examples:
Kirby Block Ball Level 8
Kirby's Level 8 piano sheet

Kirby Block Ball Level 9
Kirby Level 9 piano sheet

Dance Dance Revolution 1st Mix Butterfly midi from vgmusic.com
Butterfly piano sheet

*These aren't ready for submitting yet.
My question is: is it ok for me to submit them even thought they're made from midis?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

ALPRAS

Hmmm... I dont know if you are being honest, cuz if you are making arrangements by that midis, your making arrangements that looks the same from the arrangements of the guy who has created the midis:

(My english is a little confused. Sorry for that :-\)

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on September 16, 2008, 06:36:56 PMI have midis from vgmusic that I turned into piano sheets:
I am being honest...

Oh. Now I see what you mean. No. I didn't create these midis from vgmusic. I copied and pasted them onto a separate document.

blah54

well... if you submit them under the original midi arranger's name, then i suppose that would be alright... but then you would probably want to ask for their permission...

i don't think you'd be allowed to do it... but if you did, you would HAVE to ensure that you credit the original arranger...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Jamaha

No one submits anything under any name but their own.

No exceptions.

As for midis, no.

Brawler4Ever

k thanks.

I have two submissions on the site that are midis(which I see now are illegal  :-\)
1. Other-Dance Dance Revolution-Butterfly
2. Metal Gear Solid-Metal Gear Solid- Enclosure

Those should probably be taken off.  :-\

Sir Awesomesauce

Well, to my knowledge, its okay to use midis as long as they are changed significantly enough to be 'your own'. Or if you just use them for a guide, that's alright too.

But if they're direct copies you should probably have them removed.  :P
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Qew

OOOHHHH here's a riddle for you

There's this classical music MIDI site which doesn't arrange their MIDIs, they actually go and record them off of a piano, because it's too complex to be able to properly put on a program like Finale.

So my question is:

What if the MIDI IS the actual only first recording [as would be for games], thus there is no ARRANGER as such because the composer is the player of the piano who's been recorded into a MIDI?

(although, I do admit, those MIDIs are freaking screwed up when you look at them on Finale, so they only can be used as guidelines for the notes, not the rhythm)

Qew

"Other-Dance Dance Revolution-Butterfly"

OMG THAT'S SUCH A CRAZY AWESOME SONG O_o but I found the original, it sucks

see, MIDI submissions are alright because nobody in their right mind would wanna turn that song into awesome pianoness that Brawler did without a MIDI >_> >_> <_< <_<

The-Real-Link

Arranging by MIDI is fine, but you should only use them as guidelines.
I use MIDIs for all my arrangements, but I add to and subtract from these MIDIs. I work up a "rough draft" and then take that to my piano, and work on it some more until I get a personal arrangement.