I'm studying for my physics exam, the result of which pretty much determines how I spend the rest of my life. But yeah, perhaps it isn't too important.

Quotelike it's a dumb website that a 7 year old decided to make on webs.com

That's what it started as. Guess the circle is now complete? It's always fun to hear constructive feedback on something you've made. Really.

My point is. This is a website. Not a corporation. It's meant to be fun. NSM has been a fun hobby for me for years now. But nowadays it seems all I get for it is crap. Yes, I get it. This site fails. Yes, I know. I'm an useless piece of shit that can't get anything done. No need to keep telling me that.

I want NSM to be a site where people can get sheet music from their favorite games. I want NSM to be a fun little community, something to visit for enjoyment. That's what it used to be, if it isn't that anymore. Perhaps I ruined it. Perhaps it's all my fault. But I haven't abandoned this site, and for as long as it still is alive and kicking, I won't.

HugoMeister

Completely

and Entirely

Dominated.

*applauds*

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Cobraroll

JaMaHa, I'm behind you on this. And my two øre so far are:

I'm pretty new to NSM, and piano in general. But I think it's safe to say, without NSM, I would never have started playing. The site disappeared two days after I had gotten Finale, and I would search for it every time I was on the Internet. The system as it was, seemed pretty darn good to me. Heck, we even had a Wikipedia article. The return of this site would be extremely appreciated by me.

As for "If we come back, would the active users do so too?":

Imagine that we finally got the system updated. That, late one evening, a topic from JaMaHa with seven exclamation marks in the title and several more inside the post, tells excited NSM users that the system is ready to roll on.
Three hours later, posts starts to roll in, congratulating the triumph. Excited members post the news on other game forums: "NSM is back! Still old domain name, but...!" And people come over to check. I bet a fair few of those who left, still arrange for other sites, and even if they feel that NSM has gone downhill, they are sure willing to check. Perhaps even see through their abandoned threads, thinking "Hey! I never got around to finish that!", looks at the responses, and posts something along the lines of "It's been a long time since (...) feel free to post your thoughts, I may check this topic from time to time".

Slowly, the forums are getting attention and new members, and this is the critical phase. If we manage to hold on the new members that may register because of the "OMG we're back!"-boom, the site will bloom once again.

So we should be able to recover. I'm pretty sure it will start going uphill. Perhaps it's time to rewrite our deleted Wikipedia article too?

As for the front page, perhaps it's time to post something along the lines of "We're recovering, and expect to be back soon", some cheery things that ensure visitors that we're not dying, but rather on the way back. And it may help the motivation too.

Come on, JaMaHa. You can do this, personally I'm hoping for by the end of March. And I'm looking forward to it. Good luck.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

GreekGeek

First I need to say that, JaMaHa, I never saw somebody owning another person that awesomely. Kudos :D
I agree with Cobraroll. Although I am a little impolite/impatient about this stuff myself, I think this really could work again. The things Cobraroll suggest, are great and we should do that. But only after JaMaHa fixed the thing, otherwise ppl will start wondering if this is recovering.

I'm willing to update the NSM article on WikiPedia if it's time, just let me know.

And can't we spread the article about the resurrection of NSM across the internet. For example, on www.gamemusicworld.net and such. I think a lot of ppl started arranging for other sites and if we post it on that sites too, we might get the ppl back.

JaMaHa good luck with everything (including physics, I know how damn hard it is/can be) and Cobraroll, you will always remain the man with hope and good ideas to me ;)

ALPRAS

Quote from: JaMaHa on February 28, 2009, 11:08:57 AMThat's what it started as. Guess the circle is now complete? It's always fun to hear constructive feedback on something you've made. Really.

My point is. This is a website. Not a corporation. It's meant to be fun. NSM has been a fun hobby for me for years now. But nowadays it seems all I get for it is crap. Yes, I get it. This site fails. Yes, I know. I'm an useless piece of shit that can't get anything done. No need to keep telling me that.

I want NSM to be a site where people can get sheet music from their favorite games. I want NSM to be a fun little community, something to visit for enjoyment. That's what it used to be, if it isn't that anymore. Perhaps I ruined it. Perhaps it's all my fault. But I haven't abandoned this site, and for as long as it still is alive and kicking, I won't.

Bravo! Im completely with you!
Like all the arrangers here, they arent professional arrangers. We only arrange because ITS FUNNY! Its a great hobby that I had the pleasure to start with this magnificent site that helped me a lot in everything!
A lot of people are saying that the site is going down because of his shity upload system that doesnt work. That isnt true
The site is going down cuz people like you are joining this site and thinks that this site is a company or something.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE SITE IS TO JOIN PEOPLE THAT LIKES VIDEOGAMES AND MUSIC, not to be an arranging company or something.
So please, if your not happy with what you have, go away and never come back.
I really happy with this site and Im glad that he exists.
I know that a lot of new people here were excited with their desire to show their musical skills by seeing their arrangement beeing accepted, but thats not really the objective of the site...
If you think that the site is dead, well, leave the site dead, but we like it just like it was.

Sry Zintendo but, YOU WERE DOMINATED (by Jamaha of course)

Quote from: JaMaHa on February 28, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
Quotethis website needs to get like new leaders or something.

And there's the answer! Any volunteers?

Im one of the volunteers! Im at anyone service!

NSM FOREVER!!!!

Nakah

Quote from: Zintendo on February 28, 2009, 08:52:59 AMlike their is never any new posts on the front page, and the drshnaps can go away if one of you leaders just pays for the full thing for this website.  fricken lazy as hell.  i like the old leader, around that time their was a full batch of updates every month.

First off, it's not a matter of laziness but more of an inability to rectify certain things that went different. You seem to miss that this site has had two rather major problems that occurred in which the site pretty much had to start from scratch again. First problem happened when the servers crashed and the forums were completely eliminated. That ended the golden age that this site had going, if that's what you're reffering to when you speak of the full batches of updates every month. After this, the site owner, G-Han, decided to resign from his administrative position due to being unable to fit nsm into his increasingly busy Life. The staff soon began to fade away as their lives too became far too busy to put the effort in that they once did.

QuoteI have no  reason to visit here anymore.  also, i was EXTREMELY lucky to find this website with the drshnaps in it, i was waiting for like 2 months back when it first changed the domain name to go back.  every day i would check, and nothing.  now ive found it, but its been like half of a Year!!!

Next major issue to occur was on September 20th, when the site's domain expired. This created an issue for JaMaHa(Who was now the site's owner at this point), for G-Han was not easy to contact(being that he lives in Netherlands) and there was no way to get a domain to direct to the server for the site. The server was payed for by an unaffiliated dutch man who was nowhere to be found either(or at least he said he'd get the server back up running, but this never happened). So JaMaHa had very limited options(and he himself has greater priorites as well). Finally JaMaHa was able to pull through and get the site up single-handedly, though his method isn't certain to me other than perhaps preforming some sort of negotiation with drshnaps.com so that we could link with their server. Don't complain about the domain name, it's all that can be done for now.

Quote??? ??? ??? so where is the updates and this website needs to get like new leaders or something.

I've been the only active staff member since August and I was able to get a few updates out before the domain incident occurred. JaMaHa hasn't refused the addition of any staff members, and people have offered. I wouldn't disagree to say that JaMaHa hasn't gone 100% all out on trying to get the site up, though I also don't blame him because he is alone in managing this site right now.

In the end, it's not the fault of JaMaHa that the site is in such a bad shape. It's the fault of a series of events that are ingredients to killing off a website. I think you should acknowledge that the site is still recovering and there are many difficulties in attempting to return it to it's previous state, instead of appearing as a pretentious prick who makes ignorant assumptions about the integrity and care of the staff for the site. The site is coming back, but it is crippled by it's limitations. If anything, you should be grateful that JaMaHa has been willing to run this site and put forth the effort to keep it running when he has little to no help and has things to do of his own.

mantis985

Quote from: Nakah on February 28, 2009, 07:10:15 PMIn the end, it's not the fault of JaMaHa that the site is in such a bad shape. It's the fault of a series of events that are ingredients to killing off a website. I think you should acknowledge that the site is still recovering and there are many difficulties in attempting to return it to it's previous state, instead of appearing as a pretentious prick who makes ignorant assumptions about the integrity and care of the staff for the site. The site is coming back, but it is crippled by it's limitations. If anything, you should be grateful that JaMaHa has been willing to run this site and put forth the effort to keep it running when he has little to no help and has things to do of his own.

I agree 100%

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: JaMaHa on February 28, 2009, 11:08:57 AMPost.

How about you upload this to the front page to make people realise what has happened?  And possibly stop complaining?

me irl
[close]