News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Midi to mus converter

Started by Merlin, February 07, 2009, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Hi!
Do you happen to know if there is a program which can convert midi files to mus? I've already googled it, but I found just one program that doesn't work at all.
I'm not asking for such a program because I want to turn the midis from vgmusic to sheet music but because I composed something using Anvil Studio and now I'd like to play it on piano, so I need it as a mus file...
Can you help me? :)

HugoMeister

Finale can open midi's into mus.

Just select the .mid file type from the dropdown box thing when you're opening a file.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Merlin

Well, unfortunately I just have the demo version of finale 2008, so I can't save or print it... and finale 2005, which I use to arrange my submissions (xD), can't open midi files.
Okay, I just got an other idea: is there some (hopefully not too illegal xD) way to get a newer verion of finale which can open midi files for free? :P

kotorfanboy

Well, you can get any of the 2008 or 2009 versions of Finale from torrents. The most basic version of Finale (Finale Notepad) that can edit music does cost a little bit, assuming that they took down links to download the 2008 ones.

I'd recommend getting a torrent, but if you want to stay legal, search for a download link to Finale Notepad 2008, because that is free.

musicguy360

Quote from: Merlin on February 07, 2009, 01:54:02 PMWell, unfortunately I just have the demo version of finale 2008, so I can't save or print it... and finale 2005, which I use to arrange my submissions (xD), can't open midi files.
Okay, I just got an other idea: is there some (hopefully not too illegal xD) way to get a newer verion of finale which can open midi files for free? :P

look on the old downloads on the finale website, notepad 2008 should be there (which is free)

Merlin

Wow, thanks for the hint! :D
I've downloaded Finale Notepad 2008a as a demo version years ago, because the full version was 100$ or something like that... I didn't know that there was a free version out there! :o