"Fixing the Sheets" Project II

Started by Brassman388, January 31, 2009, 08:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

Yoshi's island- Hop Hop donut lifts- the measures after 42 is just the same piece repeated, there's nothing significantly different so it there could be a repeat on bar 3 and 42. also, bar 3-10 could be repeated and bars 19-26 could use a first and second ending repeat. bars 35-42 would also have a first and second ending.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

I'm fixing up the Banjo Kazooie section and I need someone's opinion on the time in Clanker's Cavern.

Should it be:
  • Triplets in 4/4 (which it currently is)?
  • Swung quavers in 4/4?
  • Or change it to 12/8?

master_gamer38

I think it would make a good 12/8.
Triplets are way too excessive, swinging it seems off, because it isn't really swung. But that's just my opinion.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

The Deku Trombonist

Alright, I'll give 12/8 a shot then.

master_gamer38

My dad is a music major, and I had him listen to the song. He thought either 6/8 or 12/8. The reason he said was 6/8 was because most people don't like 12/8. Iunno
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Brassman388

I like 12/8, because you can conduct/treat it like if it were 4/4. With the exceptions of the triplets.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 29, 2010, 12:16:29 AMI like 12/8, because you can conduct/treat it like if it were 4/4. With the exceptions of the triplets.
That's kinda what I was thinking.

pumpy_heart

I posted a long time ago, but I have done all the sheets that I arranged and they are in my topic.
All except Golden Sun. I claim this whole section. I've been updating them for a while now, as many just need a format change. They will all be uploaded simultaneously and in a huge batch. Shall all look amazing like it should haha. :)

Shadoninja

I started fixing the castlevania stuff.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Olimar12345

im gonna try to clean up the kirby section...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I claim the Zelda section in the name of Deku!  :P

But yeah, great stuff! Keep it up and we should have this place fixed up in no time  ;)

pumpy_heart

Guess it doesn't hurt saying out here, but I'm working on fixing the entire Golden Sun section as well as my own stuff.

Maretocks

I'll reformat everything in the Banjo-Kazooie section, and any that Olimar hasn't done in the Kirby section. These will just be format fixes. I don't even want to mention "The Halberd" from Kirby Superstar. >.< Is that acceptable?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

The Deku Trombonist

Maretocks

It's painful to even look at.

So I'm cool to just fix the title/composer etc for all these?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>