News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What Instrment(s) Do you play?

Started by JazzBassoon, February 21, 2009, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Instrment(s) Do you play?

Piccolo
3 (4%)
Flute
11 (14.7%)
Oboe/ English Horn
2 (2.7%)
Clarinet
10 (13.3%)
Bass Clarinet
3 (4%)
E- Flat Clarinet
1 (1.3%)
Bassoon
2 (2.7%)
Contrabassoon
0 (0%)
Alto Sax
11 (14.7%)
Tenor Sax
6 (8%)
Bari Sax
4 (5.3%)
French Horn
3 (4%)
Trumpet
7 (9.3%)
Trombone
4 (5.3%)
Tuba
3 (4%)
Euphonium/ Baritone
4 (5.3%)
Violin
13 (17.3%)
Viola
3 (4%)
Cello
6 (8%)
Double Bass
3 (4%)
Harp (Stringed
3 (4%)
Piano
67 (89.3%)
Timpani
6 (8%)
Percussion
14 (18.7%)
Other
24 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 75

GreekGeek

Piano: 7 years of lesson and almost professional (played at some national concourses and stuff)
Keyboards: 5 years and self-taught
Accordion: 1 year and self-taught
Jaw's Harp: 1,5 and self-taught
Bass Guitar: 1,5 year and self-taught (but I do not own one)
Drums: 0,5 year and self-taught (and I also don't own one)
Percussion: 1 year and self-taught
Melodica: 2 years and "self-taught"

shane91c

Piano (I can only play songs with one hand except for Mario 64 Ending)
Guitar (completely hopeless at it)
Armpits
I think I could play drums but have never tried...
Recorder just a little bit...

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

KefkaticFanatic

What.  You have all these obscure instruments, but no guitar?

me irl
[close]

Brassman388

The only obscure intrument i could think of is the timpany... really, who's a professional timpany player?

The rest sound's pretty legit.

Shadoninja

People can be timpanists, but are most likely just percussionists.
you want a real obscure instrument, try the morin khuur or the waterphone.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Brassman388

GreekGeek

Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 21, 2009, 05:04:59 PMWhat.  You have all these obscure instruments, but no guitar?

I was wondering too. So much brass and woodwinds, and no guitars, accordion, keyboards, synths and so much...

KefkaticFanatic

Apparently the guy has only played in an orchestra and has been kept away from ANY OTHER INSTRUMENT EVER.

me irl
[close]

GreekGeek

Mommie, what's that strange thing with snares on it?

Bassoony, don't touch it!

;D

Qew

Alto Sax - ugh ^_^; pretty ok at it... 3 lazy~ years at it so I'm not too bad

Piano - self taught ^_^; for like 8 months ... I sound so noobish on it - am currently [trying to] learn Le Coucou by Louis-Claude Daquin (one more page to go 9_9)

Organ - wanted to be self-taught... but the school wouldn't let me near the organ without a teacher the first few times and I got all wrapped up and confused and excited I ended up inadvertently saying "YES I WANT TO LEARN ORGAN" >_> fairly loudly sooo...

Organ - first ACTUAL lesson tomorrow (I can't wait) 9_9 but I can already play toccata and fugue in D minor ^_^; well 3 more pages left of that fugue to learn....

ummmm... my friend also taught me how to play "The Take Over, The Breaks Over" by Fall Out Boy on an electric guitar

heh my friend's a timpani player 9_9 ... only timpani... he's a strange child

BKLover

I only play Piano, but I'm talented at it, or so everybody says. :P I'd have some vids of me playin' on Youtube and the like, but I can't get my sis to video me >:(, and I don't have one myself, :( sooooo....
You can't cure stupid. House

(By the way, BKlover stands for Banjo Kazooie lover!:D)

SirIngusBingus

As I'm new, I figured I'd post here. I play the sax as my main instrument (5 years), but I also play piano to a certain extent ('bout 6 months), and I can fake the clarinet, flute, oboe, and trombone (I've had to play them each with a group at some point in time). I also play the squeezebox, but I would imagine nobody cares about that.

Oh and I occasionally sing with my band or with the school chorus when they need more baritones. (The only reason I'm in that is because there are 91 girls in the chorus, and 8 other guys.)

Sirus

I play
Cello for 5 years studying privately with a teacher
Piano self-taught (i suck though)
Recorder (somehwat)

dahans

I "only" play the piano for "just" 9 years. I am quite good in my opinion, although I am far too lazy to win a competition. :D 6 years ago i took part in several competitions and i won one:). The judges always told me that I am such a talent but I practice far too less. And today I am used to training 3-times a week. Moreover, I really regret that I was not more ambitious, because I could be much better now. But it is too late...
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: GreekGeek on March 22, 2009, 03:18:03 AM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on March 21, 2009, 05:04:59 PMWhat.  You have all these obscure instruments, but no guitar?

I was wondering too. So much brass and woodwinds, and no guitars, accordion, keyboards, synths and so much...

I play accordion, or at least, the squeezebox.