News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

"Fixing the Sheets" Project II

Started by Brassman388, January 31, 2009, 08:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Most of them need a little more than just that.

Maretocks

But just for now, is what I mean.

So I'll reformat them, make a nice-looking PDF and upload them, then later on I'll work on fixing the arrangement as whole for each, and re-reupload them. It's just a suggestion.

'Kay. I'll convert the BK and Kirby songs that can be, and I'll fix all the Banjo Kazooie songs and Kirby songs that need doing so.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Olimar12345

im re-arranging flatzone from ssbm.

nobody do that....
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WiiMan96

Nah. Sorry, I was a little bored. I'll stop screwing with you now.

kirby_superstar

Herm. It doesn't appear as if the Kirby section was readily fixed by anyone who claimed that they would... I however have started. I shall not let my uneducated arrangements look embarrassing to the site, lol. I started with Bubbly Clouds and Marx' Theme (as I enjoy those). I'm double-checking the format for font and whatnot to ensure success. Also, I'm adding dynamics and all that jazz. I don't have all the free time in the world however, so it'll probably take me a month or so to clean them up and arrange some new ones hopefully. ^_^ It wouldn't really take long to just do quick clean-ups. But, I feel as if they deserve more effort than that.

In the olden days, you could really really get away with just copying MIDI tracks. xD I've learned a lot about music theory and composition since then though. Ahaha, I don't think I knew anything about cadences or chordal voices or any of that jazz a few years ago... BUT, planning on a music major, I've taken the liberty of learning, or trying. ;D

So anyway, yes, I will clean-up Kirby. My arrangements at the very least. And as DekuTrombonist said a while back...many of them need a bit more than a little reformatting...lmao

EDIT: Finished, just gotta upload now, TOMORROW, maybe ;)
x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

pumpy_heart

To whomever is fixing Zelda sheets-
"Renado's House" from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess should be in E major. Needs reformatting as well.
My laptop is down or I'd do it right now.

pumpy_heart

The Golden Sun section has been completely fixed. I will fix the remaining of my sheets, all 5-6 of them, before too long.

DonValentino

"Something Peculiar" from Pikmin 2 is incomplete. The original song is about 45 secs.

Also... Do we have a wiki?  :o
I really care on the quality of arrangements, and I can convert any printable file into PDF easily... Sign me in!  :D

EDIT: I have some replacements on my submission thread. I've replaced so far:

"Baby Park" (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)
     "Minish Village" (The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
     "Story" (The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
     "Temple of Droplets" (The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
     "Impa's Odd Arrival / Fairy Fountain" (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons) - Under the name of it's original arranger.

Just updated my submission post to include my Dragon Roost Island from WW replacement I plan to submit whenever the next update is...  :P

Olimar12345

I'll fix something peculiar-as I am in the process of revising all of my sheets.

pumpy_heart

As noted above, the entire Golden Sun section is fixed.

Ragster2448

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PMIt’s time that this thread is active again.  This project needs some focus and this is what I’m going to attempt to do. I have compiled a list on our abandoned wikia of every sheet currently on the site. Click here for the link.

The list on the pages are formatted in the following way:

Song Name: The name of the sheet as it’s listed on the site
Arranger: The arranger of the sheet as it’s listed on the site
Good: No fixing is required.
Fix: Fixing is required.
N/A: The sheet is awaiting review.
Comments: If the sheet needs fixing, notes about what’s wrong with it E.g. lack of/improper formatting, missing notes, impossible chords, etc.
Editor: the editor of the sheet.

If I could get every arranger who is currently working on replacements, list all of their replacements currently in progress or currently not submitted so that we may get the editor sections up to date and then we’ll be able to see which sheets are available.

Even if you can’t arrange then you can help with checking sheets for errors so that arrangers have an easier job.

Every week or two, I will post either an entire series (E.g. Mario, Zelda, Etc.) or a selection of games within a series (E.g. Super Mario Bros., Link to the past, etc.) or an assortment from the “More…” section. Those will be the focus for the week.

I’m not going to impose a limit but to maximize accuracy and keep the energy and momentum strong, I’m going to suggest only working on a few sheets at a time.

If you would like to help, please sign up for Quality Assurance and/or Arranger.

Team Members:
1) Shadoninja (Quality Assurance, Arranger)
2) WarioMan98 (Arranger)
3) Olimar12345 (Arranger)

We may need people to convert MUS files to PDF.

I'd love to help out, I can be a PDF converter.

Shadoninja

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 03, 2011, 08:51:11 AMAlso... Do we have a wiki?  :o

we have a wikia that stemmed from an idea to get NSM on wikipedia and hasn't seen much activity because we decided that there wouldn't be much information on it that couldn't already be on the main site. I decided to use our wikia because I know how to edit it and others could edit in information.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fingerz

Quote from: Shadoninja on October 02, 2011, 09:58:35 PMTeam Members:
1) Shadoninja (Quality Assurance, Arranger)
2) WarioMan98 (Arranger)
3) Olimar12345 (Arranger)
4) Ragster2448 (PDF Converter)

We may need people to convert MUS files to PDF.
Don't mind helping with all the jobs above.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn