News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

What's your favorite Mario RPG?

Started by Purple1222119, February 16, 2009, 04:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mario RPG?

Super Mario RPG
8 (44.4%)
Paper Mario
2 (11.1%)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
5 (27.8%)
Super Paper Mario
0 (0%)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
1 (5.6%)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Purple1222119

Personally, my favorite is Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The story line was great, and it was funny and unique. Next in line would be M&L: Partners in Time for above reasons, except for the storyline not being as great. Next would be Paper Mario: The 1000-year Door, there isn't really much of a storyline, and I could never beat the final boss. Then Super Paper Mario, they took away the Battle System which made the game incredibly easy ;_;. Then Paper Mario, mainly because I never got past the last level. The last Super Mario RPG ONLY BECAUSE I never finished it.
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

White Wolfos

Creative poll, should i say. What inspired you?  ::)

My favorite is, as I said in the other poll, Paper Mario TTYD. Head there to see why.

I see you like easy games. fair.

Purple1222119

LOL
True, I like easy games. But Super Mario Galaxy has some challenging levels. O_O Not to mention I never beat M&L:SS. I never beat the final boss ;_;

random_goldfish

My favourite is Mario RPG. It was a simple game but it was quirky and very enjoyable. The battles were fun and the text is entertaining. I loved the music and I think the game was a great gateway for people into the RPG scene.

I have to admit though it was tough chosing that over the Paper Mario games.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

The-Real-Link

Mario RPG! GENO LIVES!!!! ahem...sorry...

random_goldfish

Geno is so hardcore...he needs to come back somehow.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Tranzlater

Quote from: random_goldfish on February 18, 2009, 01:26:23 PMGeno is so hardcore...he needs to come back somehow.
He's owned by Square.
Corporate bastards.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

Merlin

Definitely Paper Mario. :)
Why? Because it's awesome. Oh, and it's the only Mario RPG I own. ;)
I actually also have Super Paper Mario... but I actually don't consider it an RPG...

Shadoninja

Quote from: Merlin on March 25, 2009, 12:01:55 PMDefinitely Paper Mario. :)
Why? Because it's awesome. Oh, and it's the only Mario RPG I own. ;)
I actually also have Super Paper Mario... but I actually don't consider it an RPG...

it's more of a platformer with rpg elements.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Gu4n

Super Mario RPG, because it was my first experience with a Mario RPG (although it was a ROM back then) and I often stick with first-experiences.

Actually, I liked Mario & Luigi 3 better than its precessors. And Luigi is even funnier than before, I lolled so many times during the playthrough. =')

Purple1222119

Quote from: G-Han on March 25, 2009, 03:33:18 PMActually, I liked Mario & Luigi 3 better than its precessors. And Luigi is even funnier than before, I lolled so many times during the playthrough. =')

M&L3?! How did you get that? ;_; You live in Japan?

tangy

I've never played the Mario & Luigi ones, so just between the other ones, definitely paper mario the thousand year door. It was the only one I could play over again without getting bored. And it's one of my all time favs. :3 Then paper mario, then super mario RPG, then super paper mario.

I have yet to beat the boss in super mario RPG. I'm right there too. n_n;

I hope they bring back the battle system for the next paper mario. Super paper mario was really boring without it. xD. Too easy. I almost cried 'cause the final boss was so easy. xD.