Anime and Manga suggestions.

Started by The-Real-Link, January 24, 2009, 11:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

InfinitySoul

Quote from: Bubbles on April 02, 2015, 11:23:19 AMI must have misunderstood something Decim said at the beginning, because for some reason for the first few episodes I thought the couples that came in were literally couples, as in the romantic sense. I was slightly horrified when the old man and young boy walked in...

That made me die of laughter, thank you.

Jompa

First ep of Hibike Euphonium was pretty good, and will definitely be the guilty pleasure of any school band-person for the coming weeks. It basically is K-on, just with school band. But I doubt it will live up to KyoAni standards... (this is ofc just me being hipster, boosted by my love for some of the older Kyoani-shows...)
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I just watched the movie Mind Game. IT WAS INCREDIBLE.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

Just completed series Ergo Proxy.  Very good bleak scifi/dystopia with a lot of food for thought.  Has a bit of an issue keeping things together towards the end but overall is worth the watch.  Only 23 episodes.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 24, 2015, 01:38:10 AMJust completed series Ergo Proxy.  Very good bleak scifi/dystopia with a lot of food for thought.  Has a bit of an issue keeping things together towards the end but overall is worth the watch.  Only 23 episodes.
Just looked it up and it sounds pretty good. I may give it a watch in the near future.

Jompa

I just finished Bakuman. after watching it for about a month (purposely dragging it out, because it was so good that I wanted it too last). It's the best thing I've seen in over a year!!!! It was great. It's one of my top 20 favorite shows, and it's been a while since I last found one of those.
It was good, so if people have time on their hands, watch it. 3 seasons, 75 episodes in total.
It's extremely similar to Uchuu Kyoudai (the best show ever made in this universe) in quality, excitement and story.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Just curious, what's your top ten list of anime, Jompa?

Jompa

Something like this:
Spoiler

First place by a long shot: Uchuu Kyoudai (weird how it is the only title on the list that I actually watched during its airing (edit: actually not true: I followed From the New World and Little Busters! too))

Sharing second pretty evenly (coincidentally, these are shows I find myself rewatching time and time again:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
From the New World
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Little Busters!
Kanon 2006
Clannad
Welcome to the NHK!
Revolutionary Girl Utena (wouldn't dare a rewatch though!)
Fist of the North Star (WOULD dare a rewatch!)

"Random bunch of honorable mentions" (I did this list short):
Eureka Seven
Bakemonogatari
Eden of the East
Cowboy Bebop
Kaleido Star
Tatami Galaxy
Bakuman.
Kokoro Connect
Kids on the Slope
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Nana
Princess Tutu
Psycho-Pass (excluding the second season)
Chobits
Penguindrum
Monster
Level E

[close]
This is just a list of what I enjoy, so (especially at the honorable mentions) quality and overall polishedness and perfectness matters little in comparison to the enjoyment I personally felt (though they're all actually good)
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

^I rewatched From the New World again recently and I loved it so much~

Jompa

Its such a great show! I definitely know that I'll rewatch it in the future, most likely even several times. That show brought on one the craziest hangovers.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Jompa

Another sequel to Bakemonogatari announced! That is great! Hopefully the movie will come soon too.
Birdo for Smash

Dude

So the Free! Dub is out.

It's so painful.