News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

What Instrment(s) Do you play?

Started by JazzBassoon, February 21, 2009, 09:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Instrment(s) Do you play?

Piccolo
3 (4%)
Flute
11 (14.7%)
Oboe/ English Horn
2 (2.7%)
Clarinet
10 (13.3%)
Bass Clarinet
3 (4%)
E- Flat Clarinet
1 (1.3%)
Bassoon
2 (2.7%)
Contrabassoon
0 (0%)
Alto Sax
11 (14.7%)
Tenor Sax
6 (8%)
Bari Sax
4 (5.3%)
French Horn
3 (4%)
Trumpet
7 (9.3%)
Trombone
4 (5.3%)
Tuba
3 (4%)
Euphonium/ Baritone
4 (5.3%)
Violin
13 (17.3%)
Viola
3 (4%)
Cello
6 (8%)
Double Bass
3 (4%)
Harp (Stringed
3 (4%)
Piano
67 (89.3%)
Timpani
6 (8%)
Percussion
14 (18.7%)
Other
24 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Brassman388

Quote from: Dan The Tuba Man on October 21, 2009, 07:05:04 PMThe best intrument in the world the TUBA!! :) :) When it is played well it has the most wonderful sound. Everyone just assume all Tuba's do is play loud and low, but they can play nice peacful melodies as well.

Agreed. They need to hear the Tuba soloist from Bydlo of Pictures of an Exibition. It's fantastic.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: Dan The Tuba Man on October 21, 2009, 07:05:04 PMThe best intrument in the world the TUBA!! :) :) When it is played well it has the most wonderful sound. Everyone just assume all Tuba's do is play loud and low, but they can play nice peacful melodies as well.

I agree that a good tuba can be amazing, but one thing about it is: NO JAZZ TUBA!!!! I hate it... theres one at our school... its awful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Shadoninja

my friend last year played the tuba in jazz band. she even had a solo but it was hard to hear her.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

origamiguy

I play flute and alto sax.
And iPhone Ocarina (does this count?)
The game.

Brassman388

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on November 03, 2009, 06:16:33 PMI agree that a good tuba can be amazing, but one thing about it is: NO JAZZ TUBA!!!! I hate it... theres one at our school... its awful

I play Jazz Tuba, I played all to bass parts for Sing sing sing. Which was amazing.

sipan1234

SuperFireKirby

guitar's easy to learn. Took me only a few weeks to get the hang of.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

sipan1234

fabbemannen

I probably could have pressed the "Other" button a couple of times ;)

Piano is my main instrument, except for that I play:
Guitar, bass, drums, mallet-instruments, ocarina, Spilåpipa (I have no idea what that is called in english. It's a swedish instrument, kinda like a flute), recorder, organ, keyboard/synth, lergök (when I translate it, it says Ocarina, which isn't correct...it's a different instrument, but still a flute), ukulele, panflute, a weird panflute from Thailand, harmonica and accordion.

Don't think that I can get in anymore instruments right now, but most of them are here =D

MaestroUGC

Quote from: fabbemannen on January 08, 2011, 03:28:47 PM...except for that I play:
Guitar, bass, drums, mallet-instruments, ocarina, Spilåpipa (I have no idea what that is called in english. It's a swedish instrument, kinda like a flute), recorder, organ, keyboard/synth, lergök (when I translate it, it says Ocarina, which isn't correct...it's a different instrument, but still a flute), ukulele, panflute, a weird panflute from Thailand, harmonica and accordion.

Do you play anything that isn't some variation of the fife or flute?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

fabbemannen

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 08, 2011, 04:17:34 PMDo you play anything that isn't some variation of the fife or flute?
Piano, guitar, bass, drums, mallet-instruments, organ, keyboard/synth, ukulele, harmonica and accordion.

*taking out some goodies*

SuperFireKirby

Hmmmm... wish I could update my vote on here. As of now I play piano, many forms of percussion, guitar, bass guitar, vocals( I think vocals are technically considered a musical instrument), a little bit of flute, ocarina, and piccolo. I really want to learn to play the saxophone. T'would be epic indeed.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 09, 2011, 07:37:36 AMHmmmm... wish I could update my vote on here. As of now I play piano, many forms of percussion, guitar, bass guitar, vocals( I think vocals are technically considered a musical instrument), a little bit of flute, ocarina, and piccolo. I really want to learn to play the saxophone. T'would be epic indeed.
What kind of Ocarina can you play? I mostly play a mountain ocarina, but I have normal ones too.

SuperFireKirby

Don't really know it's technical name seeing as it was my friends, and after intense scrubbing and soap action, became mine. Its a got 4 holes on top. Pretty high pitch. I mostly self taught, besides a few youtube instruction vids.