Nana1Popo2's Arrangements (Updated 5/06/12) Wind Waker Medley MP3 & Performance!

Started by Nana1Popo2, January 20, 2009, 05:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garlicbananas

Thank you very much.  I love all of your arrangements, keep up the great work!
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Nana1Popo2

Updated this song, hopefully for the last time? I need comments on it, please! Hopefully my marching band can play this as a stand tune this year! Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

[GC] Super Smash Bros. Melee - "Dr. Mario (Fever)" - Nana1Popo2
MUS MP3

- also, is there a way to make Rim clicks for Bass Drums? I know there is for a concert drum; but marching? The reason the clicks look weird now, is because i pasted what i had from Finale 2009.. just to get the playback.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Nana1Popo2

triple post.. but update! Mortal Kombat is finally finished. and at the point to where I like it! like.. 98.5%! please tell me your thoughts!

Arrangement 4 (the FINAL and finished arrangement): MUS MP3 (vocals are included! check the MUS file to see!)

EDIT: updated links.

EDITEDIT: updated links. again. this IS the final version. haha. allll done.

Nana1Popo2

Wow! i have a bad habit of not posting on here for a long time... but I enjoy all of your thoughts as fellow musicians!!

Recently I took on the task of arranging a Zelda medley to play at my last spring concert by request of my director. So, I did.. finally, and through many long hours of working on it, I completed it, and we actually played it at the concert (which was last thursday)! This was the first time our band has performed an arranged piece! So, I was pretty happy.... haha. So here is the MP3 of the arrangement, as well as the performance of us at the concert! (I am the one conducting) Also, keep in mind we only worked on this piece for about 2 weeks; so it isn't necessarily perfect, but, it was actually one of our better runthroughs (like the beginning.. is a little shaky)

MUS MP3 Concert Performance (I edited the Youtube video, so the beginning may seem boring to listen to, so feel free to skip ahead to the actual playing)

You might notice that a lot of the selections from my arrangement follow the "Wind Waker Symphonic Movement" by the Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony. :)

Thoughts? Comments? Reactions?

garlicbananas

I absolutely enjoyed that arrangement and would love to play it myself.  When you said a lot followed the Symphonic movement version, I didn't know that meant pretty much all of it, but that's a good thing.  The only critiques I have are probably due to your band.  First and foremost, there's no bassoon part.  However, you have no bassoon player so it's all good.  Also, being a French Horn player, I noticed the horn part wasn't represented quite as well as the symphonic movement version, particularly at 75-84 and various sections of Outset Island.  That being said, your horn section may be rather weak and thus couldn't handle such difficult parts.  Overall it was excellent and I look forward to hearing your future arrangements.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, please check out my arrangement of S.S. Anne for Horn Trio.  It was done on notepad so it doesn't follow coda patterns but they are written in.  http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.msg139630#msg139630
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Nana1Popo2

Thank you! Yeah, it was a good majority. haha. and yes, unfortunately our horn section isnt very strong. which. is very sad. so, ignore that. (even though parts were fairly... straightforward?) but thank you for the criticism!

And i would like to check out your arrangement, but the links have been outtdated. If you use mediafire, i reccomend getting a free account and uploading your work. therefore, files wont be deleted over time! :)

garlicbananas