News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

I'm quite pleased this site won't die!

Started by Eclipse, January 31, 2009, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse

Though I am getting tired of being all sad each time it goes down for months at a time...
Regardless I'll probably never leave this fantastic archive and am going to put a video of Tree Top Town (the most fun song I've learned from this site) up on youtube eventually, because I noticed there isn't one.

I'm also glad to see so many people I recognize still here!

Er... So who here likes to improvise their own music rather than learning from sheets? I'm finding myself preferring to play based on my emotions rather than ink lately, it's a lot of fun!  ;D

The-Real-Link

Hey clipse, I wondered when you'd show up! Yeah, I do a LOT of improv. That's mostly what I use this site's arrangements for is melodies and basic harmonies, and then I just improv the rest.

Brassman388

Improve, as in make up your own melody to an existing harmony?

Eclipse

Quote from: Brassman388 on January 31, 2009, 07:47:34 PMImprove, as in make up your own melody to an existing harmony?

Improv, as in take a seat, push the power button (if you've got one), then play.
Just play whatever comes out!

shane91c

Anyone who is not pleased that the site won't die, needs to die. Or at least not be here. :)

Keep up the good work NSM!

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

Gooch

I'd sort of forgotten about the site until Hugo posted the link that the site was back up :) needless to say, i was excited!

shane91c

This site is great. If it didn't exist I may never have found out how to play my favorite video game tunes :P

^ Some active members would be nice.... :(

Main NSM Site

Eclipse

I'm actually kind of ashamed that I only submitted one song to the site...
I need to give back more... <_<|l

Tranzlater

Hang on...I just realised you said you were 'Quite' Pleased...
If you really wanna put more in, show some enthusiasm.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

GreekGeek

Quote from: Tranzlater on March 22, 2009, 08:39:28 AMHang on...I just realised you said you were 'Quite' Pleased...
If you really wanna put more in, show some enthusiasm.

Is that some kind of serious illness that you'll die from in the end :o?

Tranzlater

Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.