News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

(Finale) ...What now?

Started by RaraCool, August 26, 2024, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaraCool

Finale has been discontinued, you are no longer able to purchase it from MakeMusic, and will only be supported for a year from today, after which it will be impossible to install on devices, even with a license.

As someone who does not make compositions, I'm curious whether proposed alternatives (recreations of Finale in Musescore), are comprehensive enough at this point to fully replace Finale for the purposes of this site?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: RaraCool on August 26, 2024, 06:05:08 PMFinale has been discontinued, you are no longer able to purchase it from MakeMusic, and will only be supported for a year from today, after which it will be impossible to install on devices, even with a license.

As someone who does not make compositions, I'm curious whether proposed alternatives (recreations of Finale in Musescore), are comprehensive enough at this point to fully replace Finale for the purposes of this site?
We've been talking about this in the Discord server since the news dropped this morning. On the staff side of things, we're still working out the exact details (and hope to have more news soon!!!), but the tentative announcement is that we'll try to be software-agnostic while also trying to maintain visual consistency with the sheets as much as possible. The Finale announcement is basically expediting changes we were already planning to work out in the distant future. User input is always appreciated.

For the time being, though, we're still using Finale for sheets.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber