News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

MP3 files

Started by Nana1Popo2, January 07, 2009, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

i wasnt sure where to post this...

does anyone know any song writing music (lioke Finale, etc.) that can use mp3 files, like Finale does with midis? like at a low or free price?

just wondering, thank you!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

ALPRAS

If you have the full version of Finale, you can record your song as a WAV file.
Just go to "File" - - "Special Save" - - "Save as Audio File"

KefkaticFanatic

Impossible, mp3s are encrypted differently than midis.  It just won't happen.

me irl
[close]

random_goldfish

Higher versions of Finale have an option under file called "Export to audio file' and that makes a .wav file. You won't have that on plain old Notepad though. If you have a Wave studio-type programme on your computer you can always record it via 'Speaker mix' and if you have a media converter you can change it from a .wav into an mp3.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Nana1Popo2

hmm, does that work on Print Music?

random_goldfish

Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Nana1Popo2

cool! but im still confused...
how do i record?

random_goldfish

Well, with Print Music you should just be able to save the MUS file as an .wav. As far as recording from your speakers it depends on your sound card and what not...so I'd know how to do that on my computer but probably not yours. I'm quite certain with Printmusic you should be able to go ahead and save it as an audio file. Just go under 'file' and you should see an option that says 'export to audio file' scroll and click it away, it should work.

Nana1Popo2

ok, so wait, recording allows you to play outside of the computer area and it puts it into music? woah...
so how would i take an mp3 version of a song, and put it into notes for all or most of the instruments it includes?

random_goldfish

o_0 You lost me, guy. Haha, ok. Let me re-read that five hundred times.

Ok...I don't think we're on the same page.
Quickly describe what you're trying to achieve, haha!

Nana1Popo2

lol, just wondering if there was a way or program to allow u to convert Mp3 file music into notes on the screen.
like u can do with midi files.

random_goldfish

Oh, that...nah. Can't do that. Sorry.

Nana1Popo2

Merlin

Quote from: Nana1Popo2lol, just wondering if there was a way or program to allow u to convert Mp3 file music into notes on the screen.
like u can do with midi files.
I'm not certain, but I think I've heard that there's a programm called "Melodyne", which can do this... unfortunately, it was said, that the program would cost about 500$, because it's very difficult for a program to convert mp3 files to notes... and I don't know if the program is already available or if it does actually work...

EDIT: Oh, I remember... I read it in a newspaper article... they said that the program could differ the different instruments in a mp3 file and then it would separate them and then the users could see the notes of the different tracks and they could even change them... or copy them into another program. ;)

Nana1Popo2

cool., but sadly, i  dont have $500, lol... thanks, anyway! ^_^